Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-14-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
Hey guyz,

i want to know all of your guys thought about this boat, the wake, the surf wake, the room, good in rough water, any option that is a must or that is pretty nice on that boat to have and if possible send some pictures of youre 23 LSV thank you.

I am looking to buy one really soon if you guys tell me its a god boat.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Its a good boat, but not quite a god boat.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-14-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
hahahahah nice call i think i will not edit that one
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
just got mine about a month ago and the best choice I have mabey ever made! rough water ride is super smooth it turns incredibly smooth and all the new feature for 2008 are ausome pm me if u have any more ?s ohh and by the way the wake is the best thing about it besides how big the main interior is... this is the boat of choice of my two best friends
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-14-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
I sat in one in the showroom a few month sago and all I can say is WOW would love to have one if you have the coin or the credit go for it.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2008, 12:36 AM Reply   
Radikal - I am also looking into this boat. I would like to add a few questions for the Malibu guys on the forum.

Are there any options that are suggested to get? Whats the tow weight and what are you pulling them with? Do you have any problems with backing into steep driveways (with what trailer)?

??
Driver's Seat Heater
Docking Lights (Stainless Steel)
Heater - Three outlet
Heater - Two outlet
Hot water shower
Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system)
Transom Underwater Swim Light
Wedge (Power)
STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) by Hydro Power
GL - Sunbrella cover for Illusion XS tower w/swim
Swim Platform - Fiberglass
Carpet Saver
Pull Up Cleats
Colored XS Tower
Extended Warranty
??
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2008, 4:33 AM Reply   
Seat Heater - Waste
Docking Lights - Waste
Three Heater Outlet - Yes!
Hot Water Shower - 50/50
MLS - YES!!!!!
Underwater Light - Waste
Wedge - YES!!!!
STE - Waste, mainly cosmetic look, and works but not as well as you would think.
GL - ? If you mean bimini than yes.
swim platform fiberglass - yes
carpet saver - definitely yes
pull up cleats - yes
colored tower - cosmetic, optional, more $$$
Extended warranty - not necessary but only u can decide.

Recommend getting the HH over the monsoon, if you add additonal ballast and ride with more than 5-6 ppl.

Would never pull this boat or anything less than a full size truck (suburban, F-150, 2500), etc... due to lack of braking power and power up hills.

Boatmate trailer, no issues.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Just to butt in... Is the underwater light not bright enough to actually light up behind the boat, or do you just think it is frivolous?
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-15-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
I don't think that docking lights are a waste unless you plan to never go out at night
Old     (bladeaustin)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-15-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Underwater lights could be very important, if you have the right sex in the water at night!
I agree with James otherwise.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       05-15-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
Radikal-
If you live in cold weather or ride late in the season take all the heater options. the mls is a must it something thst you can add so get it now. carpet saver definatly a must you will be glad you have it. pop up cleats are standerd. lights all i can say is i have them i like them but if i needed to save money they would have gone. the under water lights are cool if your out at night and yes they work. ill add a pick i have but its a bad pic. they light up alot more than shown.ste you will be glad you have un less your a motor head and have to hear the boat. personaly after 8-10 hours on the lake i want it quiet. If you have any other ?`s feel fre to ask.Upload
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-15-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Driver's Seat Heater (Only if you need it)
Docking Lights (Stainless Steel) (Looks cool!)
Heater - Three outlet (Only if you need it)
Heater - Two outlet (Get above if you get heater)
Hot water shower (Waste)
Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system) YES!!!
Transom Underwater Swim Light (Yes, great for surfing at night)
Wedge (Power) YES
STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) by Hydro Power (Monsoon-No, HH - YES, unless you like the noise)
GL - Sunbrella cover for Illusion XS tower w/swim (If storing outside not under a cover)
Swim Platform - Fiberglass (Preference)
Carpet Saver (Never used one)
Pull Up Cleats (Are they not standard?)
Colored XS Tower (FYI... My understanding is the dealer has to install)
Extended Warranty (Depends on how long your keeping it)
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-15-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Awesome boat. Great wake and turns on a dime.

