Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (kjl_in_sac)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-01-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
I'm heading to Sydney on Monday and then going up to Coolangatta. Anyone have any suggestions for riding over there. I would love to check out some spots and get some pulls in if possible. Thanks.
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       11-01-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
I was in sydney for 3 weeks and only surfed. Be sure to get a tour of Kings Cross on a fri or sat night, otherwise Manly beach is pretty chill.

I got a pull on an inlet in 03. Down in wollongong. South of the city shark nets. Kinda freeky if you havnt been exposed to the ocean or brackish water. Bull sharks = no good.

I fell and the spotter was watching something else, left me about a 1/4 mile back. i felt like bait in dark water.

I lived in perth for a bit and they had a man made lake ski competition type setup. not sure about the syd scene though as I didnt spend much time there. Should be able to find a Moomba to drag you around the sydney waterways.

Upload
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-01-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
I found a pull in Brisbane by posting on this site...

wake.com.au

Great bunch of guys down there. You should be able to find someone to pull you. I was lucky enough to ride with a bunch behind a 220. But there are many that will ride behind just about anything. So don't be picky...
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-01-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
if you're willing to pay for a school type situation, then this is just north of sydney:
http://www.blackdiamondwakeboarding.com.au/about.html
there's also a mobile version of the same school that runs near coolangatta - on the tweed river. contact details are all on that site.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-04-2007, 1:09 AM Reply   
best bet hitting up www.wake.com.au just dont post up any lame jokes through like puckhead
Old     (kjl_in_sac)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-05-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-12-2007, 4:55 AM Reply   
Dave!!! Have you been riding a lot lately? We're still riding here in Austin. You need to come for a visit...