Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       12-22-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
Comments and comparisons between the two. Mostly a cable board. Also does obrien make any kind of a slider base like the witness grind. i have always noticed that the boards looked very similar, but have never gotten the chance to try the decade.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-23-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
Rode both of these behind a boat. Felt the O'brien was better in every way pretty much. Really fast, poppy board.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-23-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
The Decade is an awesome board. I've never rode the Witness, but I can tell you that you won't be disappointed in the Decade.
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       12-23-2010, 11:13 PM Reply   
ride at the cable and had a 2010 witness, got given another 2010 witness, then got given a 2011 witness, all through warranty, they are rubbish. I can't comment on the decade never ridden. I'd steer clear of the LF boards for cable unless you get a hybrid.
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       12-23-2010, 11:14 PM Reply   
I'll add I do love how the witness rides though.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-27-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
the Decade is the best board I have ever had the fourtune of riding. That board is AMAZING!!!!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-27-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy1173 View Post
Comments and comparisons between the two. Mostly a cable board. Also does obrien make any kind of a slider base like the witness grind. i have always noticed that the boards looked very similar, but have never gotten the chance to try the decade.
Like Andy the ShizNitzel said, you can't go wrong with the decade! Big flat spot in the middle like a Ronix one. Three stage board with speed like a continuous. And the awesome chevrons on the bottom (with techron!) Aka delta base technology.
Gotta question though; just like many other board companies, are you not worried about voiding the warranty due to "hitting sliders/rails"?
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-29-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Durty... I was wondering how long it'd take you to come let every1 know the awesomeness that is the Decade
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-29-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
I'd have to actually disagree with what was said about the witness above, I regularly ride that board literally 5-7 days a week on cable and it's one of the best boards I'v ridden hands down. My last board held up for 8 months before it snapped and it was a no brainer to get another one. Very fast / very stiff / great grind base and soft landings. As for the decade that's one board I have not got a chance to ride yet.