Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    nacidude            09-29-2003, 5:57 AM Reply   
well ive been watching videos since spray and hit it,and i must say this tops them all! great vid great soundtrack, good job mr buffalo!!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-29-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
I've watched it like 10 times already. Definitely one of my favorites in my collection. Plus, it is longer than most videos.

If you haven't seen it, pick one up. I think his site is westsideconnection.com or something like that.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-29-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
oops...it's westsideconnection.net.

This video is very pro from top to bottom. The cover, the DVD menu, cinematography, editing, everything. I see Buffalow and co. becoming thre next big thing in Wake videos. Watch out Sideways & Bump!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2003, 1:53 PM Reply   
hmm, i'll definitely have to check this vid out. for some reason im turned off by the whole westsiiiiide thang. and jason really endorses that vibe, so it's made me wary of anything coming from that camp.

in the regional report section of wakeboarding mag's may 03 edition, jason wrote this:

"i have long said that delta riding is completely unique compared with any other riding in the country. we have a group of riders who each have their own style, but have a common thread that can easily be seen on video."

i've often wondered about the whole eastside/westside supposed difference in style. i know folks say that the westcoast style is more snowboard influenced, longer hang times with more grabs, whereas the east coast style is more "technical." i guess this is true, but honestly (and this may just be my own ignorance), i haven't seen it. when i see randy harris, cody hall, chris williams, arun frances or ricky gonzalez ride, i can't see the difference. they all have their own uniqueness and idiosyncrasies, but i don't see this major difference in style between them and the videos that feature the florida riders like watson, murray, et. al.

does this video really show what buffalow mentions in that quote?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
I ordered the video.

I think the style is somewhat different but I think its blown up more than it should be. There are people from the east coast who ride in a similar way.

Not all ride like this, but I tend to like the general style that is seen out here more. I like it because its the style that my riding sort of reflects.

The differences I see are slow, grabbed spins both switch and regular in all directions. TS backside 3's as an example. Not everyone does them but they look and feel good to do.
They tend to use the wrapped handle to grab a spind that wouldn't normally be grabbed. Another example is tricks like the method to blind 180. The average wakeboarder probably doesn't think much of it but it looks killer and is pretty fricken hard to do!

AS far as the whole west vs east thing I don't pay attention to it. It's stupid that it exists at all but I watch people for their riding only, not based on where they are from or what they represent. If I did that I wouldn't like half of the people I do now.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-29-2003, 5:06 PM Reply   
I think the east/west distinction is based more upon the tradition of what was going on years ago, as opposed today, because the styles now have all pretty much become blended. I agree with Blabel that the whole east vs west thing now is over-hyped. But at one time, the differences were very real. I was in and around Orlando a fair amount during the mid/late 90s, and the type of riding that MOST (not all) of the riders down there were interested in at that time was very different from what people like Greg Nelson and the pioneering Delta riders were doing out west. Watch "Skurf's Up" or "Switch 22" and you'll see what I mean. Now days, it seems like it's all more or less blended together.

But back to the original topic of this post, I think Buffalow's Delta Sessions video is very well done, it offers something different from the mainstream, and it does a good job in many segments of capturing an appreciation for the tradition of the Delta and the original westcoast style.

I like the video a lot. I even bought a few extra copies for my old homies back east!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2003, 5:14 PM Reply   
cool - thx for the clarifications guys. just bought a copy of the vid. looking forward to checking it out.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2003, 5:29 PM Reply   
"I think the east/west distinction is based more upon the tradition of
what was going on years ago, as opposed today, because the styles now
have all pretty much become blended. I agree with Blabel that the
whole east vs west thing now is over-hyped. But at one time, the
differences were very real. I was in and around Orlando a fair amount
during the mid/late 90s, and the type of riding that MOST (not all) of
the riders down there were interested in at that time was very
different from what people like Greg Nelson and the pioneering Delta
riders were doing out west. Watch "Skurf's Up" or "Switch 22" and
you'll see what I mean. Now days, it seems like it's all more or less
blended together. "

