Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey all,

I just thought it would be a good idea to get some info out to those who are interested.

Date: Sept. 5,6,7

Place: Pateros Washington on the Columbia River.

Type of event: this is not a competition, we are getting together to have fun with others that share our infatuation with the sport.

accomidations: There is a motel on the river($68 a night), rv camping on the river($15 a day), or tent camping about a quarter of a mile from the water.

Water Conditions: glass 90% of the time. When I say glass, I mean glass, ask those who have been.

Pateros is the perfect setup for a get together. The town has it's own gas station, restaraunt, sports bar and, liquor store all within a block of the river. When you get into town you will have no need to drive your car for the weekend.

For those who have kids, the motel is perfect. There is a swimming pool, and a huge lawn right outside your room so you can keep a close eye on them while they play.

As far as your boat is concerned, you can keep it moored just outside your room at the dock if you chose, and it's free. If you want to pull your boat out at night the launch is less than a hundred yards from the motel, and there is plenty of parking room to keep your boat close and safe.

If anyone is interested you can call Pateros Motor Inn at 1-509-923-2203. They will also have phone numbers for the rv parking, and campsite.

If you have any other questions that I didn't address here, e-mail me.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
The Dark Side will be strong this year...
Old    wake_me            07-23-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post Cliff. We will for sure be there. I think that there will be 2-3 more couples coming from the Bend area too. We won't be the only ones making the 7 hour drive this year!!!
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Sounds great! Thanks for the info Cliff.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
Couples? Weak! We need more single women this year. Last year was a sausage fest.

(Message edited by solo on July 23, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
Kara, the gal in the purple bikini in your profile pic. Bring her!!!
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Hahn, you are obviously thinking with the wrong head this morning. Reread Cliff's post and you will find the info you are looking for.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Whae are you talking about?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
What??
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
You edited your post and took out the question asking about the motel and contact info. Nice try!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       07-23-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
NNWF 03! Should be a great trip this year. Rooms have been reserved for a while now. Yes the water is butta!

Kara, Glad we will have a larger presence from Bend this year. Make sure to talk Tig and Tif into making the trip too.

Hahn, sounds like your in need of a different website this morning. You still have 6 weeks to find a guest.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
Brent doesn't want me bringing whiney women that we have to babysit all weekend. I see his point. We need more hardcore women riders like Bonnie to show up.

p/s I gave up the internet dating after Donna....
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
I think I will be able to bring some eye candy, don't know if they will ride, but who care's. Hopefully I'll still be in Seattle in 6 weeks!!!!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-23-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Cliff this year I promise to launch the boat in the water not on the ramp.

Hahn she will be there. You can meet her and her husband.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Cliff, This trip by invitation, or can anyone join in. If invited, will have a new boat to try out
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       07-24-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Gary, No invitations are needed. Fun times to be had by all. Get that new boat ready for the river.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff I will its an 04 wakesettervlx
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
Gary,

hope to see you and the boy there.

This time we will get to bs a little.

Cliff
Old    duncans            07-24-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
Y'all are killing me.
I just looked at some glassy shots of Pateros. That place looks sweet and after seeing the pics from shasta I'd love to pull my boat out to a fun place like that and ride with some of you. Unfortunately I've got a wedding that weekend. Any other dates as well?

-d
Old    phatboy00            07-24-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Me and the purple bikini gal will be there...
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
Hey Scotty, have you been practicing your free style??? I can't wait to get over to there. I'm glad to hear more new people are coming. Spread the word, just book early.

And yes, I will bring some Pyramid treats.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-01-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
Wow there is going to be a lot of peeps this year! Mike, does she have a sister?