Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-27-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
I know this is not new and I know many people already have this setup from Protomet but I just got one in today and thought I would share. This mirror and bracket was an option when I bought my boat but in a brief moment of frugalness I decided not to get it when placing the order for my RZR.

I just couldn't justify the money ($500+) for a mirror. After the first time out on the boat though I was very much underwhelmed by the factory windshield mirror and bracket. In order to use it at all I had to move it to in front of the observer's seat as it just blocked too much of my forward view while driving. Of course with it being there it was much easier for my kids to get to and play with so I had to constantly adjust it. The field of view was so narrow that I had to turn sideways, look back, look at the mirror, look forward, etc in order to keep an eye on everything.

We are going out on the boat on Sunday and I can't wait to use this mirror. I'm hoping that the taller bracket will allow for a better forward view and let me keep it mounted to the windshield in front of the captain's chair.

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Houston it's a AWESOME mirror,we just replaced our old mirror with one.You can see the rider all the way on both sides.Also great for those fishing boats passing you at 70 mph.It folds down below the windshield so it doesn't interfere with the cover.I agree the old one was worthless!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
I too was skeptical as well. Could it really be worth the coin..Answer is yes! It really is much better than the stock one. Not only in looks but in function.
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-28-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
I've had one on my Supra 242 for months! By far the best mirror out there. Look at the field of view you have with it and no jumping from pane to pane like the 3 panel CIPA mirror. As a driver, you never lose sight of the rider no matter how far out they cut. All the work is first rate and the people at PTM Edge are awesome.
Attached Images

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-29-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Why is your desk so clean and tidy?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Why is your desk so clean and tidy?
He has a Mac, can't do any real work at that desk
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
^Probably b/c he doesn't have to. He bought lots Apple stock at $50/share......
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2012, 12:27 AM Reply   
I'm sorry, how much did you say this boat mirror costs? That must have been a typo.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-30-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett564 View Post
I'm sorry, how much did you say this boat mirror costs? That must have been a typo.
They make them for Malibu too,it's just a different bracket. I got mine from the Nautique dealer.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 6:49 AM Reply   
I need to come up with some polished billet aluminum LED spring loaded pop out cleats and charge $500 for each one.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I need to come up with some polished billet aluminum LED spring loaded pop out cleats and charge $500 for each one.
Only is they put out fog.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-30-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
it looks like there a mount for all our cipa mirrors on their website?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Fog emitting cleats is another $200 per cleat. Come on now. Use your brain. We're talking filtered, mountain spring, de-ionized water vapor here. Seriously, the fog emitted from these billet cleats feels like an angel farting on your face. The cleats emit so much moisture every girl on your boat will have an afro in 13 seconds or your money back. Don't cheap out on your cleats. Those plain factory non-led, non-spring loaded, dry ass cleats just don't cut it.

Last edited by chattwake; 04-30-2012 at 7:33 AM.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-30-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
Damn! I go out on the boat all day, have a couple beers, couple hard falls, get off the water at dark, get eaten by mosquitos after a brief rain, clean the boat in the dark, have what appears to be a snake bite on my foot, drink a couple more beers and get to bed by 12 and all the while you guys are clowning me about my desk and mirror!

Ha! My desk is clean because I don't do a lot of work on it. I'm out visiting customers or checking on projects. The majority of my work on the computer (a fully capable Mac that runs Windows XP when needed better than most of your PC's!) is done at home once the kids are in bed.

I use my office as more of a design studio and showroom so it has to stay clean.

As for the mirror, yes Chatt, it's stupid expensive but so is everything else. I mostly needed it for my wife as she refuses to turn around while driving. She would rely on someone else in the boat or the crappy factory mirror. She likes it, it looks cool and I didn't pay that much for it. The field of view is pretty amazing. I just wish they had a zoomed version! My eyes get tired after being on the water all day so I just turn sideways.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
What's the difference between the VR-140 Elite and Pro other than $200?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Fog emitting cleats is another $200 per cleat. Come on now. Use your brain. We're talking filtered, mountain spring, de-ionized water vapor here. Seriously, the fog emitted from these billet cleats feels like an angel farting on your face. The cleats emit so much moisture every girl on your boat will have an afro in 13 seconds or your money back. Don't cheap out on your cleats. Those plain factory non-led, non-spring loaded, dry ass cleats just don't cut it.
It also needs the ability to "fog" out mosquito repelant if needed by the touch of a button. A specially designed repelant that smells amazing and keeps all bugs at least 50 yards from the boat! or at the flip of a switch you can have angel farting mist and it'll be on an old school ballast switch but instead of "fill/empty" it'll say "angel fart/bug repelant" .... yessss
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
What's the difference between the VR-140 Elite and Pro other than $200?
Elite has a billet housing, Pro is plastic.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Sippi, wow, you nailed it. So, the cleatmastic pro-edge V Pro will come with single Angel fart misting capability. For an extra $200, you can order the Elite model, which incorporates the two phase mosquito repellant dispenser.

