Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-08-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
I just got my first Mac and wanted some editing program suggestions. I've used various versions PSE for the past 6 years. It is great for what I do but I was curious if any others might be better in the same price range...mainly asking about Aperature.

Also, are you able to edit RAW in iPhoto with the new iMacs? The Apple Store folks have given me different answers.}
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-08-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
not sure about aperture but why not stick with photoshop?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-08-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I'm tempted to just because that's what I'm used to. I was just curious if anything else in that price range is worth checking out. This will be my first Mac so it's probably best to not be learning a different editing software AND operating system at the same time.

I did just watch a video on the updates to PSE with version 8.0 (I have 5.0) and it's pretty cool! I believe you can get the new version for $70 for the Mac which is pretty cheap.

Thanks Joe.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-08-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
PSE as in Photoshop Elements? For the same price range there is PixelMator, http://www.pixelmator.com/

iPhoto isnt a bad app for the price either.

I have iPhoto 08 and it supports RAW format but I use Photoshop CS3 to edit my RAW files.

I have never used Aperture since I have been using Photoshop almost daily for the last 9 years.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
I use Aperture 3 and like it a lot. It is much more powerful than iPhoto 09. You can work in RAW with iPhoto. When you edit the RAW file a duplicate version in JPEG is saved with the changes. A3 also allows plug-ins and I use a lot of NIK Software stuff that works seamlessly with Aperture 3. I used iPhoto for 2 years but am very happy now with Aperture 3. It took a while for me to get comfortable with it. Call me with any questions man.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-26-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
I use CS5 Photoshop and Lightroom 3. I really like both of them! And both support RAW.