Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-25-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
I bought my boat this winter and did not order the audio upgrade. I have bought a JL Subwoofer and a box. My original plan was to install the box under the drivers feet but when I took it to the dealer, he suggested that they cut a hole in the kick panel under the drivers feet and install it there. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of this installation. I know that it will take up a lot less room, but how will it sound. I have a 04' 21I and am concerned that if it is installed in this manner it will not sound that good. The sub currently is in a bandpass box. Will the storage area on behind the sub be too large of a space to have the sub work effectively? Any help would be great.

Mike
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
I have a 22I and it works great installed the way the dealer is recomending. In the 22I there is a storage area that is behind the kickpanel that had a lot of room and makes easy access to it. Not sure on the 21I. Let me see if I have any pics and I will post them.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
By the way I used the box too. It's in a subbox that is bolted to the backside of the kick panel.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
Pics are on my home pc when I get home I will send post one of it.

But for Tige's and I assume most boats that is the primary spot to mount your 1st sub.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-25-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Where I live our Marina has Tige 21i's and that is where all of them have the upgraded audio system subs mounted....and it sounds amazing!!!!