Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-20-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
my friends all own VLXs and i cant decide between a VLX or going for a 23 LSV??? never riden behind a LSV but the VLX is sweet!!! however i am going to malibu from a 2005 X star and not sure the VLX will be big enough??? could someone give me an insight before i try and find one to try out??? any major difference in terms of wake performance, surfing etc

Thanks guys

Danny
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
I have a LSV and love it. The surf on it is easily dialed in with a couple ballast tanks filled and it is very roomy. I have never seen a VLX wake but I hear it is awesome. I cant see too much different in the LSV and VLX wake. I would get the LSV so you can have the bigger boat compared to your friends HA HA
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-20-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
You will get a bigger better surf wake with the LSV, much bigger inside, but takes more weight to get the wakeboard wake as good. I just saw an 08 LSV running 6500 pounds in ballast and with a decent driver you still won't dip the nose. Try that with an X-star.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-20-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I am a current owner of a VLX the wake is very nice, for surfing you have to get really weighted toi get a nice wake, if you ride always only at 3-4 person you will be perfect but for us we are most of the time 5-6+ so i will go for a LSV next year for sure, first for the space and second for the room.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-20-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
I love both boats but have always leaned toward larger roomier boats so I am a tad bias. My last 2 boats have both been 23 footers and if I get another one I will go with 23 or possible Bu 24'7 Love the room and I normally have atleast 8 people with me when I go out
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-20-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Danny, I love Lake Annecy. What a great place to ride! We've been to Talloires a few times and I rode there. Hope to go back next summer.
Old     (five_cent_worth)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-20-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Just went through both at the CLT both show this past weekend. Looking at both as well. I got in every tow boat they had here in CLT (expect mastercraft as they weren't there) and the BU's are by far the roomest. The LSV looks like it will handle the chop alot more - looks like a deeper boat. The LSV seems more roomier because of the beam.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-20-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
if its in your budget the lsv is hands down a way better boat. the wake has way more potential to be bigger and have a better shape. the boat still drives just as good as a vlx and has a ton more room
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Thanks guys thats a great help!! think i will go for a LSV as long as i can get a good price for my X Star!!!

Eagle Jackson im still in Annecy for another week so if you want to come and ride with me no worries!! If you out next year just come and find me, I will either be in the only X star on the lake or the only on in a 2009 LSV!! That goes for the rest of you guys also, its just, I think France is a bit far for most of you?????

Ha ha thanks again guys!! if anybody has any cool pictures of thier LSV that would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-23-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Upload

23 lsv
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-23-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
That thing is like the Ghost ship love it.
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Ok riding behind the X star has been amazing!!! i dont believe the wake could be any better for wakeboarding behind any boat!!! The surf wake sucks though without throwing loads of weight in it!! which i dont mind!!!! the surf wake behind my friends VLX is super good so i would assume the surf wake behind the LSV is equally as cool!!! However wakeboarding is what its all about so what is the major difference between the X Star and the LSV????

thanks guys

Danny