Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have been searching a bit and cannot seem to find the info that I need specific to our boat. I am wondering if anyone keeps their X2 on a lift, and if so, how do you have the bunks set up? I have been everywhere looking and cannot seem to find what I need. I am going to leave the boat at the lake this summer and just want to have some idea before I get there. I am really hoping someone has some pics. That would help a bunch. Thanks in advance.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
They don't need to be exact. I used to haev an 04 SSV now a 07 SSV, my baot fits ona friends lift for his 06 x-2 and vice versa.
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Adam. I do appreciate the help. Its just that this is the first time I have ever left the boat there and on a lift so I am a bit nervous to make sure I set it up right. I plan on spending most of my time there getting it just right. I have some neighbors with a supra. I may just go ask to look at theirs as well.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
I sent the link to the guy who has the 06 x-2 on his lift...I'm sure he'll post later. I dont; have any pictures of mine on this computer, but if you do a search for "boat lift" you should find some.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-04-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
i have a sunstream hydraulic lift and had to get the offset bunks because it is a tad wider than other boats underneath. it sat lopsided before i put em on. If you want me to measure them and post a pic i can. Send me a PM. I will prob be back out to the lake house mid week.
Old     (zeus12)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-04-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
I would be interested in this info also as I am getting ready to put my 06 X-2 on a lift as well here in the next week. Please post info/pics
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Andrew, When you talk of offset are you refering to the way the trailer has two more bunks that are wider at the tail? I can see adding some stability to that lift as it is a wide boat. Not a bad idea. If you have a pic available, that would be great, but do not go to any trouble for it. Thanks.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-04-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
Measure the trailer bunks at the back and use that distance as a starting point. Make sure the running gear won't hit anything on the lift and you are all set. I have a VLX on a Hewitt lift with two bunks. I just set them as wide as I could in the back while still getting good support all the way up the hull to the front. It doesn't need to be precise, just effective.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-06-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Sorry I am going to the lake tomorrow so I will measure. And yes I think the offsets make the lift bunks as wide as the rear bunks on the trailer. I will take pics if I don't already have some.
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Andrew,
Thanks. I do appreciate it.
Old     (mdiddy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Hey Brian,
I just did my lift and a safe place to start is by putting the bunks 18-19" off of center each way. Then you will probably want 12-13 inches of vertical rise in the center of the lift. you can check this by using a level across the bunks and measuring down. This set-up works great for my boat and should be good for yours too especially since you have no center fins. I can take pictures this weekend if you need some.
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Thanks, thats great info. I will be at our place this saturday so I will do some checking, measuring and hopefully get this thing set right. I appreciate all of the input.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-06-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I have been trying to get my lift set up for the Xstar. It is hard with the steps in the hull, don't know if the X2 has the steps. The trailer has two sets of bunks, one closer together for the front and a shorter set of bunks farther apart in the rear. What I have done so far is to make the front close and the rear a lot further apart. I am trying to not have the bunks go off the steped part of the hull to the lower level.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-06-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
Its a step bottom you need four bunks to do it properly .The rear couple feet need to be elevated and seperate from the front bunk

(Message edited by mitchj on June 06, 2007)
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-07-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
OK Just got back from the lake, but the wife left the camera there. Sorry. I did measure my bunks and I think (they were hard to measure without getting in the water) they are 42" on the outside and I thought they were 2" wide beams, but I can't remember so I may do it again. Actually looking at the pics, the actual bunk itself is probably 3" wide.

Ah wait I found some pics:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Notice how the bunks should be at the rib closest to center? If they are a little too tight, your boat may sit lopsided as mine did before the offset brackets were installed on my Sunstream lift:
Upload

Either way just measure the ribs closest to center and your lift bunks should be closer together or just further apart, like mine is.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-07-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Oh and Adam I agree they don't need to be exact, but if you get a wrong width it will sit like mine did. There are wrong widths and right ones, doesn't really matter whichs one you choose as long as they are correct so the boat doesnt sit like in the last picture (before I installed the brackets.)
Old     (ai_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2007, 4:43 AM Reply   
That helps a bunch to actually see it. Thanks for the help.