Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
I'm in the market for a new rope/handle. I was just wondering which ones everyone else prefers. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old    cheeseinaz            08-31-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
I have a Parks carbon handle and a Yellow Jacket line. Love 'em both. The rope doesn't tangle real easy, floats, no stretch at all and the handle is solid, real good for 3's. The only drawback is that if you smack the handle real good, it WILL break. I SkySki too and have shattered 3 handles doing a backflip and hitting the handle w the foil. If you are just wakeboarding however, it's fine.
Old     (hiking42)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-31-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
I have the Accurate jacket line with a Premier handle and its awesome
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
Same as Mark and love the combo!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-31-2004, 11:37 PM Reply   
hardline dhs handle w/ hardline shoestring rope
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2004, 11:51 PM Reply   
parks carbon handle and accurate jacket line. Love it. sooooo easy and never knots. love the handle cause its got great grip and its super light.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
Accurate mainline is the only way to go for rope. I have both the Catalyst and the Endure by Accurate and like them both. Cheese is right, if you hit it hard on something it will chip, crack and break in that order. I like the Endure because it has more of a rubber grip fill to it and it’s solid.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
Fly High Black Diamond with Tak. Most durable, almost cannot tangle. This is my competition rope and handle. Never had a tangle or failure. Harder rubber, but still no blisters.

Hardline DHS with T-Cor. Lightest and most resistant to tangling among the small diameter coated spectra lines. Replaceable handle, so it is a great value. This is the most comfortable and soft I have held. My kids love it. Great for smaller hands.
Old    chasepriest            09-01-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
hey Jamie you have any trouble with that catalyst handle, we have one on our boat and it has gone to crap in about 6 months, the grip is almost gone. anybody else have this problem.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Chase – My grip is all good, it’s just where something hit the side and it chipped the coating. Now you can see a little cracking going on where it’s chipped.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-01-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
just get a last years rope and handle. you'll pay half for it.

call Grizzly-Sports.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
I just wanted to ugrade my handle & rope. I decided since it was such a end of the year good deal to buy the Parks Carbon w/Accurate Jacket Line. I'm impressed how my hands no longer hurt with that handle and my runs are much longer. I used to have a crappy SL combo.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
I strongly suggest the mainline. I was using a small poly rope and went to the mainline and could tell a huge difference in the way my shoulders felt after a weekend of riding. Night and day difference.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-03-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
yeah mainline everytime, pricey but get it from grizzly and u really will save the $$$$$$$

i've got the premier handle from there aswell, not too sure about the thick handle, but u get used to it (don't really understand why they bothered tho??)
Old    lucky            09-03-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
Anyone looking for two brand new grips for Hardline DHS handles. I have two I'll sell for cheap. I have accidentally destroyed my Hardline handle, nothing left to put the new grips on. email me...
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Mango gives Grizzly-Sports two thumbs up! Th
Old    chocobeat            09-03-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
i got a 04 byerly handle an a liquid force carolina blue spectra rope... it looks SOOOo hot
Old    howie            09-03-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
I use the zero g and mainline also Got a killer deal from grizzly also also I have the the baton Love it
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-06-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
hard the parks handle, didnt break it but all the grips tore off got the zero g love it and i have the lime jacket..good rope and handle..nice big handle, great for handle passes makes it realy easy to find.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-07-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
I think the best would be the Parks Carbon with the blue & white main line. Not only a great combo, but looks sweet too. The white & blue is also easier to see in the water around here unlike the red & black I have.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-08-2004, 3:05 AM Reply   
I am planning on getting a carbon handle, and like the Straight Line Bantam. What do you think of that one compared to the Parks?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-08-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
jacket series rope is at the end of its 3rd year, still rippen and the premier handle has taken a licken and its still ticken, no complaints about accurate products, great investment
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-08-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Buzz, I'm telling you that Parks Carbon handle and the blue & white mainline is not only the best combo, but the best looking!!!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-08-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
carbon breaks fairly easily. i broke 2 this season.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
Try a LF Watson handle and be stoked, plus you'll be smiling a lot since you spent only $50 bucks on it and its super light. I like the Accurate ultra spectra line (I think they call it Grubb's pro line) because it is the only rope I know of that comes in 80' length... Unless you're Randy Harris you wont have to add any sections to it, plus it's the same price as most others.

(Message edited by guido on September 08, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
I like the LF watson handle although mine lasted for 2 weekends. I will be getting a 2005 for the warranty, hopefully it lasts longer. I have a hardline handle that I am using now because I sent the watson back. Its a very durable handle although I like the thick cushion of the watson. As for ropes, I think any spectra or spectra fusion rope is going to suit you just fine. They are all non-stretch and have about the same strength, so basically purchase on color. Any non-stretch rope will suit you fine. The handle is really the only preference factor.
Old    wickedwake            09-09-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Maybe a ghey question but......What color combos are you guys running with the Accurate jacket lines and Premier handles??
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-09-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
blue rope and the yellow handle, but this was 3 years ago so Im not sure what colors are offered because I havent researched it
Old    wickedwake            09-09-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Well i have a Lime jacket rope one the way, should i go with yellow or green premier? Decisions decisions :-).........
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
had a Accurate jacket with Temet handle: perfect ;)

Had Nevin cord withe Temet handle: BEURK

The cord is always twisting, nothing to do with it.

I miss my accuracte jacket ;)
Old    lunaraven            09-20-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Red Accurate line and red Accurate handle, bought them on the weekend, I will try them out this morning and see if it makes a difference.