Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-12-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
my uncle was able to pick up a used 09 hyperlite roam 145 for only 75$ in pretty good shape. he mainly butters around behind the boat, so he thought he would like it, but it really wasn't his thing, so he told me to take it over the weekend and hit a few rails with it. normally i winch with my 08 shanes since they are super easy to get in and out of, but they wouldn't fit on, so i tried to put my 2010 byerly pro's on which are what i use behind the boat, and they wouldn't fit either.

for Christmas i got a 2009 company board (6" spacing for bindings.) and my 08 shanes fit on there, but with only one stance option, all the way out (which is fine with me.) then i put the byerlys on. which are 6 inch plate

but what i don't understand, is why the shanes wouldn't fit on the roam, when the roam has a 6 inch pattern when they did on my company board, then my byerlys, which are 6 inch pattern, didn't fit either? anyone want to shed some insight? i have no idea. and at this point, i cant use the board.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-12-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
David... does this table help?

http://www.fuzeqna.com/evogear/consu...&submitbutton=
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-12-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
according to this, my 08 shanes have a 7 inch pattern? i was under the impression they where 8 inch. is the 08 LF stuff 7 inch?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-13-2010, 5:11 AM Reply   
I can't believe your uncle didn't like the Roam if he enjoys buttering about, I love taking my roam out behind our SeaDoo wake and just goofing about.

Conatct your local shop of Liquid you should be able to get extenders for the Shane's.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrider92 View Post
according to this, my 08 shanes have a 7 inch pattern? i was under the impression they where 8 inch. is the 08 LF stuff 7 inch?
I think your right......LF has their own pattern i believe.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
I had the 08 Shanes as well. Pretty sure it's a 7". Lost some stance options on my Covin when I used it.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-13-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
he rode it on a choppy day, so he didnt get a good feel for it, but he said he didnt like how much flex it had, he likes it with a little less like my severance, or my dads recruit. im good friends with out local shop owner, we are always out on the lake with him. but i just had no idea why it wouldnt fit. i thought the shanes where an 8 inch pattern. not a 7.