Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Jeremy Byrom? I think it was you who had posted this trick before. I am a tard, and lost the original thread about it, and am now in need of this little trick.
can you re-post please??

thanks!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-07-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Jeremy Byrom? I think it was you who had posted this trick before. I am a tard, and lost the original thread about it, and am now in need of this little trick.
can you re-post please??

thanks!
Can you please be more specific? What was the nature of the trick. Are you talking about the thing where riders were doing w2w blind 180's and were catching the handle where the rope between their knees? I could swear Greenwood was one that was doing it.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
haha. not that kind of trick. it was another way of lacing your trunks which cinches them tighter. not an actual trick you do on a wakeboard.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
@erik - that is called a "baller". Shane Bonifay does them a lot. Its actually a really good way to learn how to land blind. Forces your to have your weight over your toes. Super fun to stop also!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
Not the original trick - but if you want the shorts tighter do the following:

Take $10
Go to TacoBell
Spend it all
Eat it all

Those shorts will snug right up
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
while you're on the subject, I think Ricky G used to do a T2B and land with the handle between his legs. Pretty sick. All or Nothing?
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       04-07-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
You just overlap the holes from the one side to the other and put the string through both and tie.
Old    mojo            04-07-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
I'd kill to need to tighten my board shorts more. And Ricky used to do huge t2b off d up and land "baller"
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
The search function is a pain when I'm on my phone but the post was on a boardshort thread from last year or the year before. If you search CIRE it will come up in one of the search results. Ill look for it later if no one posts it up.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...highlight=CIRE
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
Here is a repost from that thread with the photo. Posted by wakerider111:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo
I wear 33's in hurley, and the 34's in Cire fit very similar. I would go up a size from what you normally do.
also, there is a WW member here Jeremy I think is his name, and he has a diagram of how to re-tie the drawstring to make them fit a bit tighter if necessary. my fat ass does not need that anymore, but you might need it.

no personal experience with CIRE shorts yet, but i'm itchin' to get some.

here it is.
it is amazing what this little trick can do to tighten things up.

3 steps to show how it is done and the bottom right picture is the traditional way to tie so you can see the difference
its especially good for peeps who find themselves between sizes to get that rare but sometimes non-existent odd number size
Attached Images

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-08-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
kool. thanks guys for finding the description for him. just saw the thread this morning,... delayed by bad weather knocking out my local internet service temporarily
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-08-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
Glad this thread was posted. I just checked out the web site and picked up a couple pair of nice shorts cheap.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-08-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Glad this thread was posted. I just checked out the web site and picked up a couple pair of nice shorts cheap.
they are nice. i must re-state my stance from the quote from the original thread.
"no personal experience with CIRE shorts yet, but i'm itchin' to get some" - >>> now i got personal experience, BUT i am still itchin... to get some more (for self and friends) hahaha
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-08-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
just ordered a couple more pairs from Cire, this time in 32's! but I have a collection of 34's that I need to tie like up above. thanks for posting again guys. I hate the search feature. (mainly because I am lazy)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Just got mine. Being the cheap mofo I am I got the one's on sale. Super pleased with the graphic design and like the longer inseam relative to my other board shorts.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
This trick actually saved me from having to toss my super freaks, couldn't get the damn things tight enough around the waist. Wear a 34 waist, but my legs only fit into 36 shorts