Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (racing4funn)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-19-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Im looking for wakeskate shoe that are made to get wet regularly.

Thanks
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
dvs makes has a ton of their skate shoes in mesh styles. im riding the triumphs right now and they are sick. the sole is awesome but i hope it lasts.
there are also Reef Byerly 2s. i rode them all last year and they are stiff and uncomfortable. they dry really quick though.
lakai also has a mesh shoe the cordoba. i rode those for a little while and they were super light and dried overnight.
UGP makes wakeskate shoes too. the shoe is designed to fit with out socks, so the tongue is completely connected to help lock in your foot and feel better. personally the only shoes i felt discomfort with were the byerly 2s because the feel like a dry sponge even when wet.

really, any shoe will work but mesh shoes will dry faster and stay lighter. and even though they are mesh the are tough. i worn through all my soles but have never ripped through the mesh.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-20-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
adio quests
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
my DVS triumphs come in tonight!

nike 6.0 makes some good stuff, but their a tad expensive
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-22-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
Like Mitch said....any skate shoe works...but the key if you are going to use them in the water is how they drain and how they will hold up in the water. We've been selling the DVS Triumphs and Byerly 2's really well and have gotten in some of the UGP Shoes recently. Style plays into your choice also....but if you are going to get them wet alot....make sure they drain and dry quickly and FIT well. Good luck

Bill @ Performance.
Old     (scarr5)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Vans Rowley XL2's work great and drain well only $40 lots of people using 'em
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-29-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Osiris
Old     (bobby211)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
i have a pair of dvs triumphs and i love them they're great
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Lands End water shoes!

My son was 12 and wore a size 5 shoe in boys. I never could find any wakeskate shoes in his size, so he has just always used his Lands End water shoes.

Just a thought. I know they aren't "cool"!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-05-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
i second bobby, im rocking the triumphs and those things seriously help my riding i think.

im sticking more and more 3 shuvs since i put the on
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Kampus KS-1's work great. they come in half sizes too. I bought mine at the house boardshop. they're hard to come by any other way.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I don't have any money for wakeskate shoes so I was wondering could I just drill some holes in the sole of my skate shoes so they drain better?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
dan, that works. i did that to some vans when i first started
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-07-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Alright cool I'm tired of them filling with water and bogging me down.
Old     (skills)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
I just picked up a pair of byerly 2's and they r pretty sick. my friend drilled holes in his dvs's and i guess it worked a little.better than doin nothin though
Old    mobster            06-14-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Try the Shawk shoes www.shawkboardgear.com
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       06-15-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Anyone know of some shoes that can be used for both wakeskating and skateboarding? The mesh seems like it would rip on skateboard grip take, maybe not, I dunno. But I also don't wanna get a pure skateboard shoe and have it feel like a soaked sponge on the water.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
i doubt it'd rip the grip tape, i don't think it rips the wakeskate grip tape and they're practically the same...
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-16-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
reefs
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       06-17-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Dude I'm talkin about the grip tape on a skateboard ripping up the mesh and stuff on the wakeskate shoe. Or are wakeskate shoes built as tough as skateboard shoes.
Old     (tsurfshop)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-27-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
the mesh will definately tear up if you are flicking the board at all. if your front foot is planted 24/7 on the deck- no worries- go with mesh. The UGP shoe is ridiculously good! They hold up better than any other shoe and drain water out the quickest. On most shoes (byerly, quest, dresden) they are all glued together at the sole. My byerlys lasted 2 weeks b4 I had to start w/ the shoe-goo. I got myself a pair of the UGP Doyles and are Lovin' EM! Super comfy with the one-piece tongue like the Chet Thomas shoe, feel like a real skate shoe (not just a shell of one). They have the built in drain holes in the bottom and are double-stitched throughout. Doyle spent over 1.5 yrs designing/testing the shoe b4 it came out and he's still rockin his sample pair! They last like no otha! Performance has the full size run (5-12) in stock. They cost a couple $$ more, but are well worth the investment if they will last 4x longer. . .
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-21-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
just wear a pair of old skate shoes they work fine
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       07-21-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
I'm still rockin' my original pair of Byerly's. The Byerly 1.
Old     (ps3137)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
try the dvs dresdens in mesh worked great for me and dry over nite
Old     (saltsk8)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-23-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
Kampus's are pretty dope and you can get them cheap at the-house.com I've seen Mesh shoes fall apart real quick so I've always used the Rowley XL-2'S(CUSTOM DRILLED FOR DRAINAGE)...the soft and really light ones.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Got a pair of the Reef mick fanning shoes, they look like golf shoes being white/green/yellow, but they are super light, have held up perfectly, no padding to absorb water, cause they are basically built for the water. Not to mention they got a bottle opener.
Old     (mickey_e)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Any skate shoe will work. I wore DVS skate shoes for a long time. Same pair for about 4 months. And they were just fine. Just make sure you rinse them good after you ride and you won't have problems with them stinking.
I was just recently given a pair of UGP's wakeskate shoes. They are exactly like the Doyles's but a different color. And they are by far the best wakeskate shoe that I have ever put on my feet. They fit very very well and are comfortable enough to wear all day long. They drain really well and dry pretty dang fast. Another thing I like is the way they wrap around your ankle, withe the one piece design the give full range of movement, yet still provide enough support. And it also stops dirt and mud from getting inside the shoes. Which is my biggest complaint, especially while riding the cableway!
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
I think NIKE just came out with a wakeskate shoe.
Old     (wakeboardkid77)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-02-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
i am using the nike 6.0 insurgent
they are great because they grip the foam and they dry in about 4 hours in the sun.
also, they float
the only downside is that they are 85 bucks
but they look awesome
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Does anyone know anything about the DVS Berra 4's? I was thinking of picking those up as my first wakeskate shoe because they were only $40. I really like the look of the UGP Doyles, but I can't see me spending $80 on my first pair of shoes. I'm just a little worried about drainage issues. I am trying wakeskating for the first time this weekend and I want a shoe that isn't going to hold me down!

I really wish I would have kept my old skate shoes, but I don't think they would have fit anymore anyways...
Old     (seanbanks)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-06-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Vans Era definitely, thin and lite. they dry quick too.
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
UGP makes good ones