Driver's Seat Heater (waste)
Docking Lights (Stainless Steel) (Looks cool!)
Heater - Three outlet (If you need a heater ge t the three outlet)
Heater - Two outlet (waste)
Hot water shower (50/50 we have had 4 malibus and always seem to get one)
Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system) YES!!!
Transom Underwater Swim Light (looks cool. I wuld get if your on the water chilling at night otherwise waste)
Wedge (Power) YES
STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) (I think they are quieter and we don't notice as much exhaust smell) Hammerhead 383 - Hell YES
GL - Sunbrella cover for Illusion XS tower w/swim (If storing outside not under a cover)
Swim Platform - Fiberglass (Preference)
Carpet Saver (Never used one)
Pull Up Cleats (Are they not standard?)
Colored XS Tower (FYI... My understanding is the dealer has to install)
Extended Warranty (Depends on how long your keeping it)
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input. Great information. Keep it coming!!!!!

Would you guys and gals agree that the resale value of the 08 LSV is going to be better than a 08 VLX since the VLX is going to be redone next year?

Any California owners? Where did you buy and any + or - about the dealer?
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-15-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Hope not! I've got an 08 VLX. Maybe people won't like the new VLX.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-15-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
I'm in CA. I've bought all of my boats from Kenny at UWS in Rancho Cordova. He was always pretty cool with me and willing to work a deal.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-15-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Sorry to hijack-- but can you add Silent Tips after the fact? I have an 06 HH.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-15-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
yeah....you can add them after the fact...order them from here...

http://www.bakesonline.com/

I have 20 hours on my new LSV....it's been awesome so far. This will be the first weekend that we really load it down a LOT....I'll post an update afterwards...

here she is....she's a big girl!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-15-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
That is a beautiful BU!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-15-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
hummm roughly 600 bucks for the silent exhaust its expensive. More pics of LSV if you guys can could be nice and Wake pics could be nice also
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-15-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
that's definitely an option you can negotiate on...I did...
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Mark - Great looking boat. Is that a dorsey trailer? How does the Tundra do pulling her up the ramp.. ever need to put it in 4wd?
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-15-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
It's a Magnum trailer and they're made here in Austin....which is nice for trailer warranty/service issues. I think it tows better than the Extreme trailer...at least for my truck. Yes...I know I'm pushing it with my truck, but it tows better than I thought it would actually. Yes...I put it into 4x4 on steep/wet ramps, but it isn't always necessary.

other details about my boat...
-Hammerhead
-Silent Tip Exhuast(yes...makes a difference with HH)
-docking lights
-transom LED lights
-power wedge
-quad MLS
-XS tower with 2 Titan Spinner low riders and 2 lift off low riders.

thanks for the compliments! looks better in person...

(Message edited by fletch_tx on May 15, 2008)
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Time to share the pictures that I have found of the 08 LSV. Most of these will be familiar since the have come off WW.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-15-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
hahah....I have a huge collection of Malibu pics from all my research as well...some of those same pics :-) I agonized over the decisions for months!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-15-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Fletch, nice new boat...still liked your old one better though....you can try to change my mind if you want
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-16-2008, 12:18 AM Reply   
thanks brutha....let's get out next week! I think you'll like it, but yeah...I miss the 210. It's in good hands though and I can ride behind it anytime I want.... :-)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-16-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Mark you prefer more youre old CC ??? and if yes can you explain me why please ?
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-16-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
ohhh hell no....I love the new LSV. I'm just fond of my old 05 210 cause it really was a sweet rig with a lot of great memories to go with it.

what do I like about the new Bu....?

#1 longer landing zones with a wider wake. I can take moves bigger, farther and more floaty and still go wake to wake instead of landing in the flats all the time, but I DO love tricks out into the flats :-)
#2 NOT weight sensitive...people can move around the boat a LOT more and it doesn't mess up the wake!
#3 SOOOOOO much room....ohh my god! it's like a caddy! takes the big chop like it's nothin!
#4 the wake isn't as vert as the 210. While I enjoy the 210 wake...it creates a trough that can be a bit hard on the body....you have to be more accurate with that wake...and I was tired of seeing people get hurt on it because we ran it VERY heavy all the time.
#5 makes a SWEEEEET surf wake on BOTH sides. The 210 could only make a good surf wake on one side really well w/o a lot of effort.
#6 last but not least...this boat handles freakin' awesome! it turns flat....doesn't get up on it's side like the 210 and some other boats....doesn't matter how much weight is in it. I can actually make a MUCH tighter turn in my LSV than my 210...which is great for us because we only run on rivers.