Couldn't agree more.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-29-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
delta sessions is a very good movie. ors was skipping so i emailed jb and now they are gunna replace it
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
Chris Dykmans is so smooth and so good. I have not seen the video but I have seen him ride and he is the next Shaun Murray.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
Christopher, another vid that shows some of the riding is Outkast. Although annoying in parts, it definitely shows this style of riding. Randy Harris, Wahlman, Marquardt, Facciano (Sp?), Josh Smith, specifically.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-01-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
I bought the video @ Boardstock and have watched it a dozen times. It's really well done. I especially like watching Mike Schwennee & Jacob Lockin ride. I have been out with both of them and Jason did an awesome job capturing footage. These guys flow effortlessly and go huge. Jason did an excellant job promoting the local riders. Everybody is under the conception Florida is the hub. Norcal rocks
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-01-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
hey blabel,

where can i get outkast? looked online for it and keep getting references to the band, not the the dvd.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Chris, I bought my copy at skiworld in Castro Valley. 510.881.5881.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
I got mine through a friend so I'm not sure.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
Heys guys thanx for the input and support. Just so you guys know I push the westcoast thing becuase I feel we lack the exposure we deserve. Anybody that knows me know more than anything I am about the SOUL/LOVE of the sport.

Catch you guys soon!
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-08-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Got my copy today and I've watched Schwenne's (SP?) part three times. Awesome style and good editing.

I likes.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
Damn woman logged on to my laptop! That was me.
Old    snowdog            10-09-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
JB rocks :-), whens Delta Sessions II coming out? We want more ~

Landon
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-09-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
I ordered my copy of Delta Sessions, How long will it take to get to me in Socal?

Yo, C-Stack
The reason you can't find outkast is because it is spelled "outkastz".
The cheapest place I found it was for $22.95
http://www.actionsportsvideos.com/wake.html
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
Jeff, got the order 10/7 @ 9:05 - Shipped 10/7 @ 5:00pm!

Enjoy
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
We are already working on the next video. It will featured some of the same guys, but different Cali. locations. It also will have some much bigger names both from here and Florida. We already got some great new music, bigger sponsers, and some awesome ideas.
Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-09-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
Ordered mine as well cant wait to see it Buffalow great teaser vid man...
Old    mmj420            10-09-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
yeah, the important thing with videos is to make sure that credit is given where it is due. I have seen almost all these people in the video ride and they all are amazing. now it is time for those who profit from this type of business to thank those who made it possible, those people behind the lens. this will not make sense to 99.9% of the readers of this thread but to the .01%.....you know what i am talking about.....
peace and love .....2 cents in!...if curiosity kills anybody, drop me a line and i will explain
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
Mark,
Thanks for the intelligent comment. On first read, I was confused because I thought you meant "profit" in a monetary sense (whereas in actuality, there usually is not very much). Now I think I get your meaning. That would be a nice thing to hear, but you're right... often it might be assumed (or maybe not) but is never stated.
Peace back!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
I am confused! Our team (which includes tons of people) has worked togther for many years and as far as I know is very stoked on the results. All of the riders involved know that we made the movie to promote them and the sport and Norcal. Mabye I am just not sharp enough to understand it. I think we gave credit to everybody involved in the credits. Besides all of the help - there is time and money to make the thing happened, which our team sacrificed a ton of.

Does this thread make any sense?

Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       10-10-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-10-2003, 7:57 AM Reply   
Ok I just watched Aaron Aubrey's part again. Damn!!!! Super smooth and grabs everything.

Mark, I'll go ahead and say it: I don't know what you mean.

Without the riders the video wouldn't be possible. Without the people behind the lens and in the boat, these guys wouldn't get as much exposure. Am I missing something?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Jason, Thanks for letting me come out to your crib last night to pick up my copy of the video. I was up late, with my eyes glued to the screen! Nice work!!

I think Mike Schwenne makes it look easier than anyone. He lands everything so smooth.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Yhea Mike is the Man. Like I said though, you have got to watch it a bunch of times to really see all the different grabs, switch stuff, and style stuff that you miss on the first run through.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-10-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
Well, I'll add more of the same props for the video. I've now watched it several times and it is grrrrreat! It's really cool to watch a video that is shot in your back yard and now I can ride where these guys ride and crash like they crash! :-) Again, great job JB and all involved.... #2 will not come soon enuf!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
Buffalow out did himself in this one
Hate to see what is up his sleeve for his next film.
Arun's part is sick. It's short - but his riding - style!!
You have to watch the dvd about 20 times to get the full effect.
When can I get a pull on your 04?
Great job Jason!!
Alan Bogdanoff
Old    ampedmotodiva            10-12-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
I have yet to see anyone give props to those who actually filmed, edited, and produced the video...

