Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
What knowledge level is required to install Stargazer Perfect Pass? I'm look at ordering it, but don't know if I need to have someone install it?

Thanks!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-26-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Their instructions are very good,you are an Idaho_hillbilly though. J/K Go to their web site and click support and look at the install manual,I'm pretty sure they have the stargazer install instructions available.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-26-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Just looked they have install instructions and an install video for stargazer. http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=support
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-26-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Finding the tach wire is the only semi difficult part. It's an easy task and you can install part of it and still have a drivable boat without getting it finished.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-26-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Anyone should be able to install it. GPS version takes out the only "hard" part, since you don't have to drill a hole in your hull. FWIW I did the paddlewheel versiona nd cut a hole in my hull and even then it wasn't difficult.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Perfect! I'm pretty skilled for an Idaho Hillbilly....I can tie my own shoes and this week mastered walking and chewing gum. I do play a mean banjo!

Thanks for the info!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-26-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Lol
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-26-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
Walk and chew gum at the same time? Man, I've got to get my friend in Moscow to try that..
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyart View Post
Walk and chew gum at the same time? Man, I've got to get my friend in Moscow to try that..
I grew up in Moscow! I bet he can play the banjo and spit chew through the gaps in his teeth....pretty standard skill for people from Moscow.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-26-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
I ran into a couple of problems when installing on my 2004 Sanger V210 Black Scorpion.

First, for the Black Scorpion motor, they had a set of supplemental instructions. The instructions had two pictures of the throttle linkage, and it was shown put together differently in each picture. We picked one and followed it, and it turned out to be the wrong way, so we had to take it back apart and redo it.

Second, the throttle linkage was too high and the cable/linkage they supplied therefore stuck up too high. This meant that when the engine cover was closed, it interfered with the throttle, making it so that once you accelerated, it wouldn't slow back down all the way. Luckily there were some holes in the brackets that let me move the throttle linkage points down about an inch and a half, which allowed it to clear the engine cover. It was a bit of a pain in the ass because all the nuts and bolts are so small and it's crowded in there so it sucks if you drop one.

Other than that, it was an easy install and nothing weird. Later in the season my gage started getting cloudy and they promptly sent a replacement.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
I ran into a couple of problems when installing on my 2004 Sanger V210 Black Scorpion.

First, for the Black Scorpion motor, they had a set of supplemental instructions. The instructions had two pictures of the throttle linkage, and it was shown put together differently in each picture. We picked one and followed it, and it turned out to be the wrong way, so we had to take it back apart and redo it.

Second, the throttle linkage was too high and the cable/linkage they supplied therefore stuck up too high. This meant that when the engine cover was closed, it interfered with the throttle, making it so that once you accelerated, it wouldn't slow back down all the way. Luckily there were some holes in the brackets that let me move the throttle linkage points down about an inch and a half, which allowed it to clear the engine cover. It was a bit of a pain in the ass because all the nuts and bolts are so small and it's crowded in there so it sucks if you drop one.

Other than that, it was an easy install and nothing weird. Later in the season my gage started getting cloudy and they promptly sent a replacement.
Thanks for the heads up on that issue. It's going on a '09 V230...so that's good info.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2012, 3:08 AM Reply   
My boat has an LS1 in it, so I had extra instructions for it. The mounting for the throttle control was shown for a direct drive, and wouldn't work for my V-drive, so I had to come up with my own setup. I also had to relocate the factory linkage back a bit in order for the L-bracket to work. The rest was pretty straight forward.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
I echo the comments above. PP instructions are awesome. I did mine on my own, including the drilling of the 2" hole in the bottom of the boat, which freaked me out. .
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-27-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
It is pretty easy. I've installed two, each under 3 hours. I think the most critical part is the cable to throttle linkage. Take extra time to look at the pictures.
For the rest, if you have very basic electrical knowledge, this should be easy.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-27-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
X2 What Jonathan said...

I installed one on my last boat. 2-3 hours.