Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
We were at Shasta last week and by accident ended up house boating in the same cove as one of our moderators.now I wont mention any names but Stefani and her crew were great.They were at the end of the cove and we were in the middle.they would idle every time they went by. that alone was cool because we had kids swimming most of the time.the water in our cove was flat most of the time and they still went out to the main body to start boarding.I never heard there stereo even though two of three new mastercrafts had tower speakers. when out on the water they always held their line not to mention it was some of the best riding I have seen.I was teaching my 10 y.o. son to wake board and they stopped and waited for him to get up.i have nothing but great things to say about Stefani and her crew [unless that was her trying to karaoke to twinkle,twinkle little star at 2am in the morning on Wednesday over the p.a. system].its wake boarders like this that will help keep up relations with others.i.e.:fishermen,skiers,lakefront property owners,etc.once again,thank you to Stefani and her crew.m.
Old    wakelvr            07-12-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
Michale,

It was SO NICE meeting you guys! We also appreciate your generosity with sharing the cove. We did have a fabulous spot didn't we? I'm glad we weren't a bother, even despite our midnight serenade on Wednesday. Next time I will be less shy and insist that we take a run together! Thanks for taking the time to stop and introduce yourself.

Your boat is beautiful by the way. I was going to get black... now I wish I did!!!

Stefani

P.S. Did we ever find out who those jet skiers were? They rocked us pretty hard a few times!

Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   

Stefani - Hey we passed eachother a few times on the water both pulling riders. I'm sorry we did not get a chance to all hook-up, I still have you shirt order & can get them to ya. Water was all good, Little Back-Bone AWESOME, Hope all is well,

Mike@wakeon.com

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old    wake_me            07-12-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Stefani,

We looked for you. Never found you though. Sorry that we didn't get a chance to meet all of you. Maybe next time!!
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
as to the jetskiers,i dont know where they came from but they got the idea and left.what upset me was that they were asked to slow down several times and and refused.
so that was your group singing,i thought it was the next cove over.and no it did'nt bother me.i just laughed so hard i could'nt go back to sleep.m.
Old    wakelvr            07-12-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
Racer #5... you mean to tell me you guys passed us and didn't say hello? Now I'm just hurt!!! Seriously, if we had known it was you, you better believe we would have flagged you down. What does your boat look like?

We did see Todd Wilson in his yellow X2 and went chasing after him! It was nice meeting his group!

Kara, where were you guys? We looked, and looked.. you must have found some secret riding spot?

And where was Rene? We looked for him too.

We were staying in Doe Cove off the Obrien's Inlet. We had some FANTASTIC water right outside our cove. But did on several occassions make our way up the Sac arm (to Antlers, etc...).

Also, if you guys saw a blue x2 pulling an airplane (or air glider), that would be us. First run of the week, had to pull a guy in!

We are planning another trip in late August or early September. Any chance any of you guys will be down?
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   

We passed you up at Antlers - I'm sorry we were both pulling riders and when we all finished riden we went looking for ya all but never saw ya. White Wakesetter VLX. We are planning on hitten it in August to.
Old    wake_me            07-12-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Ok, Stefani, we did see you. We passed you guys pulling the glider. Just passed you on our way to Big Backbone. Saw you wave but wasn't sure if it was you or not.

We went to Big Backbone several days, Salt Creek a couple of days and the Pitt another. We didn't go into the O'Brien area. Bummer, that was about the only place that we didn't go on that side too!! Figures!!

Old    aircanada            07-12-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
Michale,

You think you had trouble falling asleep because of Stefani... Try being on the same boat with her and her Bullhorn.. My ears are still ringing!

Stefani + Bullhorn = Danger!
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
I think the real danger that night was the 4 water snakes.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Michale - it was nice seeing your kids having a great time everytime we passed by. I'm glad we all had a great time. Good neighbors makes for good times.

Roadtrips = Planes, trains, and automobiles...
Houseboats trips = Snakes, Bullfrogs, and Cows! Ha ha ha!!! We love you Stef!!!
Old    wakelvr            07-13-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
I knew it was a cow the whole time! Suckers...

We are thinking of heading up there again in late August. Maybe this time we can all coordinate a meeting time and spot. Shasta was great. I would like to head up at least 3-4 times a year!
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
It was great to meet you Michale, you guys seem cool.
Trip was defintely a blast. Nothing like 100+ degree dayzz and 87+ degree water temp. Makes the Coronas go down easier.
Next Houseboating trip will need to call for bigger pipes in the bathrooms. For some reason we got stuck with the smallest ones, that must have been the reason for us taking the houseboat back to the marina to get them UNCLOGGED!
Old    wakelvr            07-13-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Too much information Jason!!!
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Sean,Laurie,Jason and Stefani,
thanks again for being such great neighbors.possably meet up next month.sorry to hear about your pipes.but if that truly was Stefani singing twinkle,twinkle,little star at 2 am then she has enough pipes to go around.lol......m.