Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-28-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
our family has narrowed our search down to a supra sunsport 24v or a malibu 23lsv,which is better?
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-28-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
I know I might get flamed for this, but that Malibu will drive circles around the Supra 24.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-28-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
I know I might get flamed for this, but that Supra will drive circles around the Malibu 23 LSV.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-28-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
I know I might get flamed for this, but the Nautique 236 will drive circles around both the malibu 23 LSV and Supra 24v.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-28-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   

nice, indeed.
Old    kvanderg            10-28-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Better for what?
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-28-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
that was off topic but funny as all getout!also nautique is out of the question.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-28-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Colby, dont know if you saw the other thread, but some guy was asking about malibu and mastercraft and then Red tells him to get a nautique.

Your name is 'wakesetter23lsv', do you already own a lsv?

What are you going to be using the boat for? Partying, wakeboarding, or all around family boat?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-29-2006, 4:30 AM Reply   
That's a hard choice both are good boats. Really it just comes down to the better deal in my opinion. I've had both and can't really say one's better. The Malibu has a bigger wake between those boats. Now if you get into the 22 Launch thats a sweet wake. Hard choice.... Good luck.
Old    kvanderg            10-29-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
Duffy I have owned a 2005 Launch 22SSVGG and currently own a 2005 23LSV.

With just factory ballast... the LSV has what looks and feels like "double the wake" of the launch with comfortable room for 8 people AND all their gear. The Launch has comfortable room for 5 with barely enough room for someone to bring along a piece of toast.

I have been there and done that... get the LSV.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-29-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Kevin,

You may want to check out the new 2007 22SSV. This boat will want to make ANYBODY trade in for it!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-29-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
malibu..
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-29-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
leo i got my name from originaly wanting an lsv and we will use the boat for mostly wakeboarding but we also want somewhat of a family boat.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
Colby,
We all know you want a Malibu. Please quit posting until you actually have something useful to say.
Old    kvanderg            10-29-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Jon,

I am not trying to be one of those guys... but I managed to water test a 2007 SSV and thought it was OK; however, next to my 23LSV it just didn't cut it looks wise, wake wise and storage wise. Supra tried to do too much in too little of an interior space with the 2007 SSV. It would be nice if they offered it in a traditional lounge set up. With that said... maybe they do... I dont claim to be all knowing and all seeing.

At least I am willing to consider that there is a better boat than the 23LSV
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-29-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
i do have something useful to say beleave me my parents are stuck on supras. i like them alot too. but i still like malibus and i can't pick. i am just trying to get some help on this.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-29-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
kevin you read my mind.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
I've got a '06 22SSV. I really like it, but storage is a bit tight when you fill all the ballasts up. The two boats do have different shaped wakes, its up to you what you like better but it's an exaggeration when someone says an LSV with no ballasts has a better wake than an SSV with ballast full. ridden behind both, great boats. No matter what your parents choose, you'll get a great boat. The 24v sunsport is no exception either, great boat.

You're lucky that your options are either a Supra or a Malibu.
Old    kvanderg            10-29-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Andrew,

My post must not read right... what I said/meant was a 2005 23LSV with full factory ballast & wedge down outperforms in every way a 2005 22SSV with full factory ballast and wake plate in whatever postion you want.

I'm sorry... I owned both boats and put about 100 wakeboarding only hours on each... and these were my findings. It was not a matter of preference either... both wakes are rampy type wakes. The 23LSV just has a bigger wake, looks better, has more room and WAY more storage.

Thats why I took a bath, $$$ wise, on the Supra and switched to the Malibu.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
My bad, I read that just as I woke up.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-30-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Colby - Have you driven & ridden behind both boats yet???
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-30-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
The storage in the 22SSV sucks, especially when compared to the 23 LSV. But I thoguth colby was looking at the 24SSV. Thsi boat's storage is alot better. I prefer the rampiness of the malibu wake over the supra.

Kevin, your commment about both being rampy, I have to disagree, I own an SSV and alternate riding behind a 23LSV, and the wakes are nite and day different.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-30-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
The thing about a Malibu is you have the ability to make any wake you want. In my crew some guy's like rampy, so wedge up more weight in front. Others like me like a lippy wake, wedge down and less weight in front.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-30-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I couldnt agree with duffy more. Ive had my 23 for two years and now every rider in the crew knows what they like. its a pretty versatile wake when it comes to shape. plus theres no end to size, 14 people and full ballast has the same clean shape as 2 people full ballast its just twice the size.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-30-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
Duffy/David,

I think the same could be said about the supra (moving weight and adjusting the trim). One could argue you can do this with any boat to some extent.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-30-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
Adam I realize what your saying but with the wedge and the flip of a switch its the most universal boat out there as far as quick wake adjustment. My first boat was a Moomba outback so I know all so much about moving sacs. The wedge really does make a difference.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-30-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
"Adam I realize what your saying but with the wedge and the flip of a switch its the most universal boat out there as far as quick wake adjustment."

I'll say.

"Duffy I realize what your saying but with the (wakeplate) and the flip of a switch its the most universal boat out there as far as quick wake adjustment."

lol.
Old    kvanderg            10-30-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Adam,

To understand where the 22SSV came from... you will have to read the entire thread (as painfull as that may be)

As far as the 22SSV and 23LSV wakes being "nite and day different"... we might have to agree to disagree.

A SAN210 would be nite and day diferent... wouldn't ya think?
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-30-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
I like both boats so that is a hard choice. If it didnt come down to money probably the malibu, depending on what the dealer is like.

