Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-05-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
I think it depends on who makes it, if it's Disney, uh, NO! If it is more like that one movie motocross then yes, but I wouldn't want a movie that shows some guy riding a wal-mart board doing surface tricks on the pro circut. what do you guys think? what would the plot be?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-05-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
I think they should make a movie like the old school bmx movie RAD! That would be cool. And if youre to young and don't know about that movie then look it up!
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-05-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I'd start the movie with a bunch of wakeboarders, in jail, doing chain-gang detail. They get busted out by a chicken delivering chicken, driving a caddy......
Old    murrayair            12-05-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Dude- lmao!!! Good one!
Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-05-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
In the movie Deja Vu with denzel there is a wakeboarder riding in the background in one of the shots.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-05-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
I think that Dave might be referring to the movie that may or may not be being made. It is like a Blue Crush but with wakeboarding. It was quite an experience watching how it all gets put together but it was interesting to say the least. It will be exciting to see the end results after all the editing.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
dude was referring to a classic wakeboard dvd, 12 honkeys.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-05-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Joe its classic enough to be on VHS!!!!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-05-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
whats VHS? lol.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-05-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
RAD is the best thing from the 80s
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
I third the Rad comment. Crue Jones Baby!!! HELLTRACK!!!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-05-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
RAD was so badass. Now back to the poll question, has anyone seen that show thats on FX or something like that called Falcon Beach? I caught a few episodes (all horrible) but it focused around this guy who was an up and coming pro wakeboarder. I had to sit in anguish through both episodes I watched just waiting to see the scene where he actually rides. It was basically this guy carving it up and making way too many fist pumps to the guys on the boat. And every time he talked about wakeboarding, he would say he was "training" instead of just saying he was going riding. I don't even know if its still on anymore but it was pretty weak from what I saw. Best way I can describe it is The OC meets The Bold and the Beautiful mixed with a little The Life of Ryan.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
Danny harf should get hit in the face with a shovel