Arun Frances, Rich Dykmans, and Brian Barton: Awesome job, guys!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
Anne-Michelle..Much agreed. The guys that actually did the filming, editing, boat driving, saftey crews,etc... are the reason we can even do this stuff. Our video turned out so well because of all the people that are passionate about this sport in our area and dedicated their time and energy to make it happen. It was a great colaboration of efforts. I am stoked to be a part of it!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-13-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
I think the filming and editing is at a professional level. It was a great no-nonsense flick of pure riding. There were brief shots that captured their personalities as well as different shots of the Delta. I think there is definitely a future in vids for these guys.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-13-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
Yea, A-M, Arun did heaps of filming for this vid.
Much Props go out to him and Rich, and Brian.
Arun even got some pics in the mag for his efforts in the filming for Delta Sessions.
Sorry I left you guys out, Especially you Arun cause I know how many hours you spent behind the the computer.
Arun everytime I called you, you were editing, and couldn't talk. All you guys have talant. Exploit yourselves!! Arun your footage ripped!!
Sorry I left some heads out of the mix.
My mistake.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-13-2003, 10:58 PM Reply   
Alan- shame on you! how could you not mention the guys behind the camera? haha

Very nice job on the video, I checked it out at boardstock and it looked really good. Great job guys.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-14-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
I Have to throw out a huge thanks to JB. i think this dvd is just what the Delta scene needs to put it on the map. it's just like sean kilgus, when he first put out concussion project not to many people new any of the riders in that but now you see guys like brent star and the ennen's consistently gracing the pages of wakeboarding and alliance magazines right next to the likes of parks and watson etc. I have yet to see it but the trailer looks awesome. Keep up the good work and we will keep up the support.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-14-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
I agree that they did a great job and its no question that the movie was a success I would like to thank Arun Frances, Rich Dykmans, and Jason Buffalow.
Old    tammy            10-15-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks JB, just got it.
Old    sdorovi            10-16-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
Alan layin it on pretty thick! You getting paid endorsement fees! Just kidding! I've only heard from everyone that the video rips! About time the world saw some wakeboarding coming from the center of the UNIVERSE norcal.}
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-16-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
i guess i'll have to be the first voice of dissent. just to be clear (since its easy to be misread on a bb), this is not to impugn the hard work done here. i give my view of this just to provide jason, arun et.al with a different point of view that perhaps they may (or not) find valuable.

1) i feel this suffers a bit from the issue i had with scrubs of the south. very fast editing with little or no handle around the tricks - meaning you rarely see the set up and cut in or the ride out from the landing. a serious majority of these tricks are shown from take off to landing - and in very quick succession, which to me makes it hard to appreciate the tricks unless you watch the dvd in 1/2 time or less.

one of the reasons this is surprising to me is that the delta style i've heard so much about is supposed to be all about smoothness and style. i would have expected the video to reflect this, with longer takes and more linked tricks.

2) kind of a corollary to to the first - more slow motion (or more significant slow-down) would have been nice. again, to appreciate what the riders are doing and the delta style. grabs are often difficult to see in realtime, or even in slight slo-mo.

3) compsition - i really felt strongly that much of this footage was filmed too close in, resulting in seeing the rider, but not much else once they left the wake. there are many shots where you can't see the water as the trick is performed. it gives you no sense of how high the rider is, how far they went, etc. all elements that help out you there.

another result of the framing being close is that the footage is often shaky, which can be fairly distracting. i also found the video strobing effect annoying too. don't know if this was done on purpose, but i didn't like the video look of some of the footage.

4) repetition of tricks - many of these riders are shown doing the same trick (albeit maybe from a different angle), multiple times. for instance chris williams is shown doing a tantrum to blind four times in the course of his section, which only runs about a minute and a half.

