Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       10-02-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
Just found out that I'm moving to Little Rock, Arkansas and I'm looking for information. Anyone from WW riding there?

Thanks,
Greg
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-03-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
I'm in the LR area. Normally ride on the weekends down on Lake Hamilton or Ouchita. What lake/lakes are you planning on hitting up? Be sure to check out Stuckeys and Diamond Lakes. Both great shops.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
Ya be sure to check out Diamond Lakes Watersports in Hot Springs.....There are a lot of great lakes to check out, some of my favs are Degray, Ouachita, Bull Shoals. Also if you are close to the Ouachita River there are some great spots there that are glass all day long. If you are interested in competing there is a pretty good turnout for the INT league, tournaments are held at Burns Park throughout the summer months, I've met alot of people through that.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
www.wavewatersports.com Beaver lake area.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       10-04-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure what lakes to check out. I've driven through Arkansas one time before and that's it, so I need all the help I can get. I should be there in early Feb and I'll be ready to ride when I get there. You guys tell me where to meet you and I'll be glad to bring my boat down. I was told Greers Ferry is nice?? Does anyone ride on the river there in town? Seems like it might be a good place to get a qucik ride in after work?? Are any of you winter riders?

Thanks,
Greg
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-04-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
Greers is good unless it's the weekends during the months of May - August. I have some buddies that ride on the river in LR. Bull Shoals is my favorite place to ride by far. Also, MC Boats of Arkansas is another good shop to go to. They are in Conway so it might be a little closer to you.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-04-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
If your gonna ride the river dont wear any shorts with white in them cause they will never be white again haha. There used to be a few rails down at the Old River but i think they got cut down. Shoals is a beautiful lake and its where they have had Brostock the past two years, its just a good little drive from Little Rock. Your closest bets are DeGray, Ouchita, and Greers. Hamilton is a solid party lake (which is why its my home lake). Good riding in the morning then lots of people the rest of the day. Plus the houses, hotels and bars are on the water which is a little more convenient than having to load up and go to a marina. But def, dirty and no clean water past 10 on the weekends.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       10-05-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
Thanks...I"m sure I'll have a few questions when I get there, but I'm looking forward to it.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
I made it to Little Rock and should be in a house the middle of the week. Looks like the weekend might be around 60 which is pretty warm compared to where I came from. Anyone interested in riding next weekend?

Greg
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-13-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
Damn that sounds cold, I havnt even thought about getting the boat out of storage. I think the earliest Ive started around here was April 15th, but I also dont have a wet or dry suit, just boardies.

Looks like you made it just in time to see how a slight chance of snow can shut down half of a state.

Did you ever decide which lakes you were going to try out?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
I'm thinking Greers Ferry to start with. From what I hear the river is a little sketchy this time of year and I'm not sure of the exact rules on Beaverfork since my boat is not registered in AR. I'm just ready to hit the water and ride a little....got a lot of lost time to make up for after being overseas for a few months.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Greg- If you are looking for a riding buddie(s) we should get in touch, I am about 30 minutes away in Searcy, but would not mind meeting up to ride... I'm a college student so no boat, but would be willing to help out with clean up, set up and gas. (oh and if you would like help with towing riders, back home in washington we'll put about 150 hrs. on a boat in the summer so i spend quite a bit of time behind the wheel...) Hope the move is going well and welcome to AR!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-13-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
To launch in beaver fork it's $50 unless you're a resident of Faulkner county.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-13-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
There are ways around that though.