Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
Our family is wanting to get into surfing and I have no idea what boards to look into. The trick boardz look interesting but I do not know of any other companies.
Thank you
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
Can't really go wrong with Phase 5 or Inland Surfer for a family board when starting out. Shredd Stixx and The Walker Project also make good boards but are geared a little more towards advanced riders.
Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
There are a lot out there and most people pick from price range to durability stand point. If you want a more surf style skim style board from a wakesurf company I would go with the above listed or Triple X, Endless Break, Calibrated. You really need to take care of all the boards I listed and from the above post. But if you want a board you can drop go with more of a wakeboard company wakesurfer. They are slower and sometimes easier for beginners but they aren't really like a real wakesurf board. I have a Triple X and I love it and so do my friends that ride on it.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Of course you like your (free) Triple X. I don't know many team riders that say bad things about their sponsors
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
wardovision, stop attacking him. youve done it in multiple threads. he offered other suggestions too.
you dont see everyone jumping on the CIE guys and Andy Nitzel in the wakeboard forum and they blatantly spam their sponsors.

Ty, how much weight are you using for surfing and what is the size range of the people you want to cater towards?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
If he was upfront with his affiliation I'd have absolutely no problem with it

(Message edited by CAskimmer on August 10, 2009)
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
we are in between boats with now but like my sanger v210, we will have about 1300-1700 plus usually about 5 people.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2009, 5:36 AM Reply   
i am also 6'6 and weigh about 225-230 lbs. my family will also use the board but what size should i look for? also I am not looking to be a pro rider but I have good balance and want to get something I can grow into.
Old     (koryk)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-11-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
I'm a big advocate of SMED boards for a true surf-style board, but it all depends on your riding style and what you want from a board. I recommend riding as many types of boards as possible prior to picking your ride of choice. Thread on SMED: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/723997.html?1250007679
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
you should check out the Inland Surfer Blue Lake. It will be a great board to start on as well as progress on