Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-01-2008, 4:43 AM Reply   
this will hurt when this guy lands? :-) I know it's off topic but it tickled me so much. 20+ mph and almost wake-to-wake on a boogey board. :-) I think that ALMOST is the operative word in determining the rating of 1 to 10. My guess is a gut thumping 9.

Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2008, 5:13 AM Reply   
LOL. Best is his 'O' Face and that's not one of pleasure

Solid 8

No higher since we didn't get the landing pics. Good stuff. Reminds me of when we pulled my mean uncle at about 40mph on skis on Lake Erie--no butter that day.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
thats funny ive actually jumped 3/4 of the wake on a boogie board, we kinda invented boogie boarding behind the boat, it was so much fun when i was young im too big now tho. we had custom morey boards with our own custom work done on them so they could be hooked up to a rope and not pull the bolt through. Ive never seen anyone do it like we did so i figured we invented it. We would jump over eachother and we would all fight for the 2 outside stops because the people in the middle would get sprayed from both sides. I think at one point we had 7 boogie borders behind out donzi in lake chelan, great fun.
Old    surfdad            07-01-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Holy crap! "We would jump over eachother " over the lip? So one kid would get the "jumpee" duty and hang close to the wake? The others would charge the wake and (occassionally) fly over him? :-)

Hey it's Johnny's turn to be the jumpee! :-)
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
hahahaha kind of, well we would actually land on top of them most of th time, but sometimes we would make it over them lol.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
It all depends on how many beers he's had.