Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       08-12-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have pp wakeboard cruise and it is ok. I'm thinking about upgrading to wakeboard pro. I was wondering if there is a big difference in the ability to hold speed. Currently my pp cruise has a tendency to go higher or lower in speed about 2mph each way which can get frustrating.
Thoughts??
Old     (liv2brd)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-12-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
Robert,
I had a 2002 B52 with the cruise and upgraded to a wakeboard pro. You will find that the upgrade will get you a more accurate hold if that matters to you. I ended up changing out the paddle wheel as well...it didn't have a temp sensor with the cruise and I kinda wanted that too. Bottom line - if you have the cash, go for it. I was happy with it although I attempted doing it myself. Everything was fairly easy until I found out that the paddle wheel hole in the hull for the cruise needed to be larger for the upgrade. So I bit the bullet and had the experts finish it.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-14-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
I did it as well- The paddle wheel I had in the hull didn't need to be changed so it was pretty easy. Way better hold with Pro and you can't set the cruise for surfing very well. I had a lot of issues with the cruise screwing up too- it would heat up and stop working- no problems at all with pro. go for it!
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
I have WB Pro and I honestly think a monkey could pull a rider. It does work great!
Old     (kdr)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-15-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
It's not top on my list of stuff to do, but I will definitely upgrade at some point. When my PP Cruise works, it's ok. When it doesn' a nightmare. Sometimes it will just take off or stop on its own. The worst is when I turn the boat off to reset the thing, turn boat back on and verify that it is off, then when I am in the middle of pulling someone, it will activate on its own mess up again.