Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-08-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
We have the older block letters and am thinking about changing them. i do not want to spend a fortune on graphics/wraps but would you please post pics of graphics and wraps that you have?

thank you
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-08-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
Here is my V230. The previous owner took off all the factory graphics, so we added this wrap. It cover the back and has matching numbers. The background color looks like carbon fiber. It cost us around $1200 and it's all custom....worth every dime!

Before:

After:

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-08-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
1200? That's cheap!
I just got into a v215 that has the silver flake flames that id like to change, but they are in the gel coat
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-08-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
what kind of tower is that on the v230?
Old     (Malibumofo)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-08-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
We did the wrap and love it. No water spots to scrub off and easy to clean.
Attached Images

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-09-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
what kind of tower is that on the v230?
It's a Samson tower. The boat originated in Portland and the dealership ordered the boats without towers so they could put Samson (Produced in the Portland area) towers on them. It's a GREAT tower with swivel racks. Much better than the factory towers Sanger puts on.

Jmorlan - Put a wrap over those flames! We didn't cover the whole boat, so it made it a lot more affordable.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-09-2013, 8:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibumofo View Post
We did the wrap and love it. No water spots to scrub off and easy to clean.
DAAAANNNNGGGGG! That is a nice looking boat!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-10-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hey a few things to remember about wraps
They are not very durable So if you can avoid wrapping the gunnels where head where occurs You can avoid unnecessary wear and tear on a wrap If you have a full rock like the Malibu you should have special buoy covers That help protect the wrap Traditional rubber bumpers can rip and tear on the wrap Also the quality of the material used in the wrap might not be evident when the wrap is completed But will hold up better over time. This can be the difference between a $3000 rock and a $5000 wrap
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       09-10-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Where did you guys get the wrap?
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-10-2013, 8:30 PM Reply   
Very true...the wraps must be treated with care. We have several nicks in back from surfboards. We also have a couple nicks on one side from a "boating rookie" holding our boat against the dock. If the boat spends an extended amount of time tied down, take special care.

I had a company in Coeur d' Alene, ID do my boat. Local guy. Unfortunately, I think he might be out of business?
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       09-12-2013, 3:12 PM Reply   
Wraps do require special care even when it comes to covering the boat. I have a ratcheting trailering cover on my X star and found the cover puts diagonal pressure on the bow tip causing the wrap to blister/stretch. No way of avoiding this except NOT to ratchet the strap too tight.

Also, i found the wrap to scratch quite easy, however like gel coat, you can just wax/polish it out.