Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Heard about this once before but here it is for real:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/boa/1705205060.html

Who'd bother ordering that new from the manufacturer?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-24-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, not for me that's for sure.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
I sold a couple of those...actually a really cool boat...all the advantages of a stern drive, and still had a pretty nice wake. Slightly higher top end over a direct or V drive, those were back before surfing was on the radar, but I imagine the ability to trim way up and bury the stern at low speeds would make it a decent surf boat.
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-27-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
I always thought that Sanger targeted the I/O boats at barefooters, a little extra top end wouldn't hurt right?
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-27-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
I saw one of these for sale where I got my boat-this is what they said about it--I think it just sold...

This one owner boat is in immaculate condition, and is loaded with options. This is an almost unique model on the tow boat market, being one of the only stern drive boats ever built for this cateogory. Mercruiser and Sanger worked together to move the engine forward in the boat, move the drive deeper into the water, and also to allow the drive to trim under much further than any other I/O powered boat. The result is a boat that cruises faster than most tow boats can go wide open, has outstanding fuel economy, and has the ability to pull wakeboarders like no other stern drive model you can buy.

This ZX also has a Team Pro Shop huge ballast system, with 3 bladders under the floor, and tanks under both side bench seats. The total ballast weight is almost 1200 pounds. To make this all very easy to drive, Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro is installed, along with an updated digital analog speedo. Also included is a Pro Flight Swoop factory tower with board racks, 2 amp stereo system with tower speakers, digital depth finder, dual batteries, and a stainless prop. Top all of this off with a custom acrylic mooring cover, Sunbrella bow cover and a tandem axle trailer with disc brakes.

You won't find a nicer pre owned Sanger than this one, and the ability to run at almost 60 mph makes this a really special boat. Call or email if you have any questions. Thanks for looking
Attached Images

Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-27-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Probably the only I/O out there that would qualify as a wakeboat, I considered the DX driver when I bought my V-210 in '99.

It's top end capabilities were appealing, but the huge engine hump, and the fact that I had owned I/Os for twenty years prior, sold me on the V drive.

...best decision I ever made