Now, if you want to go hybrid, you can opt for the cleatmastic pro-edge V Elite for your bow cleats, which will allow mosquito repellant to cloud the entire boat while engaged in a slow idle, and then install the pro-edge V Elite Pro 23G cleats in the rear. I know, I know, the 23G models are a bit steep at $3k each, but comeon, you want the best, you pay for the best. Each 23G cleat dispenses angel fart, mosquito repellant, but also has RGB LED interfaces, blue tooth compatability, a 2'' tweeter, slick boot dispenser, camera mount, and a 7.2'' interactive touch screen display.

These cleats don't just change the game, they change the sport.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Can I still tie up my boat with them or did you have to sacrifice some functionality for the new features?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Chatt....that's awesome lets draw up a model, it'll be at least 3k because of the tooling but that's ok, maybe we can sell it to nautique and get them to install it as an option on the g23 and g25 and let them mark it up to about an extra 10k. because i mean if you're going to spend 120, why not spend 130?

Jon, yes you can still tie you're boat up on it, maybe even a retractable line that you can just loop around something and tighten with a switch....man this thing is gonna be sweet!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Jon. Well, if you want to tie your boat up with these cleats, then you will need to watch the 4 hour instructional video that comes with tech package level IV, attend a two day seminar, and then pass a written exam. I don't suggest you ever let anyone else who has not passed said exam operate or even look directly at these cleats. If used correctly, and by a knoweldgeable operator, these cleats can, in theory, still be utilized to tie up your boat. That being said, you will have to use the cleatastic pro deafcon orange dock lines, which are made from pure baby sealion eyelashes, and are available for $259 each. There's a tiny marble skull attached to the end of each line, so you know it's cool.

Again, do not attempt to let a novice use these cleats. These are for the pro's only. Lots of people will be counting in increments of nine if they attempt to use these cleats without proper training and supervision.

Did I mention that there is a rider specific preset that can be programmed into the pro-edge V Elite Pro 23G's? Say karl only wants a small mist of angel fart and only wants his cleat 3/4 deployed upon tie up, well, all he has to do is toggle through 15 screens, punch in his social security number and home address, log out, touch his wireless fob to the anchor light, and BAM! just the right amount of cleat deployment and angel fart every time.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-30-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looks like $400 for the MIRROR ONLY
http://www.bartswatersports.com/cata...6921/index.asp

And if that's not a slap in the balls enough, the mount is an extra $229
http://www.bartswatersports.com/cata...6923/index.asp

So let me get this straight, you guys are spending $629 + shipping for a friggin mirror??? Good lawd!!!
We got ours for 568.00 mirror and bracket shipping included. A Nautique dealer in Elizabeth City N.C..Still pricey but worth it.You can save 200.00 if you go with the black mirror instead of the billet.Still pricey but if if saves you or your rider from an accident ,well worth it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-30-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
ALL I WANNA KNOW IS! can i save myself like 500 bucks and put this little sexy guy on my cipa 7x14. im in an observer state, and im not made of money but the current bracket i have is fugly. http://www.ptmedge.com/store/#ecwid:...roduct=9325025
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Chatt. That is hilarious!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-30-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
That sounds nice and all Chatt but not quite versatile enough IMO. I need a cleat that also has an arm that automatically folds down into the water and communicates wirelessly to the new Wakesense sensor that will be built into the 2013 Romix boards to balance the wake when your friends in the boat don't have the 'sense' to adjust their seating position.

