Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
What is the hawking setting on this amp for? The hawking dial is on the sub channel.

Thanks.

Mario-
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-07-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
Have you tried contacting the fellas at Tidal Audio? Some of the amps they have used I believe were earlier Sound Stream products.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
I would if I could. Their site is no longer available and their phone number has been disconnected.

m-
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
When Sound Stream was actually Sound Stream they came up with the "Hawking" bass circuit. The highlight was that it gave you a amount of boost (Either fixed or variable based on model) and a subsonic filter below the boosted frequency to give you more bass but less chance of killing your subs. Boston uses a similar circuit called Q-Bass and I think the original Q-Tune from PPI was similar as well.

Here is a link to a Sound Stream manual that talks a bit about it....
http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/A...RubCA52102.pdf

Cheers
Scott
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-08-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hey if anyone knows how to get a hold of anyone at the former Tidal Audio i would like to get that info. They had our malibu and were doing some upgrades to the system since they sponsored my son Tony. That has been 14 months ago. Last Time i saw the boat it was almost done and they said no problem they would just put it in the warehouse until they needed the space since we were only using the EPIC. Well since then I guess jason and his wife got a divorce he lost his ass and everything is gone from the warehouse. So if you see the red white and blue malibu VLX running around let me know.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2010, 11:18 PM Reply   
Scott, what you mean "When Sound Stream was actually Sound Stream" I've been in touch with some of these fellas just recently. Like a lot of the 12 volt people are you suggesting they've had some ownership changes? I didn't think any thing like DE being involved. They actually have a nice line up of amps. Tyring to get a sample or three to see how they measure up.

Ben how's it going? I do have a couple of contacts out that way and will let you know if I find anything. That's gotta suck, wait, you've got the Epic...never mind.
You and Carla making it to Spring Ride?
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-09-2010, 12:18 AM Reply   
Duane- In the 80's and 90's Sound Stream was a local electronics company based in Folsom Calif... (Blue Ravine Rd actually) and they manufactured mostly great car audio products with a small attempt at doing some home and pro gear as well. Most of their products were made in the USA, woofers in house (If I remember correctly) and amps down the hill in Rancho Cordova. In it's last few years the business was owned by a lady named Donna who didn't seem to know crap about audio. A string of bad engineering and manufacturing decisions would ultimately be their demise until the name and certain assets were bought up by another company. I don't remember the name of the new owners but they own several mid fi car audio brands with the newest being PPI. Anyway, Soundstream went from awesome USA built product to a bunch of overseas product.....not that, that is not inherently bad, just not what the name used to represent!

Gosh I feel old now!
Scott
Old     (bingbing)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-09-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Ben
I'm sending you a PM, I might have a cell # for Jason.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-09-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Thanks for the link Scott. This is exactly what I needed.

Mario-
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-09-2010, 11:47 PM Reply   
Mario- Your very welcome....