Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    boofhead            08-11-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
Was wondering how to get really big air off a double up - I get height but its straight up and stright down, on my cut in I cant seem to get enough tension in the line - so I just kind of launched up instead of up and out. Is there a special technique for double up or should I treat it like a normal wake jump?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-12-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
Double ups are just like normal wake jumps. Make sure the boat driver is driving them correctly.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
you don't need to cut out very far either....this will help with your timing..... just stay edging through the wake like a normal wake jump... .... as shawn says, the driver has to drive it right or it will be screwed up... it took me a while to get consistent on them. I also have my driver slow down about 2 clicks on the PP before he turns the double up. the last thing that you want is for the boat to be speeding up as you go into the double up... the driver must be holding steady speed when he crosses the rollers and when the rider is approaching the double up. hope that helps.......
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
Have the driver make a bigger loop for the DU and you'll have more time for loading the line and making the cut. Don't just ride over it, you've got to hit it to get boosted.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-12-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
I wouldn't recommend slowing down. When you get kicked really high you want to land on the downside of the wake. If you are going to slow the wake will widen and you will land in the prop wash which is hard on the knees.
Old    boofhead            08-12-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2003, 5:17 AM Reply   
question, I have a hard time even hitting the DU. Whats the best way to time it?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
rootc-
I have my driver slow down two clicks on the pp..... I never land in the prop wash unless I just screw up my timing..... 1/2 mph is not going to cause you to come up short.....
Old    tribal            08-13-2003, 7:22 AM Reply   
It's all in the angle the driver hit's the du.Driving a du at 90 degrees will send you straight up and not to far,60 d will send you way in the flats.Try around 75-80 d for good pop w2w.
Old    nshon            08-13-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
I kinda charge into the double up like a normal two wake jump into the flats. You have to hold your edge and have tension on the line, and hold on!!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-13-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
I start my cut on the second wave from about 20 feet out. You want to be on the way up the third wave when you hit the wake. I don't cut nearly as hard as a normal wake jump, but keep tension on the line.
Old                10-09-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
i heard this from another person but anyway just drift in then when you get close enough charge at it. It forces you to take a big progressive edge
hope it helps
Old                10-09-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
i will try that.
Old                06-30-2005, 2:17 AM Reply   
me and a friend found out that instead of doing a big circle back into the wake for a double up we make a 45 degree cut to the right which pushes out a huge wake we then straiten the boat out and turn around like you would for the normal double up but hit the wake at the apex of the first 45 degree turn. this increases the hight of the wake tremendously and makes for a HUGE double up. BE CAREFULL LOL