Also, if the cleat doesn't have a retractable beer spout and retractable siphoning gas hose under the cleat (clearly labeled of course!) you are wasting your time and ours as well.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-30-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Wow, thinking out loud here but for as much money as we spend on these boats why is there not some sort of retractable siphoning fuel hose either built into or next to the fuel filler? Obviously it could not be battery powered but how nice would it be to pull a hose out, thread it into a (insert boat manufacturer's name here) branded gas can, pull a lever up and down a couple times or spin a small wheel, etc that's tucked away inside one of the rear lockers and bam, the can empties!

How cool would that be?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
all great ideas!!! I would like to apologize to the OP here, sorry for taking Hijacked to a completely different level. maybe we should start a "design ridiculous crap" thread for all of these wonderous ideas we all have haha.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
The Pro-edge V Elite Pro 23G was designed by Chuck Norris. Just sayin.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Chuck Norris doesn't invent things, the inventions come to him and beg him to let them live!
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2012, 4:15 AM Reply   
so whos the competition to this mirror, someone has to be doing the same thing for cheaper
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2012, 5:29 AM Reply   
Hahaha. So I get a call from a friend of mine last night who has used one of these mirrors and saw this thread. He told me that, like TJ and Robert have stated, the mirror is amazing and provides a far superior field of view than a standard mirror. Apparently, some dealers are selling these mirrors cheaper than Barts is, so maybe the damage is not as bad as I thought.

For those of us who utilize a tower mounting point, I guess this mirror's not an option anyway. Seems like they would design a mirror to work with that type of mount. I'd probably be willing to pay several hundred dollars for a better mirror, so long as I could use my tower mount.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2012, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
For those of us who utilize a tower mounting point, I guess this mirror's not an option anyway. Seems like they would design a mirror to work with that type of mount. I'd probably be willing to pay several hundred dollars for a better mirror, so long as I could use my tower mount.
There is an adapter if you want to use a tower mirror arm. Adapter and plastic version of the mirror would run you about $300.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
Well damn. $300's not too bad if the mirror really is that much better than the factory one. I need to see one in person now.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
I'm interested. Now I just need my boat to get here.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-01-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well damn. $300's not too bad if the mirror really is that much better than the factory one. I need to see one in person now.
Don't do it Chatt. If you know what's good for you, you'll send that $300 in small unmarked bills in a plain white envelope to:

Chuck Norris
Re: 23G R&D (unless you find a better use for it)

No need to put a return address on it or even a stamp. Take it to the Post Office, skip the line and just slam it down on the counter. They'll know what to do with it.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
I'm tempted as well. Going to check one out this weekend at White Lake when I go pick up the boat. It works with the factory Nautique mount on the current boats.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
TJ - Hahahaha
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-01-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
I saw one in person yesterday and WOW it really is that much better than any boat mirror I've ever seen!!
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-01-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
Arron, let's see some pics of that tower mount. I've heard that it fits the same mounts that hold the Cipa Extreme mirrors, but haven't seen proof.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
tower mount looks similiar to bullets mount. i wonder if that would save some money.
http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard...mirror-s/6.htm
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-01-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
That's a cool mount for those still rocking the 90's tube tower...
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-01-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
The G23 still has a tube tower.....
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_foilhead View Post
Arron, let's see some pics of that tower mount. I've heard that it fits the same mounts that hold the Cipa Extreme mirrors, but haven't seen proof.
The mirror arm isn't included, just the bracket to attach it to one.

Last edited by aarond0083; 05-01-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-01-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
That's a cool mount for those still rocking the 90's tube tower...
You'll get tired of bumping your head on the stubby Tige tower soon enough. Lol

Thanks for the pics of the other side.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
Wondering if Monster's adapter will work on it too.... saves another $50.

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-01-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

It got bigger actually LOL
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-01-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:

Ha. I was just stirring it a little to see if anyone would get their feelings hurt. I'm 6'3" and my head clears the tower...The Rev10's are another story, but I'm learning to look out for them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-01-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
Ha. I was just stirring it a little to see if anyone would get their feelings hurt. I'm 6'3" and my head clears the tower...The Rev10's are another story, but I'm learning to look out for them.
I'm 5'6" and i have to stand on my tip toes to reach the tower.LOL But alas i too have met the pro 80's a time or two.They don't move.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-01-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
I have a friend with a Z1 and I have to duck to get under the tower, and I'm only 5'10. That's the only one I've experienced so far. Looks good though if you like that sort of thing, I wouldn't trust most of them to hold my foils.

