Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zbielling)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-12-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting new board and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Liquid Force Watson Hybrid and the Harley Grind. I currently ride a Watson Classic Grind 138 without the center fin and love the loose feel. I've really been happy with it I just wanted something different, faster and larger. I am 6' and 180 lbs so I was thinking about the 143 in either one. I've not ridden a hybrid or flex board yet but would be open to it as long as you don't lose much pop. I actually like the idea of the hybrids, I just don't want to lose any performance behind the boat. I like a solid kick at the top of the wake. I ride boat mostly but also like to take a few trips to the local cable parks. Any feedback or opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
I would choose the watson over the harley. It has a nice loose feeling and pops super nice behind boat. It also flexes and has a smoother bottom so riding cable will be more fun.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-12-2013, 10:51 PM Reply   
Another vote for the Watson hybrid. I transitioned from the classic to the hybrid and I love it. Softer landings and once you really learn how to take full advantage of the flex its a fantastic board