Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Waitingxr145)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-01-2011, 5:55 PM Reply   
Alright guys Im new here. Only been riding a few months and my boards gotten trashed. I started out with a 2010 CWB Faction, didnt realize that I would be heading off to the cable park so much. The board got trashed really quick hitting the sliders and kickers and I dont want to totally ruin the board. Also the fact that last time I rode the board the bindings broke ( Faction also). I can say that CWB is making good on it though. BUT I am trying to find something different to stop screwing up this board. Here is the issues, I want to find a board that will work out well at the cable park but also work well behind a boat. Now my boat riding isnt anything great, just a simple IO boat, nothing speical. My thoughts are that I need to have a "grind base" on this new board but dont want something that is going to flex too much. My ideas are to either go with the 2011 LF LTD Hybrid or the 2012 LF Harley Grind. What do you guys think? Just trying to see what people who have been doing this longer have to say, open to any ideas. I just started doing the harder rails and learned Tantrums and 360s but working hard to get better!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-01-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
More and more hybrids are cropping up. They are designed with the mind set of "do everything board" might try them out.
I think nearly every brand has one or will have one in their 2012 line.
Old     (Waitingxr145)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-02-2011, 5:22 AM Reply   
Thats kinda what I figured, I just wanted to make sure that it would be legit behind the boat also. I need every advantage there is to help me out. Any other boards I should look at? Like I said I'm still new to all of this.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2011, 6:38 AM Reply   
I just picked up a new Henshaw hybrid for the cable that I have been having a blast on it behind the boat. I also really like the details on the ends of the new Shane hybrid; looks like it would help give a little more grip edging with the fins off. But I got a smoking deal on the Henshaw and am not complaining.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
slingshot wake series... bought a 2011 Hooke last year and i only ride boat but it was perfect. It has a little bit of playfulness in terms of flex but not flexible enough to affect my wake riding at all. Also i'm fairly sure that base would hold up extremely well at the park due to the side walls and base.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-02-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
There is a Faction model with a slider base I thought ?
Faction x or something.....
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
i strongly suggest the obrien paradigm the board is extremely strong to hit rails with, but is also an amazing board to shred up on the boat

check it out at obrien.com
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-02-2011, 8:29 PM Reply   
I second the Paradigm. I never rode it at the cable, but it popped nicely behind the boat. Landings on it were super stable. It always tracked straight and true without catching or sliding out. Also, it ollies higher than anything else I've ridden.
Old     (Waitingxr145)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-03-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
Well I took all this into account and picked up a new board today. I got the Harley Grind with the Ronix One boots. Best thing I have ever ridden and cant wait to get out behind the boat. I thought alot about going hybrid but decide not to. I have to say that its really nice and wont change a thing. The Ronix One boots are also sick for anyone who hasnt tried them. They are the only board that I found I could get tight enough to my foot and it supports where I needed it. Thanks everyone.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       10-08-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
i third the paradigm. amazing board. if your lookin for a flex board, but a bit stiffer, check out the O'Brien Baker next year, it's gonna be tight!