Bill, I'll find out if it works with the Monster mount when mine gets here. Not quiet as fancy, but I already have it.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-02-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
im still trying to find an affordable version of this. found this. only $25 but not a true mirror, just high polished chrome.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Attwood-Rear...cd4c7e&vxp=mtr
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-02-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Wondering if Monster's adapter will work on it too.... saves another $50.

it's supposed to work.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-04-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
I just received my Windsheild mount PTM bracket and noticed that it has some fron to back play after locking it into position. Are you guys experiencing a bit of play in your mirror bracket?
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-04-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Bryan,

You should have a pack of various thickness black rubber pads with the mount. Some are full width, some narrow. Experiment and find a combo of these that makes a good fit to your frame. Make sure the bracket is bottomed as far down as it can on the WS frame. Then tighten it up. I mounted mine on a friends boat of a different brand and it moved more than on my Supra. The frame metal was actually moving on the glass not the bracket on the frame metal.

If the clamp is not the issue and you are referring to the arm rotating fore and aft in the base, the trick there is to jiggle the arm as you tighten the lock knob and it will settle right in and be snug.

Post a pic or email me one and I will see if I can help you dial it in. KJKimball@me.com
I don't work for PTM Edge. Just a customer of theirs. I don't think Jeff will mind if I help you out a bit.

Kevin
2011 Supra 242

Last edited by Kjkimball; 05-04-2012 at 2:57 PM. Reason: added info
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-05-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
OK, mirror arrived tonight and will be onboard in the morning. The image is definately sharper than the Cipa Extreme, kinda like the mirror is in HD now, and looks to have an incredibly wide view in all directions. It is about the same width and just a little taller. It fit on the monster mount just fine, but if you don't have the Extreme to begin with then you won't have the plastic spacer (not a huge deal) or the nut to hold it ( might need a run to the hardware store ). I'm much more impressed with it than I was when I saw one in the store the day after I ordered it.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
well i bought the old school attwood chrome 180 degree mirror off ebay. for $25 brand new i figured it was worth a shot.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Attwood-Rear...cd4c7e&vxp=mtr

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
Are those plates on your ceiling?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
You don't keep your fine china on your wall??? First you buy an ugly white boat and now I find out you don't know how to store your best dinnerwear?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
It's probably a set of these;

I think they're pretty popular in TX.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
lol those pics were taken off ebay. i havent got mine yet. i have no clue whos house that is.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-07-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Oh, hahahahaha. Just wondering. I was trying to figure out what the hell that big black thing was in the back ground in the other room and I noticed those plates mounted near the ceiling.

Jon - nobody's perfect!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-07-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjkimball View Post
Bryan,

You should have a pack of various thickness black rubber pads with the mount. Some are full width, some narrow. Experiment and find a combo of these that makes a good fit to your frame. Make sure the bracket is bottomed as far down as it can on the WS frame. Then tighten it up. I mounted mine on a friends boat of a different brand and it moved more than on my Supra. The frame metal was actually moving on the glass not the bracket on the frame metal.

If the clamp is not the issue and you are referring to the arm rotating fore and aft in the base, the trick there is to jiggle the arm as you tighten the lock knob and it will settle right in and be snug.

Post a pic or email me one and I will see if I can help you dial it in. KJKimball@me.com
I don't work for PTM Edge. Just a customer of theirs. I don't think Jeff will mind if I help you out a bit.

Kevin
2011 Supra 242
Its not the mount that has play its where the arm connects to the clamp. Inside there is a split hollowed shaft that is offset to the main shaft. It almost seams like the split shaft is loose causing the looseness.
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-07-2012, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Its not the mount that has play its where the arm connects to the clamp. Inside there is a split hollowed shaft that is offset to the main shaft. It almost seams like the split shaft is loose causing the looseness.
Ah. OK. I have not seen that type of issue with the 3 mirror brackets I have had around here including mine. Go ahead and contact the guys at PTM Edge directly to see what they say. No doubt that they will jump right on it and help you with whatever is needed.

Kevin
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-08-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjkimball View Post
Ah. OK. I have not seen that type of issue with the 3 mirror brackets I have had around here including mine. Go ahead and contact the guys at PTM Edge directly to see what they say. No doubt that they will jump right on it and help you with whatever is needed.

