Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
Go to www.endofropegang.com click on forums and pull up the 06 SA thread.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
its in the boats and stuff forum
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-22-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
we'll why don't you just link us to that.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
Here you go:

http://www.endofropegang.com/cpgnuke/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2756

I think I'll keep my '04 210. The interior layout just isn't that appealing or functional in my opion.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Well because I did not know how!:-)
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
I agree with Tim. That interior layout is ridiculous. Almost like they are trying to put way to much into it and it ceases to be functional...just my 0.02
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-22-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Wow that looks like ass. Way to go Nautique you have failed us all!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
I like it. I'm assuming though that the seating in the center that looks back folds down and out of the way. It doesn't look fixed. I like how they have created more seating that looks back. That's how everyone sits anyway. Who really sits in the back of the boat and faces forward?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
I like it too. The middle seat probably comes out and is an option. With it out of the way, there is legspace and its a great layout for watching.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
The back on the middle seat folds under and then the whole thing is lifted into the spot in front of the motor box as a continuation of the rear seating.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-22-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
most of the seating is configurable and can be changed or removed
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-22-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
More pics here
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3854

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
they have definately made huge strides in comp between MC and malibu.....that tower is insane
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-22-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Not sure if I like the tower or not yet? Maybe it will grow on me?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
That seating arrangement is kindah weird...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-22-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
ive talked to a few people (one of which will be buying either a 220 or a vlx) and the only agreement we have made is that it might be cool if you ride with at most 4 people. if you have more you will have to put all your stuff in your lap because there wont be any room especially if you put that seat in the middle of the floor.

i think the tower is ugly. does it have a drink cooler?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-22-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
ok i just skimmed through the 9 pages of that thread on planetnatique.com and here are a few things...
-it has a hydrogate
-cooler is on the port side where that divider thing is. looks like it holds a whole 12 pack. :/
-removable (?) garbage can on the starboard divider thing behind driver's seat.
-swiveling driver seat.
-clarion head unit w/ aux jacks in glovebox.
-swivel (titan) boardracks (but tower is pre-drilled for flight clips?)
-coast guard approved for 12 people.
-4 cupholders in the bow (it looks like only two people can actually fit up there comfortably?)

but why the (unretractable) ski pole? this is CC's flagship wakeboat isnt it? at least allow it to go down like malibu does or get rid of it like MC did. booo!
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-22-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Some cool new innovations but perhaps the ugliest tower I have ever seen on any boat. I know kinda harsh but just my opinion. Cool middle seat and seating chart though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I liked how the older had the lower section that lined up with the frame of the windshield. Now the lower section looks out of proportion. The top kind of looks like something fell on it.
Old    martini            08-23-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
i'm a die hard nautique guy for years now...i must admit i'm not sure about this model yet???

i like the inovations/new features correct craft has made. but i will need to sit in it in person and see the wake shape before i make my mind up...

i noticed and really like the new lighter deck traction color, i can't tell if it's grey or white form the photo's.But much better than BLACK!

i didn't really like the 226 at first and now i really like it...

(Message edited by martini on August 23, 2005)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
it looks to me like something people will buy because it's the "latest and greatest".

the seating is cool, but those little myan pyramids they put to lean against ultimately take seating away.

the stepped transom is, for lack of a better word, STUPID.

the snap-in carpet is nice and very functional but it just looks cheap. they could have gone with sometype of matching floor mat instead.

not having a retractable ski pylon is simply the most ridiculous thing they could have done. i mean how much could retractable pylons really hurt cc's profit margin??

the rear seating that goes around the engine as opposed to in front was a ridiulous move as well. it's a throwback to run-about boats. you know, the thing that competition board/ski boats try to distance themselves from? and it appears to greatly diminsh the storage in the aft lockers(those looks tiny as well).

the moveable rear seat is a good idea. and that's where it ends. it looks like all of the would-be storage is gone.

all of the exposed fiberglass surrounding the engine bay looks like they were trying to cut corners. it also gives the boat a cold feeling.

and that tower is....special.

there are some really cool things though:

the made use of little area above engine for storage and towel warmer is need be.

that sub enclosure is AWESOME! looks incredible and keeps the sub outta the way.

centered the walkthrough

i like the tower brackets.

observer seat stowage is very large

rear trunk access from port and stbd seats.

swivel board-racks, i know they're not new but they're a nice addition.

i like the clean looks of the bow grab-rails being inside the boat as opposed to on the deck.

Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Are you guys some serious old fuddy duddies or what? That boat looks awesome, how can you say the new layout isn't functional. I haven't seen this boat in person yet, but from the pictures this boat looks light years ahead functionally from most V-drives on the market. I'll bet in 6 months when this boat has made it through the boat show rounds and people see it in person, you will all be raging about how sweet it is.

Jb
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sacraficed A LOT of looks for function.

One of the ugliest interrior layouts i've seen. Seems to be lots of space but I'm not sure how functional the space is? Best original idea in the entire boat is the storage above the engine compartment. Tower seems to sit really forward on the boat, and the top of the tower seems to be extremely wide. Love the audio jacks next to the head unit. The movable back seat is a great idea with poor execution.

When should we expect the wakeworld review?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-23-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
I got to crawl around on an '06 last week when I was at the Wakeshop, not sure of the model. I wasn't a big fan of the tower. It's HUGE! Once you get inside you'll know what I mean. You can hang alot of stuff from it I suppose, but it just seems so...abnormally big.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
I didnt want to say it, but now that its coming out from outher people im going to say that that is deff. one of worst interior layouts ive seen. Both the colours/desgin and the seating arrangment.
Its got some good ideas with the huge storage by the spotters seat, the coler and garbage can. But jeeze work on the seat colours and designs, and i dont know about you guys but someones going to have a speaker sticking them in the back if they sit the wrong way.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
The storage compartment above the engine is not original. The malibu XTi has that.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-25-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Here is a link to some pics that we just got of the interior of the new SAN 220. Kind of sad that there is no longer a SAN 210. I guess we have to call it the AN 210 now. :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=308
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-25-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
yeah, but how's the wake?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-25-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
It's their new "premier" wake boat, so I'm assuming it would be the best wake in their line. We'll see. Only one exists right now, so it might be a while before we get to ride behind one.
Old    martini            08-25-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
thane- exactly!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-25-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
I'm gonna stand by the wake of the AN210 until I get to test the 220. Let me know when you need someone to test it Dave. You say it might be a while...well that's exactly what I got...a while.
Old    martini            08-26-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
opinions are like butt holes...everyone has one!

i'm stoked CC is doing inovative stuff!

but, i really need to ride the wake and drive the thing. spend sometime in it before i go off on it...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
The biggest downer I see is that the interior looks cramped. When I'm out in the boat all day I like to have a place to lay down. The bow of the boats looks like it limits the ability to sit facing the back of the boat/rider with your feet up because of the fiberglass between the seats. Also the mid-section of the boat looks like it will feel cramped with the seatback sticking up on the observers side. I still just don't see anywhere you can lay down and kick it. I'm gonna stick by the AN210. I think they should have re-styled it and stuck with that layout since it worked great.

It just seems strange to me that a company building a core boat for core riders would think of things like the fact that people spend a ton of time on the boat and not all of that time is sitting up watching riders or packing people on board. We spend a fair amount of time anchored with the girls/guys laying out on the sundeck or lounging in the nose of the boat. Personally I think they blew it.