Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-24-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
any one riding it? how is it???
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
20 views and not one person has the board! oh my gosh
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
All I know is I won't be riding those bindings anymore....well, once I can walk again. Toooo flexible, which is why they are so comfy, but offer little in the way of protection.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
really....? good to know maybe Ronix will give you a store credit or something! I would complain! Glad you are walking! try the Liquid Force -08 Melissa's they are so supportive! and cheap right now!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'm not walking yet....July 9th I go into a walking boot - counting down the freaking hours at this point!! I haven't sent Ronix any feedback, but I'm sure they would say "YAH, Lady...we do market it as our softest boot!"
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polhamus View Post
any one riding it? how is it???
I ride it! Love it; but my bindings are already coming apart. Have contacted Ronix about them.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9226/gator12.jpg
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
Kim,

I wrote a little blurb on the ronixwake.com "contact us" form about my injury and opinion around the binding I was wearing. I asked for feedback on what kind of boot they would recommend in the future for someone recovering from a serious foot injury.

So, I'm sitting here watching baseball - I know, BORING - when my cell phone rings with a bizarre looking number. It's Herb O'brien, founder of Ronix, calling me from China about my concerns over the FHL bindings.

He seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and showed concern regarding my injury. We talked about what boots I should try out when I am able to ride again among other things, like his favorite soft drink....Coca-Cola, of course!!

Anyway, I am floored that he took the time to call me and that experience will ensure that I will try Ronix products again in the future!

Is that Customer Service, or what??!!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
so what boot does he recommend!? that is soo freakin cool woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-07-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
um... WOW! that's really really awesome! tell us what he said!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2010, 4:28 AM Reply   
He recommended the Cell, Chad Sharpe's boot, as it is the stiffest they make! He said to let him know when I was ready to ride & he would get me in a pair. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm not expecting a free pair of $400 bindings either! We talked about Surf Expo & their 2011 lineup of new gear....he was having a normal conversation & I was still going, "Really - Herb O'Brien is talking to me?!" ;-D

It's not so much that I was STAR STRUCK, although I only rode Hyperlite/Byerly products for years & Herb founded that company as well. However, I was amazed that such a busy person would take the time to call me versus having someone else do it. It speaks to their entire organization, as I didn't write to Herb specifically. Someone had to forward him my information for that to happen.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-08-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Kat, I suffered a bad ankle break in 2007 (tib and fib) requiring surgery. This happened in a pair of 07 Cells, size 11, which is my normal size in shoes. They were a bit big and I rolled my ankle.

The 08 and 09 season, the Cells were retired and I moved into a pair of Zeus bindings. Really liked them, with the exception on the recoil lacing system, which I had to replace several times, which got old.

Back in May of this year, I was wanting the 09 Ones. I could not find them at a price I was wanting to pay, so I went with the 09 Cells. This time, I ordered them in a size 10. They feel good, not too snug, they are stiff and the best part is zero heel lift. I feel the same ankle support I felt in the Zeus's. I have many sets on them and I am really happy with them. I would definitely recommend them. Very cool for H.O. to personally call you. I have various Ronix products (3 boards and two sets of bindings) and with the exception of the sizing on my 07 Cells, I have been more than pleased. A side note on my 07 Cells, is my buddy, who has a larger foot than mine, is rocking them and loves them, and they are still in good shape after 3.5 seasons of riding.

Good luck on your recovery.

**Hijack over**
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Jeremy - not a hijack at all! Thanks for sharing your experience & I'm glad you are back on the water after that ankle injury rocking boots that feel secure/protective!! Thanks!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-30-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Kat,

If you can get into a pair of Cells, I think you'll really enjoy them. I picked up a pair of 09's and at the end of last summer, and they've been the greatest boots I've had the chance to ride. I have very poor ankles to begin with, so extra support is extremely important when it comes to boots. These boots not only offer great support, and excellent boot to foot contact, but enough mobility to tweak and poke your grabs out as well before returning to their "locked and upright position" haha. Everybody who has ridden them from beginners to pretty experienced riders have really enjoyed them. I really think you'll enjoy them if you get into a pair. On a Ronix note, the customer service staff at Ronix has been extremely helpful to me, and are they have definitely locked me in as a customer for years to come. Hats off to Herb as well.

Take care, and hope your foot feels better soon!

-Ben
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hey Ben - thanks! I really appreciate the information and I am glad to hear testimonials regarding the Cells. Based on my experience thus far, I am definitely a Ronix fan. The foot is getting better, but I'm still months away from wakeboarding.

However....I did sneak in a short surf session last weekend (with walking cast on, of course)!?! Only my 2nd time to ever surf behind the boat - can you tell I was happy to get back on the water in any way possible?!? :-D
Attached Images

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-30-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Surfing= Rehab
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
kat YOU GO GIRL!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
that's so awesome you got on the water! you must have been stoked!

I had my first ride in 9 months a couple of weeks ago, so I know how you feel I'm still not allowed to ride properly til September, but it just felt so good being on the water again! I couldn't keep the stupid grin off my face!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2010, 4:58 AM Reply   
Way to go Alice & congrats for the progress you are making to get back out there!!

I guess the pic didn't make it on my attachment, but speaking of stupid grins....
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-02-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
good to see you smile kat . i noticed you have your watch on. what time is it ? surfin time, fun time , get the h@ll off the couch time. thats what time it is. have fun and be safe.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
lol, Robert! That's actually a power balance band on my wrist! I needed all the help I could get to balance that giant walking cast! But, I like your analogy better, as that was EXACTLY what time it was!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
sweet!!! you definitely look very happy. love the grin - I think mine was similar
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-05-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Kat: Congrats on surfing!!!!!!!