I'll also add that I was very pleasantly surprised that I can get a really good wake on the LSV w/o putting a TON of weight into it. This means I can take some of my noob friends out...use the wedge to adjust the wake for them...and then tune it for me and other more advanced riders on the boat when it's our turn. I was afraid that I would have to run a grand in pop bags, 750's in the rear and another bag in the nose before I would be happy...not the case! That said....I do plan on plumbing in extra bags for big boy days and for surfing :-)

-mark

(Message edited by fletch_tx on May 16, 2008)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-16-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
really nice review Mark that helps a lot, do you have picture of you wake ?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-16-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone, all this information is really helping me out as well... I had couple things to run by you guys... I went to a local dealer and they have a 2007 LSV left over... I loaded to the max..heaters lights, 6 speaker stereo with amp ( i'd add the sub... As far as ballast goes, it only have the Wedge(power) and 500-600 hard tank in the center of the boat, nothing else... how is the wake on this boat? Can i surf behind it?

Thanks...
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-16-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'll try to remember to take some wake pics this weekend....

one thing that's really nice about not having a side to side sensitive boat is that when you're edging in really hard...the wake doesn't wash on the other side...you have a nice clean long landing ramp instead of a washed out flat area...and you don't have to wait for the wake to clean up on your next approach....
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-17-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
more of the black/reuben one above.

goes in for window tint and stereo work this weekUpload
Upload
Old     (surfsup)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-18-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Boat Country in Escalon is the only Sac/NorCal area 'Bu dealer that knows how to take care of their customers. Cope/Ultimate will gladly take your money and then forget they ever knew you.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-18-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
seabass - Make sure to take some progress pics and completed pics for us. Great looking boat. How does it feel to be and celeb on Itunes?

Surfs Up - Who is a good contact at Boat Country?
Old     (surfsup)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-18-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Brent in sales, great guy, has been there a long time or Randy, the owner
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Secound on Brent.... I'm working with him now.. Great Guy!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-18-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
haha...
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-18-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
seabass - What made you decide to go for the walk over rear swim deck? Do you find that everyone knows to use it instead of walking on the vinyl? It looks like you went down the Extreme trailer option list and checked almost everything! Looks better every time I look at it. Just need some 20s to match the H2 and Black Hollow Points with Ruben Grills.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
I'll second the haha..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Kyle, that boat is beautiful.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-18-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Ben- Seabass is one of the soulless bastards that works for Copes/Ultimate. That boat actually belongs to a customer of his that he worked with at length to find the right colors and gel coat pattern, and then the right interior color scheme, and then make sure that he gets the right trailer for, and then keep in close contact with Titan because since this boat was one of the first '08 LSV's that rolled out of the factory, it's got a new tower and needs a new style of rack. So he had to make sure that was taken care of. And now the tower is shaped differently, so it needs a new bimini. So Seabass had to hit up TowerBiminis and work with them so they could not only pattern a whole new bimini, but also a custom matched bimini to match the boat's color scheme. But yeah, in the end Kyle was totally stoked to just take the customer's money and tell him to eff off...just like he was happy to do after each of the previous two Malibu's that he's sold to this same customer. What a jackass...

And those rims aren't his, either. They belong to a different customer of his. And like the first customer, he did almost no work with this dude, either! Just a custom ordered boat for some super picky customers. And then a custom ordered bimini, custom board racks, custom trailer, custom LED's all the way around, and a nice system in it. There's probably a few more customized things, but you get the idea.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-18-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
And about the walk over transom pad, it works great. The big benefit of it over what other people are doing (like the X-45) is that it's flush with the vinyl so you don't have to worry about exactly where you sit or put things down. But from there I'm sure it's a gigantic clusterfvck, because I'm sure Seabass never explains the finer details of it when he's talking boats since he's only interested in taking customers' money. But really, how hard could it be to figure out?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Any other feedback on the boat or options? Boat Country or Ultimate Rancho?
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-20-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
scott....you forgot about removing all of the stock Malibu billet emblems and having all brand new custom billet machined with his own logos, and all of the custom pin striping that was painted on that bad boy, and the trailer now that I think about it.

it's too bad he's already thinking about a new boat. I was just getting fresh out of ideas for him. Now, we have to start all over on his 09'. He wouldn't stop talking about it at dinner the other night.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-20-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
thanks Brett.....

I like to think I did alright ordering it. He's bought so many boats through me over the years, that he just tells me the colors, and lets me go to town on iSpec. He didn't know what he was getting until the boat came in this time around. Was out of the country for the whole ordering and build process. Kinda cool to be able to do that kind of thing, really.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-20-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
I'll upload some surf pics from my boat this weekend as soon as I get them back from a buddy of mine....it was the best wave I've surfed! :-) I was sooo stoked!