Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-26-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
About three weeks ago, I broke my 05' Murray trying a backroll behind an i/o with a really small wake. When I attempted the trick, I got about 3/4 of the way around but ended up catching the water with the nose. This stopped my rotation and caused my front binding to rip off my board. When the binding came off, it brought the eyelits in the board off with it (I called them "eyelits" for lack of a better term but I mean the metal holes on your board that you screw your bindings into). When the eyelits came out, it brought a good chunk of fiberglass along with it. So, essentially, my board was broken beyond rideability. Compleatley bummed out, I took my board to the local Hyperlite dealership so see what could be done with it. The guy at the dealership said that the board was going to end up as a shelf somewhere because there was little Hyperlite could do about it. He told me that because the board was so old and due to the fact that I bought the board on super liquidation (I payed 200 for it during the 06 model year), Hyperlite was not responsible for it and they didn't have to warranty it. This guy was a really good guy and said that it would be best that he sent it to Hyperlite despite the previously mentioned reasons just in case they were feeling particularly merciful. He even fronted the cost of shipping for me. As it turns out, Hyperlite handled the whole thing really well. Once they received my board, they ended up personally calling me and asking if I was ok after the wreck. They also told me that they would be more than happy to replace my old board with a brand new one because they believed the eyelits should not come out the way they did. So today, I just picked up my brand new 08' Murray board from my local dealership. So, thanx Hyperlite for taking care of a B.O.B (Baller On a Budget) and loyal fan. The classy way in which you handled this matter insured you a customer for life.
Chqwakeboarder
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
seems like the wakeboard industry is really top notch and go beyond the measures to make customers happy! I have the same loyality for CWB as they have come through on warrany for me as well!! Good to know Hyperlite sticks by their products
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
With the amount of money it takes to get into wakeboarding, it's great to have people willing to make donations.
Old    murrayair            06-27-2008, 12:25 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has always done a top-notch job of taking care of their customers. Good story!
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Once upon a time, I had CWB bindings that tore. CWB also did a great job of taking care of me.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-27-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
hyperlite boards have a limited lifetime warranty. Limited: if you slide your board, or there are visable signs of stress NOT caused by riding (i.e. fall out of you truck) it is not covered under warranty.

if you didnt do these things Hyperlite will replace with a comparable current year model. you got hooked up by not paying shipping, but the boards are lifetime warranty, and hyperlite fulfilled thier standard warranty to you. thats cool that they called you personally.

keep ballin'!