Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-08-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
Just got my registration for my boat and trying to think of a good font, I have a few ideas but maybe some more would help.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
can't go wrong with a nice and clean helvetica :-)
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-08-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
Go to decalcity.com You can preview a bunch of styles. They delivered to me in three days. very pleased...........
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-08-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
www.domednumbers.com
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I just lettered my boat using Decalcity.com.

I'd suggest trying to match any font that's already on the side of your boat. For instance, The side of my boat has MALIBU in block letters in the center of the graphics. I went with a cursive font for the registration numbers -- It kind of clashes with the MALIBU. I'm going to reorder decals in more of block font to match the MALIBU.

Also, I went with the outlined vinyl. You really can't see the outline unless you're close. When I reorder, I'm not going to get the outlines.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-09-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
We ordered ours from domed numbers (link above from Todd). I ordered them online, and when they came, they weren't exactly what I thought they would be. I called the company, they had me take a picture of the boat, then matched the font and color EXACTLY to the "Centurion" on the boat.
No charge for re-doing them...needless to say, we are very happy customers!
If I wasn't at work, I would post a picture...maybe later this evening.
Lauri