Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-15-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
My dad wants to get a wakeboard of his. He is about to turn 50. He is 6'1" and about 210. He can get up and cut back and forth. Doesn't need anything too crazy. Just something that will get him up easily and he will feel comfortable in with his skill level. Anyone have suggestions?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-15-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
my dad rides the LF 142 watson. he just rides around, does board slides, and he can ollie. but just for riding around this board is tight, you can cut soooo hard with it. which makes it fun for my dad. plus i like to ride it every now and then. its got great pop

*edit was spelling error*

(Message edited by lfrider92 on June 15, 2009)
Old    dperizzolo            06-15-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
Something nice and mellow and rider friendly. Something like the Liquid Force PS3 141 would be a great board to look in to. Other than that the CWB Kink 140, the Liquid Force Trip 142 might be okay too. Its really wide and stable, though it will be a little faster on edge than the other two.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Stay away from three stage boards for him. Get him a nice 42 or bigger continuous rocker board with decent size middle fins for stability.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-15-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
+1 for the watson
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
If he's just out for a good time. I would get something a bit longer, stable and quicker so he can get his slaysh on with minimal drag and effort letting him ride longer, hence having more fun.
I'm not sure what your price range is but I'd say the Vault 144 would be perfect. and you can pick up some packages with really comfy bindings for a decent price.

(Message edited by Kristian on June 15, 2009)
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-16-2009, 4:46 AM Reply   
Trip 146, lots of cheap 2008 packages out there.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Faction 144, it has a nice smooth ride and never gets out of line. It has a big center spine to break up landings/chop and overall it is a very sweet ride. It can also stick with you as you advance. Get it packaged with the Faction boots and you are looking at a great setup for the big fella, for a good price.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
My girlfriends dad had me find a board for him, and he's just a bit taller than described above, pretty much the same age. I had him get the LF Trip 142. He does TS180's and that's about it, so the boards consistency with the continuous, and less locked in feel were things he really enjoyed.