Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mmandley)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-08-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing you and Ami again Robert. Claudia spent Saturday making home-made Tamlies for you guys. We will bring them with us Friday when we come down.

We will be there around 3ish i think. I have to meet up with Shane when he brings the Mojo up.

I think me and Claudia are actually staying in Chico at a hotel there. Just make the drive back and forth.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2012, 1:29 AM Reply   
OOOH, Tamales. May you live forever. Going to be fun.

So I think I have 1 or 2 spots for goofy, if you are goofy, and you want to partake, sorry for the late notice, contact me here:

http://wake9.com/community/sendmessa...mailmember&u=1

You will need to do it right away. Dan, don't worry, I got you in. ;-)

Here is the schedule:

Saturday Schedule

8am - Standing breakfast at the dock, coffee and danishes and stuff like that provided by local coffee shop.
9am - Meet, load boats and distribute boards and head out of the marina
10am - Surf Session 1
12pm - Lunch in the middle of the lake
1pm - Load boats and distribute boards
1:30pm - Surf Session 2
3:30pm - Switch and Redistribute
4pm - Surf Session 3
Finish by no later than 6:30pm, head in. (too dark after 6:30)
8pm - EVERYONE to dinner at the Wake9 Hacienda catered by Jim's BBQ.

Sunday Schedule

8am - Standing breakfast at the dock, coffee and danishes and stuff like that provided by local coffee shop.
9am - Meet, load boats and distribute boards and head out of the marina
10am - Surf Session 1
12pm - Lunch in the middle of the lake
1pm - Load boats and distribute boards
1:30pm - Surf Session 2
3:30pm - Free riding, try to demo a board you missed, etc.

Many have asked if they can bring their own board so they can feel the boats with their familiar board. That makes sense, but its going to be crowded, so if you do bring a board, don't put it in a big bag, use a sock or something of that nature. Also, we still need you to try the other boards to give feedback. Please plan on bringing no more than your board in a sock and a small backpack that may contain clothes or whatever you need, but keep it to a minimum. We will make sure each boat has ice and water bottles on board for all.

There are going to be 5-6 riders per boat and with 2 hour sessions you should have 20 minutes or so per rider, and you will ride 5 sessions over the 2 days. In the past, that has been a good time and most get jelly legged. Be prepared to jump right in and surf to maximize your time. Each boat will have one rider designated as the time keeper and foreman to keep things moving. Photographers will be also be in and out of the boats along with the driver. Tight quarters, and as long as everyone has that great wakesurf "chill" attitude, you will make friends for a long time, maybe even life.

We are working on the boat assignments based on your questionnaires now. We group people by size and skill, style, etc to try to also group boards together properly. This is tough to do, so be patient with us. You may not end up with your best bud, but don't worry, you will just have more best buds when you leave. ;-)

Plan on getting good rest on Thursday and Friday night if you can because I am guessing we will be up or a bit on Saturday night under the stars. If Frank is there with me, we may not ever go to bed.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-09-2012, 4:58 AM Reply   
Robert how about bringing a board to throw in the demo line up ?? Tony has a soulcraft 4'8" bamboo soul pop and I have a 5.0 soulcraft squash tail parabolic That we would be happy to put in the line up. That would bring the soulcraft selection up to three.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-09-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
I talked to jeff last night and he asked sue and I to bring a few more boards to demo and they will be for sale. I don't want to bring them home will have some swag to peddle for you soulcraft supporters if that's ok... wish he was done with my pink creation before we head out, but it'll be next week can't wait to see the artwork cheri is going to throw down on it..
I think we'll grab one to bring. he didn't tell me what he had, but I'll bring the one he thinks will be good for the masses...

see ya all friday. can't wait to meet more surfers....
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Contact mitch @ CMS regarding extra boards and stuff, that is his area of responsibility.

One thing, nothing can be bought or sold at the lake or event, that is critical. This is a demo event and a fun time for all, not meant for sales. If you wish to make a board purchase after the event with CMS, that is great.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       10-09-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
Robert,

Do I need to bring a life vest?
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-09-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
roger that robert...

I'll let jeff know that he needs to send them to cms to sell
sure he'll have no issues with that.

I'm a noob to this event so thanks for the clarification..
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-09-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
you getting that prototype setup from Tige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I am missing a couple of questionnaires, I have sent out emails, will call tomorrow. If you have registered, and have not filled out the long form, please email me right away -- robert - at - wake9 - dot - com

We still may have 6 boats, but we have 5 confirmed.

Tige Z3
Supreme V226
Sanger 237
Moomba Mojo 2.5
Pavati AX-V24

This event is so strange that it started out the way it did, just a small thing, and now people want to come just to watch. I am not sure what they are going to watch, none of the surfers are pros or anything, well, Angie is working her way up. ;-) Anyway, its blowing me away. Doing this at Oroville is working out very well, and I think next year we may be able to do something like lodging on the houseboats, we will see.

Can't wait, going to be lots of fun. Don't forget, dinner on Saturday at my house and its REQUIRED darn it! ;-) I am really looking forward to hosting all of you, the food will be great, the stars in our meadow are amazing around the fire.

Those of you on the houseboat can borrow our pontoon to get you to and fro.

I will have the schedule up tomorrow.