5) the extras section is little deficient. a lot of repeated footage, and if the intention was the pack the main section with riding - this at least could have featured some more chatting with the riders, sliders, delta scenery and lifestyle, etc. the most entertaining part of this section was the trailer for the archives.

6) time. i thought in wakeboarding mag jason said this was going to be a longer video than most. i must admit being surprised when it ended, as it seemed short. i felt the same way when all or nothing ended. the credits start rolling at 29:05.

7) lastly (and im sure this will be my least popular contention), i was very surprised to see jason himself featured as a rider. i may just be ignorant of jason's stature and popularity in the norcal scene, and i've heard it mentioned that he was at one time semi-pro, but i just didn't feel his riding level is sufficient to be featured in a professional video along with the likes of schwenne, mikacich and williams.

none of this obviously is to take away from the great riding and the scene up in norcal. or to insinuate that its easy to make a wakeboarding video. obviously a lot of time and effort went into the creation of this work. these are just my observations as a outsider and as an avid wakeboard video watcher.

(Message edited by deepstructure on October 16, 2003)
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-16-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
Come on, Chris, that's all you've got?
Old    johnp            10-16-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Christopher Stack:

1) You don't ride in slo-mo, neither do they. What gives? You have a remote, use it.

2) See 1.

3) Make your own vid using whatever angles you want. Shoot, capture, edit, compress, burn, enjoy.

4) I'd be willing to bet you do the same trick 4 times in the course of one day of riding. When you do something well and it looks good, you tend to stick with it.

5-6) See 3.

7) Blah.

Enjoy...John
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-16-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
Damn Chris! I don't mean to insult you in any way (you know I love you Bro!), but Sheesh (I would use the other s word, but it makes those red dots!) you really are a nit-picker...I guess I don't pay attention to the Cinematographical aspects as much as you, but I really enjoyed this video and I think it's one of the best in my collection.

I do think you have some valid points, but some are a little extreme. I'd love to hear your critique of the Mona Lisa! HA!

This post kind of mirrors what we go through in the music industry. Who's to say that one producer is better than another. It's all subjective. If this video portrays what the producers wanted and they are happy with it, they achieved success. I guarantee if another producer told our producer what they felt he did wrong, he'd laugh. It's all subjective.

I'm sure your conceptual picture of what a well done wakeboarding movie would look like would probably be killer translated to film/Dv.
So...when are you going to make a movie? Your footage of CDubs would be a killer start. Let's call up some boys and make it happen!

Considering that this film was made on a grassroots level with minimal financial backing, I think it far surpassed my expectations. I'm sure WestsideConnections features will only get better.

Ohh(get it)...Arun you ROCK! As a video editor, friend, rider, and as a person in general! See I recognize some of the peeps behind the scenes and give props!

(Message edited by depswa on October 16, 2003)

(Message edited by depswa on October 16, 2003)
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-16-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
Oh and about Jason being a featured rider. He is pretty damn good. I agree that he may not be of the same caliber as the riders you mentiond, but come on...he's 6'+ 280-300+ pounds or so throwing inverts! When do you ever get to see flying buffalow...never. I thought it was a treat to see him and it definitely gives us "bigger Boys" some hope! Plus, his name is pretty well known in the industry, at least now you can put a name to the face/body. He looks like you'd think someone would look with a name like Buffalow!

You are an amazing rider Chris, but let's see you strap a 100+ pound backpack to your stomach and try to ride.
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-16-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
Chris, you really gotta wear that helmet man! I totally respect your post but Im still gonna score a copy to see SOCAL bro CDUBS ride and NoCal Jason.

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-17-2003, 12:42 AM Reply   
Balint...you have seen CDubs...wait till you see Dykmans, Sammons, Schwenne, and Aubrey! All totally different styles, but they are mind blowing!!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-17-2003, 12:53 AM Reply   
lol jimmy, joe and dan. good to see folks can keep their humour. good points all. its not the first time ive been accused of nitpicking, and certainly won't be the last. :-)

joe, i bought a copy to support some fellow boarders and filmmakers so i definitely encourage anyone to pick it up and see what they think of it for themselves. different stuff works for different folks.

regardless, i appreciate jason and company's stoke for the sport and willingness to do the work and put a product out there. i know its been arun's dream to makes movies and i laud anyone who pursues their passion. i only hope to be so lucky some day.

and although i agree that jason's ability is very impressive for a person of his build - instead of me learning to do my tricks with a 100lb weight, perhaps jason should just lose a few pounds. ;)
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-17-2003, 1:45 AM Reply   
That's no fun! If you love your tools build a shed over 'em!

