Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    damnation            05-30-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
Have any of you had any experience with Diamond Subs? The guys at the audio store were raving about them. I'm looking to put two 10s in a ported box in my VLX. I'll be pushing them with 200 watts each. Any experiences?

Thanks.
Old    xtigeman            05-30-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
Supposed to be good.
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Diamonds sound sweet, I had there motorsports series in my truck. If your using the lower line subs then 200watts is enough but the middle and high end ones need more power. If you need a sub thats power friendly try the boston pros, i had the 10's at 200watts (ppi comp amp) and they were hitting great.
Old    heldoorn            05-30-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
Diamond.... huh

HELL YA!!!

Ok I have 2 12" Mac Daddy's i think they are called the THX or something now, there are in my 02 tahoe anyways i entered a bass comp. and it hit harder than a guy there with 4 type r 12"s.... I have some bad ass custom boxes too! its all about amps and the air flow! I have an 1100 watt directed amp and the 2 12' hard as hell! My dad doesnt like it though hes a rep for alpine, so the 03 super is all alpine.... 2 type are 12"s and 4 6666 tower speakers its loud too you can hear it across the water! if u have any questions email me

crisco1508@aol.com
Old     (fmtpo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2003, 11:09 PM Reply   
Diamond's kick ass. i've been running two M5 12's (sealed) in my truck for a couple years. great SQL. upgrading to the M6's now. already have one, waiting for another amp before i get another M6. i also have the M5 components and they sound great w/ 125 wrms to each side with door panels sealed off and most of my truck deadened.

the new high-end model is the TDX not THX (built to compete w/ JL W7), and the new M6 subs are supposedly a little better than the mac's.
Old    damnation            05-31-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Sounds like some good stuff. I don't think they are the high end ones, so I'll try the 200 watts to each sub and see how it goes. If not then I'll upgrade the amps. They are building some custom ported boxes for me, so the air flow should be good (well, as good as it can be).

After this I'll have the two subs, 10 Infinity Kapa 6's and 2 Pioneer 6x9s with a total of 2400 watts.
Old    masonlakerider            06-01-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
I've got a Dual Voice Coil 10" Diamond sub in my truck and it sounds REALLY GOOD! The only thing I liked the sound of better was the eclipse sub...BUT the diamond requires less room to sound good! I highly recommend it!!!
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-01-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
Dave, I have all Diamond speakers and 10" sub in my VLX and they sound sweet!