Kevin
Great.. thanks Kevin.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-08-2012, 7:05 PM Reply   
I saw one of these over the weekend and it was awesome. It will definitely be my next upgrade
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-09-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Mine has some play in it as well but it doesn't move at all while under way. Here's a couple pics of me moving it forward and back to show the slack in it.

Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-09-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Now that I've spent some time with mine on the boat, the easiest way to describe it is that its a mirror in HD. It's that much of a difference and I think everyone that spends time with one on a boat will have to have it. I saw one in the shop, and wasn't that impressed, but they didn't have anything to compare it with. On the boat it is completely amazing how much wider and how much more vertically you can see as well. With the foils people tended to go out the top of the mirror when I had it set to where I could see them when I picked them up, I don't think I'll have that problem anymore.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-09-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
weeeeeell i got my atwood ebay 180 degree mirror in today
lol its slightly larger than a dollar bill. measures about 3" x 7" haha
it is a perfect mirror finish though, and a true 180 degree. i was impressed there.
i might just mount it to my current roswell billet arm to the right of my main mirror.
i loled when i opened the box and the box inside was the size of a brick though. i knew i had been had. glad i didnt pay the $149 for the one on ebay that i got the pics above from!
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-14-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Can anyone confirm with 100% that the monster mount will work. I am about to order a mirror and would like to save a few by ordering the monster mount aswell.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-14-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yes it works, I'm using it, the only thing you need to find is some kind of knob to tighten the threads on the mirror. I robbed mine from the Extreme mirror along with a plastic bushing to keep for scratching the mounting surfaces.
Old     (neildorin)      Join Date: May 2012       05-15-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'm 6'4" and that was a big concern for us before we ordered our Z3 this year. My head clears the tower fine unless the dome light is flipped up and the tow eye down. Then I can hit it if I'm not careful. The Rev8's don't bother me since they're tucked so nicely in the corners but if we add another pair of Rev8/10's I'm sure it'll get a lot worse. What really amazed me is that the bimini is so high up that I don't have to duck unless we put on the 2ft rear extension, then I only have to duck when getting in under the bimini from the sundeck.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-15-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by neildorin View Post
I'm 6'4" and that was a big concern for us before we ordered our Z3 this year. My head clears the tower fine unless the dome light is flipped up and the tow eye down. Then I can hit it if I'm not careful. The Rev8's don't bother me since they're tucked so nicely in the corners but if we add another pair of Rev8/10's I'm sure it'll get a lot worse. What really amazed me is that the bimini is so high up that I don't have to duck unless we put on the 2ft rear extension, then I only have to duck when getting in under the bimini from the sundeck.
Nice story, but what does it have to do with the mirror?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-15-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Nice story, but what does it have to do with the mirror?
There were 5 posts back to back above about the height of the Alpha Z tower starting with tx_foilhead said:

"You'll get tired of bumping your head on the stubby Tige tower soon enough. Lol"

Of course that was following my comment that the tower mount looks cool for those who still have a 90's tube tower.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
WTF??? A $500 mirror guys? I'm all for tricking out your rig but I think $500 could be better spent on something else.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-16-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwellman View Post
WTF??? A $500 mirror guys? I'm all for tricking out your rig but I think $500 could be better spent on something else.
Its all relative... No different from buying a $50 mirror fo a $10K boat than paying $500 for a $100K boat, it all works out to an investment of 0.5% of the value of the boat.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-20-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Bryan, to me it just seems like a waste of money, I do think the mirrors are sweet but a couple $$$ too much, to each his own.

Last edited by scwellman; 05-20-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
Where is the best price /place to buy one. I saw one in person this weekend and its a must have for me. Innovation!!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-22-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Me to spent some time with one this weekend as well at the west coast open and it is like said above a mirror in HD and is a must have for me. I to would like to know the best place to get one
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
NautiqueParts.com has the best price on these.

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/ptmproa...micmirror.aspx
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-22-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharoo View Post
Where is the best price /place to buy one. I saw one in person this weekend and its a must have for me. its a Game Changer!!
There fixed
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       05-22-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
I drove the Tige Z3 contest boat all weekend for the West Coast Wakesurf open and guess what I bought this morning?.... It really is a great mirror.