Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    phattymatty            08-16-2002, 4:52 PM Reply   
w000t ...

quick question from a n00b .. can you please describe to me what 'edging' is .. and also what a butterslide is? That'd help me out a lot ... I'm new to the wakeboarding scheme ... but I just bought a Hyperlite Vashon 140 .. with Factor Eclipse Bindings ... I hope i'm not over my head ... but I've gone out three times with a different board, and am doing well on the HS .. i can cut across well ... and get a little air on jumps ... but i don't get the 'pop' that i'm reading about here... I'm very weak still on my TS ... but I'm sure I'll get better... any tips .. or tricks that I should learn in any order would be of much help... I'm very UNFlexible ... so i got that goin for me .. which is nice .. lol .. So i'm probably not gonna be all over the flips/bacrolls/whatever you call 'em ... but any input would be tight ..
Thanks a lot ..
~matty
Old    hadcity            08-16-2002, 5:07 PM Reply   
hey phatty,
what people mean by edging is when your cutting into the wake on ur hs(heelside) or ts(toeside)edge of your board. this most of the time to get big air the edge is hard. And a butterside is a really easy trick. A butterside is basicaly grinding the wake. not to complicated. But u got to make sure u lean back and close the rope close to you. well i hope this helps u and good luck!
hadcity