Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jmcentire)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Just sold our Tahoe(my wife didn't like driving it), so I'm looking for a mid-size suv around $15k that my wife won't mind driving but will still tow our boat(95 MC Maristar 200vrs). So far my options are:

VW Touareg V8
Saab 9-7x 5.3i (or any of the other short wheelbase trailblazer family with the v8)
BMW x5 4.4
Volvo XC90 v8

So far I like driving the Touareg the best, but heard some horror stories about reliability(and maintenance/repair costs which I do myself so doesn't matter as much). The Saab was nice(still felt like a gm suv) but I like the fact that parts should be readily available since there are a million trailblazers around. The BMW i drove was a mess...most of the electronics didn't work(which I heard is common on the x5) and it was definitely more sporty than the rest which isn't really a priority in this case. Haven't driven the Volvo yet, but heard it didn't tow that well, can anyone confirm?

Anyway if you've had experience with any of these I would like to hear opinions!
Thanks