Oh, the surprises. I almost got a Malibu with a surf gate, but they may be here next year. That didn't work out. As far as the other surprise I have been working on, I will tell you on Wednesday morning. Imagine getting to test something cool, like surfgate, some new wakesurf tech, before it comes out...
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
Very good point about the life vest. I will email everyone, yes, bring your vest. Let me know if you are traveling and won't have it and your size. Thanks for that question.

@Ben If I was getting it, then it would be too late to get from Abilene for this event. I would have had to of already arranged in advance to have it on my boat for this event.

Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-09-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
I was hoping I solved the surprise mystery....
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
your killin mees Robert! what is this secret your keeping from me!......
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2012, 3:20 AM Reply   
I am sorry Ben, I was, as my son would say, "breaking your balls". ;-)

Here is the info on the device:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...86#post1788786

And yes, it will be there, and I have been planning and trying to get this done for some time it IS the surprise.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-10-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
besides having broken balls, I'm stoked...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-10-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
In response to Polar Bear riders wanting to test the boats with their own personal board
  • Each registered rider can bring 1 personal board board
  • The personal board can be ridden 2 minutes max behind each boat (to make sure more boards are ridden and tested)
  • Only the owner of the personal board can ride it. Boards break, things happen, and we can not be responsible for personal items.

This is going to be a great event. There are so many boards and boats to test and I can't wait.
It will be a lot of fun to see you guys again as well as meet some new people.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
talked to Jeff today, and he doesnt need me to bring my board, so no worries Mitch, I wont be bringing the Soul Craft Bamboo (Soulpop)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-11-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
The Sanger for the event
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
oooh, sexy.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-11-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Headed out in the morning with Tony and his wife cant wait for some in and out burger and some good times with some good people
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-11-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
Flying out of Seattle at 8am and should be surfing by 2:00. Looking forward to a great weekend.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
OK, so here is the FINAL, FINAL boat list. First, I must thank CMS and the Fulfords and Dave from GoldKey Storage who have saved the event for all. There is a reason that wake9 has looked to CMS to partner with for this stuff, they truly want to be a part of promoting this sport and seeing families and regular folks get the same treatment as the pros. My hat is off to them.

That said, the boat list:
  • 2012 Tige Z3 with working Prototype BGB
  • 2013 Pavati Marine AX-V24 aka the Beer Can Boat.
  • 2013 Sanger 237 fresh from the Factory
  • 2012 Supreme V226
  • 2012 Centurion 244

The Moomba will still make an appearance after lunch on Sunday during the free surf but they had a problem with insurance related stuff.

Be there on the Dock at 8am and be ready to surf your brains out, and laugh, and have a great time. I was working out the math, and I think I figured out the secret equation to the polar bear event.

greatAttitude(rider) + best(wakesurfboats) + best(wake surfboards) + beautiful(lake) = FUN

You can't argue with that, its all right there. Can't wait.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
The Centurion Ezno 244 and the Supreme V226 are 2013 models
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-12-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
Good to know, thanks mitch.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-12-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Have fun guys!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-12-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
I am jealous, you guys have a great time!
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-12-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
Welcome to pairodice hitting up the cantina if any is in...
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-12-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
we are here where is the cantina??
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-12-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
On skyway, by pearson...
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-15-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
Ok, trying to be patient, but where are the pics, reviews of the boats & boards, stories of debauchery, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have 10000 pictures to sort through, and 220GB of video. The event was legendary, and I am not really exaggerating. I almost fill like I need to stop and never do another because I don't know how I could ever do better than this year. This is such a crazy event and started so virally with a few fat guys and honorary fat guy slim jim.

There was the people and the boats and boards, all amazing, but what put it over the edge for me was the conditions that I may never be able to duplicate. It was like a once in a decade weekend in October. Here is a picture I took facing south at the top entrance to the largest body in Lake Oroville. For 2 days, it was high 70s to low 80s and FLAT. FLAT all weekend. Other than fisherman, it was just boats coming to check us out, and stayed out of the way.

Can we ever do this again? ;-) I am sure we will just make different memories when it ain't so good. Too many good people.

WAY more pictures and video to come, I promise.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-15-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
What a great weekend! I flew home late last night and it was tough to get up this morning. A couple of us were so tired on day two that we had to motivate each other to take their last set.

I had a great time meeting new people and reconnecting with some others. I shared a houseboat with some great new friends and my partner in crime Squid. I'm not sure I have ever laughed that much for three straight days, there were lots if shenanigans going on in the evenings.

Thanks so much to Wake9,CMS and the boat Manufacturers that participated. Thanks to the Harrington's for setting up the House boat and the hours behind their Beautiful V226 ( that boat is dialed for surfing), Dan A. And his wife for all their hard work and Todd Johnson for being the coolest surfer I have spent time with.

A most special thanks to the Garcia family for everything they have done for the sport. For 3 years they have let me be a part of their events and have given me nothing but great memories, I hope for many more years to come.

I know I will be back for the next.
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-17-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Robert, you mean Oroville isn't that EPIC all the time?! I have never been on a lake that was that smooth at 2PM. There was absolutely no wind. Thanks to ALL the people that made this event so great!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Oroville is GREAT, there is no doubt, I love our local lake. But it was exceptionally amazing this weekend.