Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Step #1Get A $370 Maybach
Step# 2 Destroy it
Step# 3 Then say it's going to be used for a Charity Auction for Africa??

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amp...h-for-charity/

IMO it's just a Media Hungry Attention whores way of getting press, It worked It got me to watch their crappy video and post a link to it. It brings out a reaction and that's what they wanted.

I expect this type of crap from Kanye but Jay-Z???
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
Perhaps donating cash would have been a better idea? Did you see the link to Jay-Z's $250k bar tab at club LIV in Miami? That's just ridiculous..
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Makes about as much sense as the attitude:
"We're mad at (insert excuse) so we're going to destroy our neighborhood"
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Right! I have an idea, Mr. Noble- how about you cease from drinking for one night and donate the bar tab?

Edit- Their feigned noble-ness is really a not-so-cleverly-designed grasp at fulfilling the selfish desire for attention.

Last edited by barry; 08-15-2011 at 1:40 PM.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Trashing a $370k car for a music video, and rolling up a record $250k bar tab at LIV in Vegas, topping Mark Cuban's record of $110k from the NBA championship celebration... and to think that some people actually suggest that the uber-wealthy should maybe share a little more of the tax burden than the rest of us!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
I'm certain he did share more of the tax burden than you..and the rest of us.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
I'm mostly Libertarian, and that comment was about 80% tongue in cheek. One would think they could have a little more class / tact, though.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
At least they're spreading the wealth.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
Do you think they get a $370k tax write off?.... if so, they're genious
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Lets say for sake of debate they got a $370 tax write off. Wouldn't the "Children of Africa" (the Charity they wore doing the aution for) be better served with the $370 in cash and they (the artists) would get the same write off.
OR
They Auction off a Un Damaged Maybach that would clearly be worth more money for the "Children of Africa"

Or option #2 they don't go out and rack up a $250 thousand dollar bar tab one night and give the $250 "Children of Africa"

Both option 1 and 2 seem a bit better and make way more sence to me but hey what do I know???
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
I would think a car collector who is big into hip hop might pay big money for this.

There are tons of music videos that have cost millions of dollars, .I would argue that none of them were "necessary"

Anyways...remember the "Got The Life" video where Korn destroyed that Ferrari? I almost cried
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-17-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucked View Post
I would think a car collector who is big into hip hop might pay big money for this.
Maybe i'm going out on a limb, but that's gotta be a pretty small number of people, especially that have the cash to spend on a "masterpiece" of that magnitude. That thing looked hammered.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lets say for sake of debate they got a $370 tax write off. Wouldn't the "Children of Africa" (the Charity they wore doing the aution for) be better served with the $370 in cash and they (the artists) would get the same write off.
OR
They Auction off a Un Damaged Maybach that would clearly be worth more money for the "Children of Africa"
Or option #2 they don't go out and rack up a $250 thousand dollar bar tab one night and give the $250 "Children of Africa"
Both option 1 and 2 seem a bit better and make way more sence to me but hey what do I know???
Those are far more logical to you and me, but hey ... neither of these guys seem like they're that smart.

I see it as:
Lets make an "Awesome" music video showing off our wealth by destroying this $$$$ car.... then we turn around and look like great guys by "donating it" while we sit back and cut out a LOT of taxes for the year.
... I doubt they give two ****s about Africa -- their two main motivations were:
1. Video being a big seller
2. Looking like "good guys" to the general public
3. Tax break
4. Africa
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-17-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Question: How do these guy's Get their money?????
Answer: From record sales.

Question: How many people Hate Kanye BUT still buy his records and support this type of life style??
Answer: Way more than you think.

These guy's are doing somthing right. They have the Ear and more importantly the Dollars of the STUPID!

"In the land of the blind The One Eyed Man is KING!"

Hell what do I know. I think Basketball & Baseball along with Football players are the MOST over payed people in the world making Millions. Then you have People like Laird Hamilton ( Big Wave rider) making almost Nothing for doing what IMO no NBA NFL or MLB player could ever do?

Laird Hamilton