Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hey there...heading up to Tulloch tomorrow for a week and just curious what the water temp. is like?

Thanks,
Sangeria
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Was just there on 2/2. The temp guage on my perfect pass read 73 degrees on the river past the bridge. I have never calibrated my temp guage however
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-06-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
you dont need a wet suit just trunk it!!! Its nice and warm, head up the mornings and the evenings thats when its the best for boarding. Have Fun God bless!!
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I was just there from the 2nd-5th and we had early morning and late evening sessions, was just a bit cold when you got in but no problem at all. Sangeria where you staying at up there?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Dude tulloch is too crowded. You should really roll somewhere else. And if you see some bling bling boat be sure to spray them with that cold tulloch water. BCP MIke
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
I dunno, if you know where to go you can get good water at pretty much anytime. It's not hard to figure out where to go to find it if you have been there a few times. But even at that spot it can be a bit too crowded at times. All in all though, if you are staying there for that long, the water isn't an issue since you get butter early and in the evening, thats at least 2 sets and yuo can get in another throughuot the day. Then just chill out and party the rest of the time.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
BK -

Rented a house in the cove on the other side from where the campground/marina is at south shore...found it on craigslist. I've been up there a bunch of times and tend to agree with those that say it's too small...but with 4 kids under age 7 having a house on the water is key. There just aren't that many places to go around here unless you drive the 4 hours to Almanor (windy) or rent a houseboat on Shasta (not with the 2 year old twins, thx). So, it's to Tulloch we go for morning glass, afternoon tubing runs and evening glass when we can find it. Yes...I said afternoon tubing runs...don't flame me!

Sangeria
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
Just dont go tubing in the coves or beyond the large five mile an hour zone with all of the houses. The locals don't like that and will ge really pissed. How do I know? Because I am one of the locals that will get really pissed. Have fun but please don't tube in that back area. BCP MIKE
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-07-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Mike...I'll keep it to the open water and out by the dam. Hard to find good water to board on some days with all the 5 MPH zones on that lake now. Hope to see you out on the water...we'll be in an older Sanger V210 (see profile pic) with lots of kids! I'll be the fat guy with the Chico State hat in the drivers seat, on a Premier 140, or on a tube with my kids (not in a cove or by your house)! :-)
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
No No No... Mike loves riding in the chop! Everyone tear up his water, he wont get mad!!! Hahaha, just playin Mike.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Clay - hey when are we gonna see some pics of the new Whip????
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Sangeria- You ride a good board I love the premier 140. We will be on sunday behind a red x-2 but riding only before 8. Have fun at tulloch sounds like u are going for th right reasons. If u are going for hard core riding it is the wrong lake. For some family fun you are alright.
Clay- shouldn't you be workin on somebodies boat right now. Didn't you take enough time off partying this last weekend. O yeah and JORGE says stay the hell away from him when you are drunk!!!! Later, Mike
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-07-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
HAHAHa, that night was hella fun, but i really dont remeber it
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
I went out the next day with grant and robert. Robert was like did Travis ever show up at the house last night. Everyone was freakin wasted. It was a good time. We got to hook up next time you are up there. I will let you know when I will be there for the week in September. BCP Mike