Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    xtremebordgurl            09-20-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Level X mag is now strictly wakesurfing. What!?!?!? Is there even a big enough market to support that kind of endeavor? I mean I would think wakeskating would have its own mag before wakesurfing did!!! Does anyone else think this is a HUGE mistake? If what I read is true than I am canceling my subscription. Wakesurfing? man, I can't get over it.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-20-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
I didn't care for Level X as a wakeboarding mag, but I agree with you that there can't possibly be enough of a market for a wakesurfing mag. I really like wakesurfing, but I wouldn't consider subscribing to a mag about it. I have to believe that there would be a much bigger market for a wakeskate mag instead.
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-21-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
Not to sound harsh or anytihng, but what were they thinking?!?!?! There are no pro wakesurfers out there are there? Do they even have any events at all? I mean, what is gonna be in the mag? Just a bunch of pics and adds?
Old    martini            09-21-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
i hear ya Bess, seems like the wrong choice to me...wakeskate would have been a better choice perhaps, however, like Bill said i didn't really care for levelx's format anyway...

f.y.i, centurion put on the world championship of wakesurfing this year, and that seemed like a huge "WHAT?" world championship???? is there even a tour??? kinda of sounds something like doing the world championship of beach smashball to me...what's the point really??? but, whatever...i'm sure some people are really stoked on the idea of a mag for it...

i would much rather see a wakeskate mag instead...
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-22-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
If that is the case sounds cool to me. Just cause wakesurfing isn't that popular YET. Doesn't mean they can't push it. I just started wakesurfing a few weeks ago and am addicted. They still have a long way to go on board developements, but it is starting to be a blast. I get as much enjoyment out of surfing as boarding. And personally I think I used my wakeskate twice since I got it two years ago. It didn't do much for me. Surfing on the other hand is so much fun.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-22-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
i'm with stan, i love wakesurfing and i would suscribe to the mag if thats true. wakesurfing is growing and if you think about it wakeboarding wasnt that popular when it first came out but look at it now. I support all the water board sports!
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-24-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   
Thats true, but I guess my thing is, if you've got perfect water to board, why not? If you feel like surfing why not just go to the beach? Although I suppose not everyone can get to a surfable beach unfortunately.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-08-2003, 10:30 PM Reply   
Hey Sid, Stan,,,if you love wakesurfing, go check out www.420EMPIRE.com and check out the video called: Wake Surf Demo, "Drew-N-It Well" Drew Danielo, Wakesurf world champ...this kid is SICK and has the BEST personality. He totally rips 360 shuvits on a wakesurf..HUGE. We also just got new footage of him wakesurfing at nite *with a spotlight* Coming SOON!

www.420EMPIRE.com

Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
Angie,
I checked it out the kid is really good and smooth on the board. Do you know what kind of board he is riding?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-09-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
Drew is riding Phase 5 Stan
look here for info
http://phase5boards.com/

Drew is the world champion wakesurfer
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/drewdanielo

Cheers, Barry Vaught
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/wakeboard_usa
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-09-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
yup,,,what Barry said...
Hey Barry,,,thats the second "champ" to call me and want a haircut..you better get in line..
"I'm so HOT right now" first Shaun Murray, now Drew Danielo! Next....Barry Vaught?????
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-09-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
I really do need one Angi,
Had to fire my last one for not following orders, taking too many vacations & sick days, not wearing the required outfit, perfume or singing the right songs.. That's one reason I was looking for you this past weekend.
I guess I'll just let it grow into a shag.
Cheers, Barry
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-09-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Hey did you take some new pix of Roxy,,Shauns dog? I would love to it...I could not find it on you site in your gallery..?

Well, shags are comin' back in a BIG way! LOL
Partridge family style! haha
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-09-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Shag is defenitly hot!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
What's up Pete Martini,
Thanks for showing me all the 04's
Old    martini            10-15-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
4sure alan! i got your email and i will let you know on the '05's...

Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-06-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
the wakesurf mag is an extension of the wake mag. If u subscribed to the wake part u the surf part for free.