Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-02-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
What happened to the worst wakeboard boat thread. I thought it was actually a good post. Maybe it is down-grading boats, but it could help buyers. So post the P.O.S.'s.
Mine...Toyota Epic. Underpowered, small over-rampy wake, and the wake was about 150' wide at 75' line.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-02-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
The latest Epic bashing originated at:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/172729.html?1086185689

Cheers
Old     (gently27)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
2001 Centurion Elite V-Drive. POS. Tower broke on the weld. Interior fell apart every other day. Bilge pump broke, twice. Ballast pumps broke after two months. Cheaply made boat...hinges etc... HORRIBLE customer service from Cope and McPheteres. After first tower broke, had to threaten to sue to get a new tower....chared for a proflight when I bought it. Proflight wasn't installed. Plus much, much more. NEVER buy a Centurion. Go with the big three....u get what you pay for... Malibu/Mastercraft/Nautique.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-07-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
i got an 01 centurion Elite V-drive and i havent got any issuse listed above... I never had any issuse with my tower, but at the same time never liked proflight. My boat has 425 hours on it and has ran great from the get go.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Jason

I believe I haves asked you this before. It looks like you had problems with the dealer.
Since the tower problem was a dealer and tower manufacturer problem. That leaves you with
3 things hinges, bilge pumps and ballast pumps.
every manufacture even and especially MasterCraft
had huge ballast pump problems around the same time. Several manufacturers got sucked in with bad ballast pumps from jabsco.
So that leaves you with hinges and bilge pumps….. your kidding right!
Since you had a bad experience with your dealer and a tower manufacture. It was
The best thing for you to move on a and get a boat from a dealer that you trust.
However I see no justification for “NEVER buy a Centurion”.
Many people my self included have had excellent service from our dealers and Centurion.

(Message edited by krbaugh on June 07, 2004)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have to second Kevin on this. There is no doubt you had a bad experience with your boat and that really sucks. I wouldn't go as far to say "never buy a Centurion". I read posts all the time with minor issues with the "Big 3". Hinges and bilge pumps are minor issues. Vinyl dicoloring, ballast pumps, and tranmissions,etc. Oh Yeah, not to mention the WEDGE issue. I want get sucked into the BOAT WARS, but It really bums me out when people start bashing on Centurion because I personally have had nothing but unmatched service from them. There is no question my next boat purchase will be a Centurion (Avalanche).
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
any jet boat, trust me the wake behind the sea-doo boats is good for a slalom skier even at boarding speeds.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I agree with Kevin on the Centurion issue. We have an Avalanche and love it. I have nothing but good things to say about Fineline. I also have several friends that have other brands and they have all had minor issues at sometime. The dealer service is almost more important than the boat. Find a new dealer.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-07-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
probably should change the subject to best and worse dealers