Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
i keep hearing rumors mainly on forums and stuff that the 7D should be getting alot cheaper sometime soon does anyone know if that's actually true? and if so why?
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-03-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Same reason TV's get cheaper, probably. Technology advances. Maybe the new 7D's have better sensors/internals, making the older model 7D's cheaper. Or it could just be that its getting moved down a notch in their line of cameras, if they're coming out with another high-end camera. All just my opinion, but I'd assume its just because newer models could be coming out soon.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-03-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
Ive seen a lot of rebates around $250 off at a lot of store especially since the release of the 60D. Not sure if they are releasing another camera again but it probably has to do in a possible decrease in sales of the 7D since they are making much cheaper cameras that are similar. I personally know people now buying the 60D over the 7D.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-03-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
I shot a wedding with a 7D and loved it. Great camera IMHO.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-03-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
My friend preordered the 60D then cancelled the preorder once she found out that Canon stripped a few of the features off of it that were on the 40D/50D. She got a 7D instead and she's very happy with it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-03-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
Also, the rebates might be to stir interest in the Canon products among the early holiday shoppers. Someone that miiiiight be in the market for a camera right now would probably be a LOT more likely to buy a new setup if it's $250 cheaper.

If the 7D was due for replacement I think we would have heard some rumors by now, no? No idea either way. Canon seems to update the 30D/40D/50D line every year, but they waited 4 years to replace the 5D with the 5DII. So who knows when the 7D will be replaced.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-05-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
I heard they are coming out with a 5D Mark lll so that may have something to do with it
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
The 5D Mark II is so good I just wonder what the 5D Mark III will have? I can see a bunch of video upgrades I don't care about. I would be interested in seeing an AF system similar to the 7D since I have always thought the AF on the 5D2 is a bit weak...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
I hope so.... I have started to get a little itchy about the possibility of getting a new body.... I would like something that allows me to shoot at higher iso @ the rinks....and have been looking at the 7D.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       12-15-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
High ISO on the 5D2 isn't near as good as the 1D4 IMO. I haven't used the 7D yet. I used the 5D this weekend to shoot my kid's piano recital and had to go up to ISO1600 which was disappointing on close examination whereas my 1D4 is very good at 3200 and completely usable up to 12,800 with a little noise reduction.