Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (evansw6)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I’m headed over to the Columbia River to stay at Sunland for Memorial Day weekend and I was just curious if anyone knows what the water level will be or what the water temp is? Sunland is right north of Vantage and south of Crescent Bar if you’re not familiar. Know of any websites that post this kind of info? I’d like to get my first run behind my Supra, but I’m guessing it’s just going to be used for the booze cruises to the sand dunes. (Not a fan of wet suits.)

Anyone else headed over there?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-16-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
there might be something here at this link that might answer your question

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/WA/nwis/current/?type=flow
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
yah you need a wet or dry suit in may on columbia, but are you kidding me that you wont ride because of water temp? it will be flat in the mornings until about noon when the wind comes up.
Old     (rooter)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-16-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Was out there last weekend in Crescent Bar and headed down river to the 'sand dunes' near Sunlands. Water level was very high but quite cold...would say in the 50's. But it warms up quickly and the weather has been in the 80's lately.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-16-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
This is the best site I have found for water temps in the Columbia

http://www.cbr.washington.edu/dart/hgas_com.html

Sometimes you have to go back a week or just a few days to get temperatures. The closest one with a temp will be Rock Island Tailwater or Wanapum Forebay.

You will have to convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit and this site helps

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/temperature
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-16-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Wait a second there guys, we have been ridin' the Columbia (Tri-Cities) for about three weeks in trunks and a top. Hell, that's what the girls are wearin' too. Water has been almost 60 this past week. We are gonna be at Crescent Bar for Memorial Day weekend and plan to do some ridin'. However, we do have a guy in our crew who still uses his drysuit.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-16-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
monroeyd
I will be hitting the river this weekend. So you don't think I will need a wetsuit?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-16-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
Doesn't matter how cold the water is just all depends on how much anti-freeze you have in ya
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
so true, I got some shrinkage in July last year!
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Is there anyone that is going to be headed up to Banks Lake for Memorial Day. It's going to be my first trip up there and I was just curious about the water temp. I have a wetsuit but the girlfriend doesn't and she's going to want to get in.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Monroe,
We should be at Crescent Bar on Memorial as well.
If you are riding without a wetsuit aready, you are freakin nuts!
You guys ever get up to Lyons? We have been heading up there...NO boats even on big weekends.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Jason -
Monroe is a little nutts, I'd stick with your wetsuit.

Kirk,
See you at Crescent. Are you talking about Lyons Fairy? It's been years since I was up there, I launched at Levy and drove up there, though the dam. Nice water unless the wind kicks up.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Hey Krik, do you still have that picture of that boat sitting high-and-dry on the beach up at Crescent Bar?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-17-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
Patrick
Great place Banks lake, was up there last summer for a week.

Upload
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
It's colder up the river - VERY cold at Cresent Bar, because the water gets turned over quite a bit with two dams not too far above it. Still, i'd take that with a dry suit any day over where I am today... I miss Seattle...
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Craig,
If he's riding in this water with no wet suit "little nuts" is probably right on ...
I have those pictures at home, but they are archived here somewhere...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Don't worry guys, there will be plenty of pics of boats left high and dry over Memorial. It happens every year.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
We were there the last 2 weeks, water is warming up. You can get by with a wetsuit, or just a top and trunks. Check out the sunland link, it will give you the river depth needed for launching plus the DOT pics.

http://www.sunlandestates.com/images/