Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (wakebud3389)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
If you use lube to get into the closed toe bindings where does the lube go? Its not like it can be washed away from the inside.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-25-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
well first of all the idea of the new liquid liner in the LF boots is so that you can get into them very easily when they're dry. and it works pretty well. additionally the LF model has vents on the sides of the foot so the idea there is that all the water will be flushed out the sides when you put your foot (back) into them.

not so sure about the HL variant though.
Old     (wakebud3389)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
I was mainly talking about the 2006 Murray bindings.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-25-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
There are drain holes but it is slower than normal.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
do you guys like the way they look. im not really into them. ill just stick to open toed boots
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-28-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Personally, i think they look sic, but i think they may go the way of the balsa core. I dont really see every boot being closed toe any time soon.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-28-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
What problem are closed toe boots solving?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-28-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
Keeping your feet warm during the winter..
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-28-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
all i know is that the shane boots are badass. i don't think i'd get them because(now don't flame me for this) i want an 06 3ds 139 and it'd look ugly.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-28-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
GD, what problem did three-stage rocker solve?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-28-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Three stage rocker is supposed to deliver more pop. Next.
Old    drewsky24            10-28-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
I personaly think the the closed toe boots are the ugliest things ever. Whats the point in trying to keep the cold out of your boots if there is holes all over the boot?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-29-2005, 12:26 AM Reply   
ppl the boots should be hittin store soon just go out and give em a shot who knows you may love them...if shanes new boots are nything like the sphynx ill be sporting a new pair
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2005, 12:59 AM Reply   
where does the lube go?

i was thinking the same thing,most of us know the feeling of your foot sticking half way out in front of your binding after 'for example' a ts frontroll attempt.
now imagine a closed toe boot full of soap and a
"example'ts frontroll crash.}

Old    wsrmatt            10-29-2005, 3:56 AM Reply   
i wish people would have thought fulltilt closed toe bindings were good back in the day. its funny cuz people are acting like closed toe boots are something new. fulltilt had the vision but was ahead of its time. im gonna go have another beer
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
Ya, old news dident go over big then and IMO it wont go over big now. Hinge Tech by CWB is a way better design IMO. We will soon see!!
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-29-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
no one back in the day thought man my board is holding me back on the ammount of pop i can get, lets design a board with a flat spot cuz it will help a lot. and btw the highest air in the parks double or nothing was on a continuous.
these boots are supposed to give you more leverage on a heelside cut and giver better overall fit and foot holddown.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
Matt, you are funny when your drunk. Right around the time Full Tilt's XTC boots came out Cobe Mikacich(Full Tilt) & Byerly(Wake Tech) where coming out with the first three stage boards.

proho, it's not so much about more pop. It's about a different type of pop. I've ridden my Marius and got great pop and lots of height, I prefer my Absolute by the way it bucks me off the top of the wake.

As for closed toe boots I think they are yet again another design thing that looks cool and is said to have some advantage(better heel edge, warm) that is in reality negligible.

1.How much leverage do your little piggies have on the edge control of a board? Honestly.
2.Your feet are still freaking wet dumbass, they don't hold your feet like a warm blanket.
Big Heavy Verdict= They look cool and with the two largest companies pushing them people will buy because they get hyped to being a big deal. Kids like to look cool on new "different" things and they will sell for that reason alone. Performance will have nothing to do with it.

However if warm feet are guaranteeed and I can shred the gnar with my piggies setting my edge for me, then I say "get radical!!". Where are my Zeus'?
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-29-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
i know the difference between continuous and three stage. im just saying there was nothing wrong with continuous boards that needed to be fixed. about point number two wetsuits keep you warm in a similar principle to how closed toe bindings would. plus it cuts down on wind.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
Who said a three stage rocker fixed anything for wakeboards? It's about a different type of ride. Hell boats were working great before internal combustion engines were introduced, why don't we rig some sails to our new Nautique?!? Brilliant!

Wetsuits trap water within the suit and heat it up using your body temperature. These have drain holes and the water does not stay in the boot. So no, they don't work like a wetsuit, but thanks for trying.

Closed toes actually control the weather!?!?! That is awesome. Do you think if we open the heels up we can cut down on rollers? That would be freakin sweet! Seriously, when it's cold as hell do you really feel the breeze on your toes? I've enclosed an image of my piggies nearly falling off from their extreme exposure. Question: I ride in water that gets close to 90 degrees at times, in closed toe boots will the hot water stay in there & get hotter & hotter until my poor trapped feet are sitting in boiling water?!?! AHHHH, say it ain't so!!!!
Shortly after I had to amputate all 10 toes. If only closed toes boots were around sooner....
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-30-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
i know shane has drainage holes but ive looked at the murrays and cant find any holes anywhere.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-30-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Your right, after years of making boots as light as possible(not really though) Hyperlite has decided to trap water withing the boots to make the whole thing heavier. I believe its called "Aquatic Retention Technology". You trap the water close and are thus more connected to nature & the universe and able to wakeboard at a higher level. Your feet are also warmer.

It's water bro, unless there is a latex seal the water is running right out. It's not peanut butter , it's water and a whole lot less viscous. It will just flow right on out.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
I thought they were supposed to keep your foot from coming out the end of your bindings when landing????
Old     (shiznizzle)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
SoCal your right that's supposed to be one of the main advantages.

I can't comment if they work or not as I have'nt tried them, but talking to some water ski jumpers feet coming out of the front of bindings was also a problem for them.

They've been using closed toe bindings for a while now with success and as far as I know, no broken toes.