Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    ccarter            10-17-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have a old malibu skier and looking to purchase a new boat for 07. I am always on big lakes in norcal (shasta, oroville, berryessa, tahoe) and I am tired of getting beat up in the chop.

The sanger DXII and DLX might be a solution because of the deeper v hull that you cannot find on other direct drives. I am really just out on the water for fun...

Anyone have any pics of the wakeboard and ski wakes? Thanks
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
If you are on big lakes I would only consider the D215 due to freeboard issues.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
The Sanger maybe the only DD you'll find that'll handle rough water. Light years beyond an old Malibu Skier
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-17-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Sanger V215 is a nice boat too. If you aren't really big into boarding, just don't get the rear ballast.

Way more storage than a Direct Drive.
Old     (wakeboarderdown)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2006, 11:52 PM Reply   
I did alot of research and ended up picking up a sanger 95 DLX20. It has the same hull as the V210 and with some weight makes a great wake. I took it out for the first time on sunday at Anderson and what a difference compared to my '88 ski supreme. Soooo solid through the chop. I was looking at 99-01 V210's but they were a little small for my tastes, plus the price was usually around 22k and higher. A pic of the boat is in my profile if you want to check it out.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-18-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
I have a 96 DLX and love it. I went through some pics but I do not have a good wake pic. We frequent the same big lakes as you listed, and the boat does well in chop. In my opinion, Tahoe chop is a bit big for our boat when the afternoon winds blow. No issues on the other nor cal lakes.

As for the wake, it works great for us. As the kids are getting bigger we are starting to add some weight, and that makes a big difference. I think it has a real nice shape to it, and it's plenty big for us.

For skiing, the hard core friends we have with 19-6 closed bow boats, won't ski behind our boat because the wake is too big, but these are folks that run the course. Other friends that ski and have wake boats can't wait to ski behind our boat.

Don't know if that helps or not....
Old    ccarter            10-18-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for all the great info.
Old    sanger215            10-18-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Wow, you guys seem to be experts on sangers. I have an opportunity to buy a 94 DXII closed bow. I am looking for an all around boat for skiing, boarding, and what ever. Do you guys know what the difference in the hull design between the closed bow and the open bow? Do they ride any different? Thanks
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Actually Ben the DLX and V210 are close but not exactly the same. The DLX has a draft of 24" while the V210 is 26". Sargon, all the Ski Sanger hulls, DXII through V230, are based off of the DXII hull just stretched, widended and deepened. 94 DXII is what I had before my current boat, an 06 V210. The DXII is a great all around boat and will have the same solid ride as the others. It will throw a nice wake with around 1200 lbs placed right give or take. Be aware when weighted as Sangers do sit a little lower than most. You will be working to find extra room in the DXII though. I also had an 88 Sanger before the 94 so I'm on my third and the've been very good to me.
Old     (myflyby)      Join Date: May 2006       10-25-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
It's nice to see some DLX's out there. I also have a 95. Ben I like that red. I'm from the Bay Area also, but right now I'm stuck in Fresno. There are a bunch of lakes around, which makes it easier to deal with the 115 degree July's. I really like this boat. I have two 260lb bags in the rear and in the center ice chest area, and two 350lb bags on either side of the engine, and we have no problem getting almost a knee high tall wake with only 2 people in the boat.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
One of my good buddies had a DXII. If you sac em right they have a good wake. In his we would take out the lower part of the back seat(it just slides out) put a 1200lbs fat seat(only filled to about 850 to 900), and two 350 under the bow, with 3 of us it was sick! But be very very careful. She will sit LOW in the water. I remember 2 or 3 times that ppl came up to us and said "HEY YOUR BOAT IS TAKING ON WATER!!!! DID YOU REMEMBER THE PLUG!!!" We just said yes and thank you!
Old     (wakeboarderdown)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Sparky - Before I bought my boat I called up Sanger and verified that the hull was the "same" as the 210. The guy said yes but I'm sure that it's not exactly the same :-)

stevo - Thanks for comps! It's a double edge sword livin out there because I would wakeboard all the time but my work and family are here in the bay, oh well just wait till next summer :-) Thanks for the weight setup on your boat, do you have any pics of the wake weighted down?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-27-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Yeah, not the same. You can see the specs on the website. Two inches of draft isn't a huge difference, but still not the same. All the hulls are based off the same basic shape though.