The new 22ssv is a amazing boat though and the wake on that thing is rediculous.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-31-2006, 12:13 AM Reply   
unclesam.... are you a trader? and oh yeah how do you spell "rediculous"
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-31-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
you're ridiculous.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-31-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
and I am ashamed to be another person on WW that can't spell.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
I am curious abou the new 22SSV I have the 24 and like it but am anxious to get a pull behind the new 22. It looks like the same setup on the inside.
Old     (imiguy68)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-02-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
hands down supra all the way more bang for the buck!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-02-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Malibu and I own a Supra. That comes from dealing with Skiers Choice and there lack luster customer support and inability to ship warranty parts. Not sure about Malibus customer support, but it can't be any worse. My .02
Old    DRA            11-02-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
The new Supra line up is the best they have produced to date. The storage is incredible on the new 22 SSV. The wake is insane and all of the included features no other manufactures can touch.
Going for a dollar to dollar point of view Supra in a no brainier and if you have looked into the interior changes for the07 Supra’s Malibu no longer holds the top spot for best interior. Supra new material and carpet will give everyone new standard to try and match.
Ride is very similar but Supra is better in the bow rise area. The wake becomes the next issue, which is truly personal choice; I think Supra is bigger pound for pound with stock ballast. The shape is got to be your personal choice there is just to many ways to say one is better than the other but both will produce as much wake as you need.
Service from the shops and factory you will hear the goods and the bad from both sides depending on what each person was expecting as the outcome to there situation. I can say Skiers Choice is putting big focus on the consumer and there happiness with their products.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-02-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Mr. DRA has some good points. The dash pod is very good looking this year if I do say so. The rest of the interior is improved as well. With the full carpet and the leather wraps it feels much more finished and luxurious than previous models.

At first glance it looks amazing sitting in the show room and as far as bang for the buck Supra is getting up there. I'm not gonna give a vote cuz they are both fantastic boats and I would be happy with either one.

The seating layouts are quite a bit different and so are the options so there are plenty of ways to choose which one is better for your needs.

As far as dealers in the midwest, more specifically Chicagoland, I would have to say that the Supra guys at Skipper Buds are great with requests and returning calls and fax. They hooked me up with demos and everyone was super helpful. My malibu guys at munson are a bit different. They were good up until the boat left their showroom now it takes months to fix a broken heater and a year to ship me a pair of board racks. They just seems like they have other things to do when they are helping you. They are still very knowledgable and helpful it just takes them time to get to it.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-02-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
The Supra is awesome, but the warranty falls well short. I called them on a Friday looking for parts that I was told were in stock so I didn't have to worry about a lead time. Took the boat to my dealer on Monday and I'm still waiting one month later for parts that supposedly were there. Skiers Choice would like to have all of their dealers with a 100% customer service satisfaction rating which is understandable. Those dealers with that rating get the best treatment first. The problem is that a dealer that has customers waiting for an excessive amount of time for warranty parts, get pissed off therefore making it difficult to achieve that rating. It's not the dealers fault and not the manufacturers because things break, but they need to step up to the plate and honor the warranty in a timely fashion.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Randy,
That is definitely a dealer issue and not a manufacturer issue. Let Tinker know about your problems and I guarantee SC will step up to the plate. I have excellent success with my dealer and the few times myself or others have had to deal with the SC corporate guys it has been great. I love both Supra and Malibu, but just happen to like the Supra dealer here better. If they were the same dealer I would have a hard time. I recently went out on the newly designed 07' 22SSV and it had a ton of people and ballast on board, but it was hands down the BIGGEST wake I have ever seen. Even twice the size of some big wakes. I have not had a chance to ride it with less weight, but I am sure it is good.
You can't go wrong with either brand. Let it be a lesson by reading some of these posts and make sure you are dealing with a reputable dealer. Post their name on here and people will tell you their experience with the dealer.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-02-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Diggs, don't get me wrong, I love my 21v. The dealer swears up and down they ordered the parts. I know they want my boat out of there, because they are storing it inside. The only reason I left it there for a month was to get the warranty gelcoat cracks done. I'll give SC a call myself. Thanks for the info.
Old    DRA            11-02-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Randy,

I am sure you are having a dealer issue and if you let SC know they will correct the problem. It is not in the best interest for them to let dealers slack on service since it hurts there name and sales in the end. Skiers Choice has made it known that they want the dealers to take care of the customers and dealers that are not, will not be dealers. I am sure Malibu is similar in there customer support and each factory can have some sort of issue that may delay a repair or replacement. Skiers Choice is focusing their attention on the customer and there needs before your purchase and after. The thought process is simple behind this if you’re a happy customer then you will be a repeat customer. Hope all manufactures follow suit if they don't already.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
randy,
let me know if you need tinker's email and i am sure at some point he will jump on here and see your post and either post on here or email you
good luck man!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-02-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Diggs, I'll let you know tomorrow if I need it. I tried to call SC and they tried to put me thru to a parts dude named Reed I think. He was on the other line and I was on hold for about 10 minutes. I had to hang up to take another call. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       11-03-2006, 5:32 AM Reply   
Randy. Email me your phone number and I will have Reed call you first thing. Rtinker@skierschoice.com
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-03-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
Way to go Rick! By the way thanks for the help with my boat, with Matt's help we finally got it right! Of course I have a broken foot and can't ride but the boat will be good to go when I healup.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-03-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Rick was awesome. Within 5 minutes of emailing my #, I had a call. The situation was explained and being checked on. It's amazing how well things work when the communication channels are opened and you receive the information directly from the source.