Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-12-2014, 5:00 AM Reply   
Last year i tore my hip labrum and after a bad concussion the year previous to that, i think i am gonna hang it up. I dont want to get out of my boat per se but i could use a rh rotation for a better surfing setup as i may just do that from now on until the kids get of age. I have a 03 sante and it could fetch 30ish and am curious what boats are out there that i could trade near straight up for wih a better surf wake and still be good for surfing. My sante is decent for surfing but the wave is small and despite me messing with the weight, i have been in much better boats for surfing. Any thought on what i should look for?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-12-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
Avalanche c4
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-12-2014, 6:09 AM Reply   
$ for $ you can not buy a better surf boat then the centurion Avalanche. Down the road when the kids get bigger you might find yourself upgrading because you want more room but it will not be because you need more wave. You should be able to find one in the 06 - 08 range for what you want to spend just make sure you look for a C4 and not one with a walk through JMTC
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2014, 6:18 AM Reply   
Example:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...e-C4-102147681
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-12-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
the Avy is a good surf boat but I would not like that one bc it has the sideswipe exhaust, super loud Nascar sounding, good in theory as you can direct fumes to the other side but loud as hell !
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-12-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
Seeing how you are in minnesota(according to your profile anyways) it might be tough to find a really great surf boat for that range. The reason is have you guys ever really had an MB, centurion, sanger, tige, supreme, calabria, etc... dealer in your area? You may not have all options available to you as we do out here on the west coast. Are you pretty much stuck looking at Supra, Moomba, Mastercraft, Malibu and nautique? The truth of the matter is none of their boats(that you will be able to find in the 30k range) will be known as traditionally good surf boats. If you are willing to travel to get a boat or be very patient than I think you open up some good possibilities. My list of boats I would really be looking at in the 30-35k(listed price) range would be:

Centurion-Avy, Enzo(might be able to find a really early Enzo 230), Cyclone, Whatever the 23' version of the Avy was called, Elite V C4
Sanger-V215, V230
Calabria-Pro-V
Tige-22V and 24V
MB-B52(22' or 23')
Supreme-V232

As you can see all those boats are west coast boats other than the Tige which used to be a west coast boat if I remember correctly. Out of that list and sticking with a 22' boat or less I would favor the Tige 22V and the Centurion Avalanche.

The other option you could do if you don't have access to these west coast boats is to find something and add a surf system to it yourself. Heck, if you like your SAN, can you add a surf system of some sort to it?
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Option deal - http://www.reachoo.com/ads/206068447
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-12-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Here ya go...

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=42871
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-12-2014, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fence_sence View Post
"The only problem with this boat is.....my wife's boyfriend."

Funny feature... Not a very funny situation.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-13-2014, 12:27 AM Reply   
^^^ It could be a great thing for a buyer.

It looks pretty clean. The seams on the seat bases are starting to let go though. That is a custom graphic on the side. IIRC, it is an old tigeowners.com member's ride originally. Maybe Timmy remembers. Not sure if it is the same guy or not. It was super clean back then. It looks to be just as clean now. Look at the neighborhood. Clean. 400 hours is perfect. If the mechanicals are in order, it's a Duffy setup away from being a super dope surf boat. The interior is the negotiating point.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-13-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Go Tige or Centurion. Whichever you can get a better deal on.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-13-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
I'll sell my 2010 tomcat with 300 something hours fae surfboards wakeboard a two prop upgrade sacs for 37 large.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-13-2014, 4:15 PM Reply   
http://slang.org/FAE-meaning-definition
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2014, 10:05 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of Injuries/health but I think you need to keep playing with the weight in that boat. You'll get it sooner or later. It can really be an awesome surf wake and when you factor in the benefits of fuel efficiency and the wakeboarding wake (even if it'll only be others who reap the wakeboarding benefit) you'll know you can't do much better per dollar-all things considered. It's still by far the best wake/surf wake per dollar out there IMO.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-16-2014, 3:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fence_sence View Post
WOW, I HATE the interior setup on that boat. Where are the side pockets under the gunwales for storage/cup holders?

The observer compartment is a joke too - small entrance plus some little tray area under the observer seat. I've never been on a 24V, so I looked at some more pics - looks like all the storage is tiny on that thing The interior also seems really small for a 24' boat.

Looks to be in okay condition other than all 3 rear seat skins need replaced.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
While you are riding a 210... Think of a trade with a 220.
Your 210 from 03 has a good value, the 220 are of the price bottom. Still a very fine boat for boarding and an excellent boat for surfing.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-16-2014, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
WOW, I HATE the interior setup on that boat. Where are the side pockets under the gunwales for storage/cup holders?

The observer compartment is a joke too - small entrance plus some little tray area under the observer seat. I've never been on a 24V, so I looked at some more pics - looks like all the storage is tiny on that thing The interior also seems really small for a 24' boat.

Looks to be in okay condition other than all 3 rear seat skins need replaced.
While I'll agree that there should be side pockets on every boat, you're mistaken on the rest. That is boat is huge. The rear compartments are massive. Seeing as how it needs some interior work anyways, the side panels can easily be modded to have some pockets for drink holders, speakers & whatnot.