Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-13-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade the subwoofer in my 03 SAN, and am going to get one of those seat subwoofer boxes that are floating around out there. My question for all of those in the know is what people's preferences are reagrding installing a high quality 12 or go with two tens. I dont know a whole lot about stereo systems, although some of the ones I have seen on this sight are outrageous. Amp cosideration would be that the 12 would be getting the same power as the 2 10's. I just was at the Sacremento boat show and saw a great setup with two custom boxes with a 12 in each. it sounded crazy load. Thanks for the input-
Old    bigdeal            03-13-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
My vote would be for one quality 12" in a properly sized box, powered by a good qulaity amp. That's the setup I've got in my boat and I'm really happy with it.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-14-2005, 1:19 AM Reply   
(1)12" vs (2)10's

I personally like 10's better for the style of music I listen to. If you listen to rap a lot then go with the 12". I listen to a lot of punk, alternative, rock and a little rap so I decided to go with a 10. I am in the process of putting another 10 in my boat when I get the time. I had a 12 in my boat and again I sway towards the 10. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you put in your boat.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-14-2005, 2:10 AM Reply   
I have 2 10's in the boat under the back seats, along with 4 6.5's and I believe 4 tweeters in the side panels, but still need more speakers to use up the wattage we have. I personally would say 2-3 10" speakers simply because you can get the thump of bass that you need plus you can get more quality sound out of the speakers rather than just a lot of low range bass.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2005, 12:30 AM Reply   
IMO there too much of a gap between 6.5 mids & a 12" to get a nice sounding system. I like 10's better because it gives a flatter response. A 10 & a 12 might be a nice balance, I might try one in my truck to test it out.
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-15-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
Given the choice I'd get two quality 10"s
Or you can do what I did and get two quality 12"s.
and slipknot sounds fine on the 12" not just HipHop