Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (carter_ND)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-25-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
I just moved to Mankato, MN and saw im not to far from 10k wakes, ive never rode cable before just wondering what everyone thought about the place before I get another board. I saw their only open a few days a weeks which kind of sucks.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-26-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
10k is pritty sick gets kinda spendy but hey im a college student so spendy for me might be pocket change for another
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
i have yet to go check out the cable park, but know a few of the guys that work there, and they are super good people. i believe you might be able to call and schedule an "off hours" time as well....not positive though.

you say you just moved here, so welcome! be sure to check out the MN Spring Ride this June 10-11. it'll be a great chance to meet all the riders up here. for details check out our facebook site.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MN-Spr...349035?sk=info
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-26-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
I've also not been to the cable park but have taken lessons behind the boat from the guys at 10K wakes and they're awesome. Super friendly and patient, they just want you to get better.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
I really want to make the trip up to visit 10K at some point this summer. May have to make a combination trip WWA Nationals and 10K this summer!
Old     (carter_ND)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-27-2011, 5:48 AM Reply   
can you just pay for a pull behind the boat or do you have to pay for a full lesson?
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-27-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you have to pay for a full lesson. When we did it it was $220 for 2 hours and they came to our lake with their Malibu. We had 3 people riding for the first time and 2 hours was enough. Couldn't lift my arms.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-27-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
10K is awesome! So fun! You should definitely check it out.

Here is a video I shot from there last year.

I'm originally from Mankato, where do you plan on riding? Mid summer we have a comp out at Lake Washingon. Still working on dates. I'll be posting up info when we get it.
Old     (carter_ND)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-28-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
Im not sure i dont know anyone that rides down here hopefully soon im ready get on the water haha.. is there a lot of people that ride around here. My brother lives in the cities so ill be around that area a lot too.
Old     (Chase_Mastel)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-03-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
I am the head instructor at 10K, and can personally say it is where I like to spend all my time. We are super laid back and are really stoked on riding! You can pay for a pull and that come with lessons if you want. We rent out the cable by the hour when it is open to the general public otherwise you can call ahead and rent it out privately. Let me know if you have any more questions! chasemastel@gmail.com
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
10k is a pretty sweet little cable, friendly people and some solid rails and kickers
Old     (carter_ND)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-04-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
does it get pretty busy there since its only open a few days a week?
Old     (Chase_Mastel)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-13-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
No, its usually pretty chill, and if you bring a crew you can get a discount on cable passes!