Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hellasmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-22-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
I ride a hyperlite motive and looking to advance from the continous rocker onto something more advanced. I have learned a few tricks such as inverts and basic spins but I am looking for a board to get me to the next level. I ride boat almost 80% of the time but still hit cable quite a bit. I want a board that is great behind the boat but can still handle the cable park. I was thinking harley for boat and just use my motive for park but the motive is such a beginner board I dont know if I would be happy with it. I WAS set on the harley until I read the stiffness is bad for landing in flats (bad ankle) and that the grind base makes it too heavy and unresponsive behind boat and the stiffness isnt good for park. I am also looking to advance in cable so the flex of the watson hybrid would be a great feature. Any feedback would be awesome I've been trying to make a decision for ages now . Thanks in advance! I am 6 foot and weigh 165 so board size suggestions would also be helpful!

Last edited by hellasmitty; 08-22-2013 at 1:01 PM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Deluxe Hybrid!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-22-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Deluxe Hybrid!
I will second that hybrid bid.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
I have a Watson Hybrid i use at the cable parks. I also have used it behind the boat and it's very responsive. I prefer my Marius behind the boat because i'm more consistent with it and i land smoother in the flats with it. A young buck could easily handle the Watson though.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-22-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Sounds like the motive works for you so why change? Murray and others rode that for years...