(Message edited by depswa on October 17, 2003)
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-17-2003, 1:54 AM Reply   
But it appears my shed is collapsing lately...or should I say shrinking. Damn Gym screws up the square footage!

(Message edited by depswa on October 17, 2003)
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-17-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Sorry dudes, but the only wakeboard video I've seen is Free4All. Listening to your discussion of the types of tricks thrown sounds like the Parks section in F4A. Just happens to be my favorite (by far) part of the movie - for a new guy to see a 180 taken so big and with so much style !!! The music was great in that too (I ordered three CDs from the soundtrack).

1) How would you compare the two videos?

2) On a related note..In competition, are judges forced to give more points to the guy landing 7's than the one stomping a huge off-axis 180? In other words, are the most stylish tricks best left for free-riding?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
no comparison. F4A had a much bigger budget. They used helicopters for the photo shoots. But, you say you like style. There's plently of that in DS.
Old    sdorovi            10-17-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey Chris go watch E.T. and then watch Schindlers List. When Speilberg started out people thought that E.T. was the Shiss, but that was just the beginning. Delta riders are getting better by the day and so is this film crew. Maybe if we promote this vid rather demote it we can put enough cash in jason and arun's pocket's and then they can buy the expensive equip and who knows maybe you'll see buffalow buzzin the delta in a new chopper. Til then Buffalow and Arun Alan told me you guys put blood sweat and tears into this much props and keep it up. As for chris he'll get over it eventually.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       10-17-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Why is constructive criticism bad?

Some of the points he made could be very vailid and helpfull to the people that created this video.
Old    sdorovi            10-18-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
I agree with you Shawn, but that's why you can privately do that on this site by e-mailing someone. This is a public forum one that potential video buyers read if the criticism is meant to be helpful telling the public about all the negative aspects isn't going to promote sales. I'm not trying to bag on Chris,but I own my own business and know that while I like to receive constructive criticism I don't like to receive in front of a store full of customers. Much love to all not hatin just tryin to help the cause.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-19-2003, 1:47 AM Reply   
so sdorovi, one shouldn't say anything publicly unless it's only going to have a positive impact on someone's bottom line? that's a rather slippery slope. it's also giving my words too much credit. i doubt i've dissuaded anyone from buying the video - in fact i've done the opposite. publicly. in this thread.

sorry, i have no desire to promote any type of non-protected speech, but only blowing sunshine does not a discussion board make.

also, e.t. was something like spielberg's 11th film. it was made after films such as jaws, raiders of the lost ark and close encounters of the third kind. it's also by far the highest grossing picture he's ever made and still considered by many to be his best. you see my point? you made the assumption that everyone would agree with you that schindler's list was a better film.

