Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-06-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sorry Jeff I know you said keep it on the down low but threads are showing up on other forums so I figured why not.Check it out a bamboo Eco friendly squash tail with carbon rails.I think it looks great.Hope to get a chance to demo one at the west coast open
Attached Images

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-06-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Nice! I wonder what that will cost.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-06-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
No word on pricing yet but rumor is this is not the only new design soulcraft has up their sleeve.When I get more info ill post up.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Jeff, you holding out on us? Is one of these coming to the open? That looks sick man. The combination of bamboo, logo, and rails looks cool. Is it lighter and stronger? What are the details? Do you have any HiRez images, not so hazy?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-06-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
I want to ride one! Very nice looking stick!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
Nice looking board! I love the wood veneer boards, classic styling with the modern performance!
Old     (Soulcraft)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-07-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thank you guys... I'm Super Stoked on the new boards, This one is for my customer Tracy, But I have another coming for me and I'll have that for the Open in May.
These are lighter and stronger, using the Bamboo, a special "carbon" material, and S cloth, also proud that were thinking Eco on these too using Entropy Resins and the guys at Eco BoardSports/Green House Glassing to do the vacuum bagging for us.
This is still a new project for us so I'm not sure on Pricing yet? But am positive these will be in the line up for 2012.
Sorry I don't have any better pic's, just the ones the guys send me as the boards moves along, I will get some once the board is home with me..
Thanks again everyone....
Old     (Seba)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-07-2012, 11:39 PM Reply   
Ah, it sounds like Jeff being modest. For a little background on this venture, I asked Jeff a while back if he could build me a bamboo carbon board, and he told me I don't do that vacuum bag laminate thing but if that is what you want I will make it happen. He truly cares about keeping his customers happy. He tried a firm in Seattle to partner up to do the vacuum work but they were not up to his standards so he pulled the plug. He then talked with some old friends in California that owned a shop (he use to live there), and they provided just the quality he was after and here we are. In fact these boards have even been better than he expected. Rumour has it that these boards with traction and fins are suppose to be sub 5lbs, wow. Jeff was able to use a much lighter and less dense foam core than his traditional boards because the bamboo and carbon exterior which adds strength, but also retains a high amount of flex which should provide very good pop for airs and tricks. Also the vacuum method squeezes out a lot of the resin used/needed in construction further reducing weight yet retaining strength. It is the best of both worlds.
I feel grateful that I and going to get 1 of the first 2 boards made using this construction from Jeff and am counting the days until it arrives. I will be sure to provide feedback as to how it rides once I am able.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2012, 3:37 AM Reply   
That sounds very cool, and looking forward to seeing it.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-09-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
I think the Original Flyboy Board was the best board I've seen!! The composite vacuum build made that board Light Fast and Strong!! Since they are no longer made that way ( I believe ) it looks like Jeff has taken over that void in the Market Place!!

I think that is awesome that the style built board is available again and prompts to Jeff for giving it to us!!
Old     (Seba)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-25-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hi, another quick pic of the back end. Looks good. It also shows the leash plug that Jeff is now going to add to his boards that acts as a vent allowing internal air from the EPS to escape when the board heats up. I should have more pics soon as I hope to have the board next week.
Cheers
Attached Images

Old     (krt)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-25-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
great looking board, the bamboo looks awsome!!
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-25-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
That board looks sooo unbelieveably sick... I MUST have one!!!... or two
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-25-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
Dude, I want to lick it.
Old     (Seba)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-30-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
Well we had some set backs with the first incarnation, but looks like everything is worked out and should have the board next week. I think it turned out great, and very excited. Feels like Christmas is coming early this year. I will report back on how it rides soon, finally. Fortuinetly up here is Canada where i live the boat was just put in the lift last week so the delay was not a big deal. Ah Alberta weather.
Attached Images