but the whole point here is that different people enjoy and value entertainment quite differently, and as far as im concerned they should be free to express that.
Old    sdorovi            10-19-2003, 2:36 PM Reply   
Hey I guess your right maybe I am being a little too communist when it comes to your free speach rights, but the main point is that your in film and you of all people should understand that your review may have been a bit direct. It's not whether it's right or wrong in the free speech arena, it's whether it's right or wrong to deeply critique someone's work if you yourself have not acheived great success in this field. Or maybe I'm wrong maybe you are a award winning action sports film producer, I don't know maybe I read you wrong. I'm not trying to give you a hard time for what you said I just think that due to the fact that you know from experience how hard it is to produce a film, you may have posted a more general critique rather than a point by point dissection.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
IMHO there is nothing wrong with the way Chris expressed his views on our video. You'll notice he didn't say he regretted buying it NOR did he recommend to everyone NOT to buy it. Though we are satisfied with it for our first effort we intend to make the next one better so hearing comments like Chris's only helps! We're stoked that all of you have taken the time & expense to voice your opinion (whether overwhelmingly positive or not) and pick up a copy. Jason has done a great job of getting the word out about Delta Sessions and now it's ultimate success rests with the Wakeboarding public! If the initial response is any indication Arun and I should be hanging off a heli next year!
RD
Old    sdorovi            10-19-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Right on Rich. Good Luck,you guys,much success.
I'm done.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I am in full support of this type of forum. Our goal for this first video originally was to get soem of "our guys" exposure. It has turned into a huge thing which far exceeds all of our expectations. We are very open to input from and already have a ton of new stuff in mind for the next one. Our other goal was to make it an enjoyable video for everybody to watch. It is not in competition with Free 4 all, it is our first video and a regional one at that. Thank you guys for all of the input.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-23-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
Just checking- You guys digg'nt he soundtrack for Delta Sessions? I picked through so many artists and songs to get the collection. Rich, Arun, and Brian worked with the musicians we had selected and made the sections fit each rider. I feel that each songs fits each rider well. What do you guys think? Want more punk, rock, reggae,etc...?
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-23-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
More Depswa! Just kidding...2 songs...I can't complain...Plus, I hear Depswa every day anyway!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
What up Dan. How's life as a rock star these days. Delta is 68 Degrees and air aound 85-90 - when you coming up?
You show the guys the video?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-24-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Jason,

I'm diggin "Anotha Day." I've already contacted Natural Selection and Plan B to try and get a copy of their CDs. Also, I love the Expendables, but I couldn't find anything on them.

J-Rod
Old     (elisa)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-24-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
http://www.theexpendables.net/

They are from the Santa Cruz area. It is easy to catch them playing somewhere in the bay area. I'm glad to see them getting more exposure. Ryan, the bass guitarist, grew up right across the street from me.

(Message edited by elisa on October 24, 2003)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-24-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Mike Schwenne, Chris Dykmans and Brian Barton are all Santa Cruz boys. Evidently Brian also knows those guys and that's how we got hooked up to use their music in Mike's section. WSC has the soundtrack available also on CD through the website for anyone that's interested.
RD
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-24-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
Jason...It's all good. We've been writing a lot of killer new stuff. Some of the same, but we're even going in different directions as well. You'll trip when you hear the stuff. Yea the guys were stoked on the video. Thanks for putting us on there.

As for the visit...It needs to happen soon! Maybe next weekend? What do you have going on for Halloween. I always ride somewhere on Halloween weekend and get butter (usually Naci, but I wouldn't mind hitting up the Delta this year). Let me know Bro!
Old    wakelvr            10-24-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
I just spent two hours watching the video again and looking for the songs on the web. I am going down tomorrow to purchase the Depswa cd. I have a few songs already but would like to hear more. Oh, and the Depswa's site is the bomb!

I also like "slick Twist" from Void but can't find them anywhere. Can you even purchase their music? What I would really like to do is just purchase the music from the entire video!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Stefani,
Check Westsideconnection.net. The soundtrack CD is supposed to be available for purchase on there, but last I talked to anybody at Boardstock, they were not quite ready to ship yet. Anybody know the latest on the music CDs?
Thanks.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-26-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
We've got the CD's and they are available through the webiste:

http://www.westsideconnection.net/classifieds.html

They include all of the tracks on the DVD with the exception of the Depswa tracks (Depswa has their album out already on CD) as well as I believe 6 other bonus tracks from the artists. Many of these songs are not available yet anywhere else so it's a great chance to get their music now!
RD
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-26-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
I got the package deal, the DVD, the cd and a t-shirit.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2003, 2:06 PM Reply   
I love the new video and im gonna order the cd aswell. I thought the video was great and it didn't look like you guys were new at it. i do think there could be some improvements for the next video. i loved all the riding in the video and it is one of my favorites now. the more i watch the more im able to tell the difference between the east and west coast style of riding and each rider made the video unique than other videos out there now like Metronome. It was an awesome video Buffalow and all the others that put time in to make it happen.
for the music my favorite songs were Mike Schweene section and Josh Storrers.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-05-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
was there anyone from southern CA in the video? or just delta riders?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-05-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
Chris Williams has a segment as well as Cody Ramsey (although Cody is more of a Central Cal guy!)